The truth about the economic collapse must be told!

The truth is, Clinton and Bush and a bunch of Goldman guys (chiefly Bob Rubin) conspired to let banks loot the financial system in the name of giving (yes giving) houses to millions who could not afford to own them. It started with willie and the Ds and continued with Bush, who was no fiscal conservative. Deregulation sowed the seeds of destruction, and bad housing policy through fanny and freddie guaranteed our doom.
Clinton and Bush are the bookends of financial insanity.

You don't need a bill for investigation and more oversight of already existing bureaucracies.....But you already knew that, poseur.

Still waiting on you to prove your claims.
Thus far all you have done is presented your opinions and lame excuses for the right as you try to shift all of the blame to the minority party that you have yet to PROVE blocked or obstructed ANYTHING.
Then you repeated the same unsubstantiated claims as if repetition makes them valid. Oh and attacking me personally doesn't validate your claims either but my guess is that you already knew that. LOL

Got substance??

Oh and can you answer this question.

Furthermore, if you feel that way about anything done by the minority demcorats back then, then how do you feel about what republicans are doing right now??

I don't know why I bother. I keep asking you questions and you keep avoiding answering them. I wonder why?

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&NR=1]YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown[/ame]

You don't need a bill for investigation and more oversight of already existing bureaucracies.....But you already knew that, poseur.

Thus far all you have done is presented your opinions and lame excuses for the right as you try to shift all of the blame to the minority party that you have yet to PROVE blocked or obstructed ANYTHING.
Then you repeated the same unsubstantiated claims as if repetition makes them valid. Oh and attacking me personally doesn't validate your claims either but my guess is that you already knew that. LOL

Got substance??

Furthermore, if you feel that way about anything done by the minority demcorats back then, then how do you feel about what republicans are doing right now??

I don't know why I bother. I keep asking you questions and you keep avoiding answering them. I wonder why?

Hows this?? Its from Wikipedia Proof enough??

On September 10, 2003, the Bush Administration recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis. Under the plan, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae. The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set capital-reserve requirements for the company and to determine whether the company is adequately managing the risks of its portfolios. The New York Times reported that the plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is broken. The Times also reported Democratic opposition to Bush's plan: "These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing." [16]

Oh Yeah. Barney Frank. Whatta guy.

HAHA Thanks for proving my point. At the end of your video even the foxnews commentator admitted that the republicans CHOSE not to bring it to the floor for a vote because they were afraid. LOL

They were so concerned about this "threat" that they CHOSE to put it on the back burner and NOT do a damn thing about it.
Thanks for the laugh. HAHAHA

Did you even bother watching the WHOLE video? LOL

Fannie/Freddie set the pace for the rest of the industry.

How does it happen that Wells Fargo, US Bank and Bank of America (before the shotgun marriage with Merill Lynch) managed to stay solvent?

Fannie/Freddie were in the business of buying crap.
The banks continued to produce it.
Obviously more complicated but I think it is it in a nutshell.

Basically, yes.

Fannie and Freddie gave the initial guarantees for what was basically "bad paper". This initiated a series of quick profit taking, sub-prime yucko-mucko-macko, that then in turn initiated a housing bubble as millions of people who had no business owning a home bought in, as well as millions more who had no business buying up at inflated values with too easy money - by then the sickness was strung throughout the entire financial industry as the quick profit madness took hold.

The roots for this sick plant were Fannie and Freddie, and primarily, the Democrats in Congress who protected and promoted them and their "homes for everyone" mentality...

Got substance??

On September 10, 2003, the Bush Administration recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis. Under the plan, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae. The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set capital-reserve requirements for the company and to determine whether the company is adequately managing the risks of its portfolios. The New York Times reported that the plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is broken. The Times also reported Democratic opposition to Bush's plan: "These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing." [16]

____

Ironically, this is very similar to what Obama is now prancing about proclaiming we should be doing now...

