The truth about the economic collapse must be told!

Wicked Jester

Libsmackin'chef
Aug 4, 2009
So. Cal, Malibu!
The dem's are going to hate this shit!

Oh well, that's their problem!

ENJOY!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs]YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis[/ame]

Friggin' idiots!

I do not doubt this at all and believe all of it.
But Freddie Mae and Mac cover ups account for about 7-9% of the entire foreclosure market.
What about the other 90%?
I sit on the board of a bank. Believe me, both parties and the banks and all other financial institutions are to blame.
You know better also.

Fannie/Freddie set the pace for the rest of the industry.

How does it happen that Wells Fargo, US Bank and Bank of America (before the shotgun marriage with Merill Lynch) managed to stay solvent?

Fannie/Freddie were in the business of buying crap.
The banks continued to produce it.
Obviously more complicated but I think it is it in a nutshell.

Hmm? 2004? Who was the majority party and in charge of the committees in 2004 and who decided NOT to do anything about it??

Can you name one bill that the republicans sent to the floor for a vote to fix said problem?? Didn't think so.

This cut and paste video is old and has been responded to several times over. So it's hilarious that it's been brought up again as the righty who posted it pretends that he stumbled upon something new that he can use to try and blame the democrats as he gives the republicans a pass for NOT DOING ANYTHING.

The denial is just too damn funny!

The dem's were talking that shit long after 2004.

Shall we get out the Bawney Fwank Interviews.

You loons know, the ones where he was out tellng you morons to go out and get those zero down A.R.M.'S just weeks before the collapse. You know, how he kept shouting that everything was just fine, Fannie and Freddie were in great shape.

Well, the repub's saw what was going on. The dem's just looked the other way. Hear no evil, see no evil. Fuckin' idiots!

They knew what was going on.

This is like the denial of the dem's who refuse to admit that Obama is an abject falure.

Yeah, it's all Bush's fault?.......My ass!

21710bag.jpg

done nothing and still doing nothing.

How typical. Nothing but baseless attacks and no substance to show that the republicans actually did anything.LOL

Fact is that republicans had control of the the committees and decided what bills to vote on and in response to all of their political posturing they did NOTHING and in response to their failure you are trying so desperately to blame the democrats when the republicans didn't even put a bill on the floor to vote on. LOL

You praise the republicans as you claim that they saw what was going on and the you ignroe the fact that they did NOTHING to prevent it. So you were correct to bring up denial but you have the target all wrong becuase it's you who is in denial. LOL

So come on jester, how about some substance? Show us what the republicans who were in charge at the time did about the problem that you claim they saw coming??

Do you have anything ?? Or are you just going to continue to attack me personally in an attempt to distract away from the fact that you have NOTHING? LOL

Last edited:
As we all can see, the dem's are just as culpable in this mess as the repub's, and all the denials OF THAT FACT won't change the TRUTH!

It's ALL Bush's fault?........ MY ASS!

I'll have to go look it up, but wasn't the Democrats in charge of congress in 2004?

Substance?

Tell us about who stood in the way of the Bush administration auditing and subjecting Fannie/Freddie to more oversight?
Dude, they'll never admit it.

Just like Obama keeps preaching, it's all Bush's fault.

That shit is starting to wear thin. And as we are now seeing in recent polls, the CLEAR THINKING americans aren't buying that mantra any longer. In fact, more people than not believe Obama doesn't deserve re-election.

Substance?

Tell us about who stood in the way of the Bush administration auditing and subjecting Fannie/Freddie to more oversight?

What are you talking about?? First off, YOU have to prove that someone prevented the bush administration from doing so. Without that proof you aren't really asking a valid question.

BTW got any answers to my questions or are you avoiding them for a reason?? LOL

As we all can see, the dem's are just as culpable in this mess as the repub's, and all the denials OF THAT FACT won't change the TRUTH!

It's ALL Bush's fault?........ MY ASS!

LOL the only one denying facts is YOU.

I don't deny that democrats said what the video shows them saying but the FACT is that republicans controlled both houses of congress until 2006 and they NEVER sent anything to the senate floor for a vote.
The only way democrats could have blocked anything was if they filibustered a bill on the senate floor but the fact is that the fact is that the republicans NEVER put any such bill on the floor for a vote. There was NO filibuster because there was no discussion on the floor therefore the democrats did NOT prevent the republicans from doing anything.

If I remember correctly there was a bill in committee that was even co-sponsiored by mccain but the republicans in charge CHOSE not to do anything with it. However, jester NEVER lets a fact like that get in the way of his partisan propaganda based rants.

Substance?

What are you talking about?? First off, YOU have to prove that someone prevented the bush administration from doing so. Without that proof you aren't really asking a valid question.

I'm talking about Barney Frank and the entire CBC running interference for the malfeasance of Franklin Raines, James Johnson, Jamie Gorelick and generally standing in the way of increased oversight of Fannie/Freddie.

Obstruction of those efforts are a matter of well established public record. Note even a blatant hack like you can be unaware of them.

Yeah, because the Republican's had a 60 vote super majority in 2004. Oh, wait. It was only 51 votes....

Whereas the Democrats had 60 votes and couldn't get a health care package that they said America wanted passed.

Tell Me again how Bush and the Republicans should have done something? Particularly when I did not see the Democrats doing anything but obstructing the calls for more regulations.

Substance?

I'm talking about Barney Frank and the entire CBC running interference for the malfeasance of Franklin Raines, James Johnson, Jamie Gorelick and generally standing in the way of increased oversight of Fannie/Freddie.

Obstruction of those efforts are a matter of well established public record. Note even a blatant hack like you can be unaware of them.

So you have NO proof of anyone actually blocking any legislation or blocking the bush adminstration from doing anything. Thanks for the admission.

What bill was filibustered by the demcorats??

Fact is that you present opinion with NO substance to back up your claims and then pretend that you did because you BELIEVE