HAHA Thanks for proving my point. At the end of your video even the foxnews commentator admitted that the republicans CHOSE not to bring it to the floor for a vote because they were afraid. LOL

They were so concerned about this "threat" that they CHOSE to put it on the back burner and NOT do a damn thing about it.

Kind of a long address and it could probably be shortened. Copy and paste this and it will take you right to a list of 17, yes 17 times the Reps tried to do something about Fannie and Freddie.

Gateway Pundit

Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you.

Kind of a long address and it could probably be shortened. Copy and paste this and it will take you right to a list of 17, yes 17 times the Reps tried to do something about Fannie and Freddie.

Gateway Pundit

Nice job Claudette - do your best to enlighten these poor mush-minded libs...

Got substance??

Thank you for the post but it still doesn't explain away how republicans CHOSE to do nothing about it when they had the majority.

Republicans were in charge so how did the minority democrats block any legislation from getting out of the committee?

Frank disagreed but what could he do to prevent any committee from approving a bill? The majority republicans could have sent a bill to the floor for a vote but they chose NOT to do so??
Their inaction is their own doing and trying to blame the demcorats when the republicans FAILED to do anything is beyond absurd.

How about some personal responsibility here?

So who was the man in charge of over seeing all this. Who was the man running around telling everybody everything is just fine. Who was the man who reported to the president, as to the stability of said entities. Who was the man pressuring the banks, OR ELSE, to give those zero down A.R.M.S.. Who was the DEM who did nothing to step up and say, "hey, the repub's are right, we may have a big problem on our hands. In fact, I KNOW WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM ON OUR HANDS. We dem's need to step and join the repub's in trying to rectify this mistake, and stop all the blocking and jockying". WHO WAS THE MAN WHO STOOD BEFORE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND LIED HIS ASS OFF. Who was that man, or do you even have a fucking clue?

Fact is lil' one, your party is just as responsible, if not more for this bullshit. You know it, you just don't have the spine to admit it.

The blame Bush for EVERYTHING bullshit is wearing thin, people. And it's one of the reasons as to why more people than not now believe Obama doesn't deserve to be re-elected.

The progressive startegy is failing miserably. The clear thinking people in this country are waking up to it. Better wake yourselves up, you progressive idiots, and come up with something viable. The Saul Alinsky bullshit ain't flying whatsoever. In fact, it's permanently grounded.

Last edited:
The denial is just too damn funny!

The dem's were talking that shit long after 2004.

Shall we get out the Bawney Fwank Interviews.

You loons know, the ones where he was out tellng you morons to go out and get those zero down A.R.M.'S just weeks before the collapse. You know, how he kept shouting that everything was just fine, Fannie and Freddie were in great shape.

Well, the repub's saw what was going on. The dem's just looked the other way. Hear no evil, see no evil. Fuckin' idiots!

They knew what was going on.

This is like the denial of the dem's who refuse to admit that Obama is an abject falure.

Yeah, it's all Bush's fault?.......My ass!
How nice it would be if the mess was simple like you propose. Simple is good. Simple is understandable. But the mess is anything but simple.

How nice it would be if there was a discernable villain like Mr. Frank. It would be plausible for Conservatives to pin all the blame on him. Simple. Like your politics.

But you have to understand the credit default swap scheme. You have to understand the derivatives markets. And, most importantly, you have to understand what happened to the regulations that USED to prevent messes like this.

But then you might actually learn that deregulation is just like taking cops off the beat. What happens then? Why the crime rate goes up. Simple, isn't it?

You loons know, the ones where he was out tellng you morons to go out and get those zero down A.R.M.'S just weeks before the collapse. You know, how he kept shouting that everything was just fine, Fannie and Freddie were in great shape.

Well, the repub's saw what was going on. The dem's just looked the other way. Hear no evil, see no evil. Fuckin' idiots!

This is like the denial of the dem's who refuse to admit that Obama is an abject falure.

How nice it would be if the mess was simple like you propose. Simple is good. Simple is understandable. But the mess is anything but simple.

How nice it would be if there was a discernable villain like Mr. Frank. It would be plausible for Conservatives to pin all the blame on him. Simple. Like your politics.

But you have to understand the credit default swap scheme. You have to understand the derivatives markets. And, most importantly, you have to understand what happened to the regulations that USED to prevent messes like this.

But then you might actually learn that deregulation is just like taking cops off the beat. What happens then? Why the crime rate goes up. Simple, isn't it?
As you will see, if you bother to read the thread, i'm not absolving the repub's of blame. I'm simply stating that the dem's up here refuse to accept responsibility for their parties failings. Refusing to accept that the dem's got this ball of a mess rolling with Clinton, and they continued on with the mess while keeping their heads buried up their asses. The dem's took the majority in '06, why didn't THEY do anything about it then?..Why did THEY continue on blatantly trying to mislead the people?

O''reilly continually asked that question of Fwank repeatedly, and Fwank sat their and chose to ONCE AGAIN lie his fat ass off in front of the people.

Shall we get that lil' video out?

Gateway Pundit

LOL so they failed 17 times?? How many of those where they in the majority?? LOL

You guys are a joke, you wish to blame the minority party back then becuase you claim they obstructed when you offer NO actual proof that they did anything to prevent any bill from being passed even as you show that the republicans CHOSE to do NOTHING about it.

Fast forward to now and how the right refuses to blame the minority party despite the fact that they ARE actually obstructing and filibustering.
Nice hpyocrisy. LOL

Oh and as to your list of 17 times in 2008 the problem is that the crisis became apparent YEARS before that and according to wiki (the source you provided early) the crisis became apparent in 2005-2006 when the housing bubble burst. BTW who was in charge of congress in 2005 and 2006 when this crisis became apparent and yet they CHOSE to do NOTHING about it?? That's right, it was the republicans. LOL

How can you prevent something that already occured??

So once again you are left with the FACT that republicans had a chance to do something about it and did NOTHING and you want to try and blame the democrats for the ineptitude of the republicans. LOL

Last edited:

How nice it would be if there was a discernible villain like Mr. Frank. It would be plausible for Conservatives to pin all the blame on him. Simple. Like your politics.

As you will see, if you bother to read the thread, i'm not absolving the repub's of blame. I'm simply stating that the dem's up here refuse to accept responsibility for their parties failings. Refusing to accept that the dem's got this ball of a mess rolling with Clinton, and they continued on with the mess while keeping their heads buried up their asses. The dem's took the majority in '06, why didn't THEY do anything about it then?..Why did THEY continue on blatantly trying to mislead the people?

O''reilly continually asked that question of Fwank repeatedly, and Fwank sat their and chose to ONCE AGAIN lie his fat ass off in front of the people.

Do you have any video of Sen. Phil "bunch of whiners" Gramm (R) Texas dismantling Glass-Steagal? That's de-regulation for ya!

So who was the man in charge of over seeing all this. Who was the man running around telling everybody everything is just fine. Who was the man who reported to the president, as to the stability of said entities. Who was the man pressuring the banks, OR ELSE, to give those zero down A.R.M.S.. Who was the DEM who did nothing to step up and say, "hey, the repub's are right, we may have a big problem on our hands. In fact, I KNOW WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM ON OUR HANDS. We dem's need to step and join the repub's in trying to rectify this mistake, and stop all the blocking and jockying". WHO WAS THE MAN WHO STOOD BEFORE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND LIED HIS ASS OFF.

Are those supposed to be questions??

Who was that man, or do you even have a fucking clue?

Who are you talking about?? Republicans controlled the senate from 2003 (won midterms in 2002) to 2007 (lost midterms in 2006) therefore they controlled those committees throughout that time so who was in charge during that time and still CHOSE to do nothing about it??

Fact is lil' one, your party is just as responsible, if not more for this bullshit. You know it, you just don't have the spine to admit it.

HAHA I just love this. "just as responsible" LOL Does that standard apply to the current situation or are you selectively only applying that to a time when the democrats were in the minority?? LOL

The blame Bush for EVERYTHING bullshit is wearing thin, people. And it's one of the reasons as to why more people than not now believe Obama doesn't deserve to be re-elected.

Did I even mention bush?? I believe I was referring to the republican controlled congress who controlled the committees at that time when frank was a MINORITY member and was outnumbered by republicans on that committee. So why did YOU choose to bring in bush and try to attack me based on some BS that you just made up?? LOL

The progressive startegy is failing miserably. The clear thinking people in this country are waking up to it. Better wake yourselves up, you progressive idiots, and come up with something viable. The Saul Alinsky bullshit ain't flying whatsoever. In fact, it's permanently grounded.

LOL progressive strategy. LOL Apparently you listen to beck WAAAAY too much for your own good. LOL progressive is the new buzz word for righty lemmings it's just sad how many mindless morons that are out there that enjoy drinking the koolaid. LOL

Gateway Pundit

LOL so they failed 17 times?? How many of those where they in the majority?? LOL

You guys are a joke, you wish to blame the minority party back then becuase you claim they obstructed when you offer NO actual proof that they did anything to prevent any bill from being passed even as you show that the republicans CHOSE to do NOTHING about it.

Fast forward to now and how the right refuses to blame the minority party despite the fact that they ARE actually obstructing and filibustering.
Nice hpyocrisy. LOL

Oh and as to your list of 17 times in 2008 the problem is that the crisis became apparent YEARS before that and according to wiki (the source you provided early) the crisis became apparent in 2005-2006 when the housing bubble burst. BTW who was in charge of congress in 2005 and 2006 when this crisis became apparent and yet they CHOSE to do NOTHING about it?? That's right, it was the republicans. LOL

So once again you are left with the FACT that republicans had a chance to do something about it and did NOTHING and you want to try and blame the democrats for the ineptitude of the republicans. LOL

First warning came in the early 2000's...by McCain.
Many after.
Even had a hearing where the "investigator" was admonished by a Claire Mkasshole who said fannie was doing just fine and that he, the "investigator" was wasting tax payer money and congresses time with his crap.....as she continually praised the leadership of FM...Frnklin, "where is my 90 million dollars" Raines....

So you just came across as the total ass that you are.

And having the majority does not mean you can just pass things through.....

Not like what Reid and Pelosi had...where they can just pass anything through...but couldnt!

Last edited:

Gateway Pundit

Nice hpyocrisy. LOL

First warning came in the early 2000's...by McCain.
Many after.
Even had a hearing where the "investigator" was admonished by a Claire Mkasshole who said fannie was doing just fine and that he, the "investigator" was wasting tax payer money and congresses time with his crap.....as she continually praised the leadership of FM...Frnklin, "where is my 90 million dollars" Raines....

So you just came across as the total ass that you are.

And having the majority does not mean you can just pass things through.....

Not like what Reid and Pelosi had...where they can just pass anything through...but couldnt!
Yep!

We need to pull these out just for old times sake. It's fun watching a clueless moron like Fwank being exposed as the liar we ALL now know him to be:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bijtBkKQwY8&]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly vs Barney Frank[/ame] feature=related
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HkTm6Yjoes&feature=related]YouTube - UnCut Bill O Reilly vs Barney Frank Round 2! Must See[/ame]
Tuffewin tuccotath, I tawt I taw a puddy tat!

Fucking lying idiot!

LOL way to blame clinton. HAHAH don't you know that he isn't president anymore?

BTW which party controlled the congress back when clinton was president?? LOL

Furthermore, the dems won the election in 06 but they didn't take the majority until 07.

In 06 republicans were still in charge and despite the fact that they claimed something was wrong they NEVER DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

And despite the ineptitude of the republicans you are trying to blame the democrats because the republicans chose to do NOTHING when they had the ability to do something.

The republicans were driving the car from 2003 to 2007 and they CHOSE to do nothing to avoid the crisis and your opening video is intended to blame ONLY the democrats.
Yes, you did try to hedge your bets halfway through the thread and say that the dems are "just as responsible" as the republicans but it's obvious that the intent of this thread is to blame democrats for the crisis. Your title and OP further expose that as the intent.

Forum List

Back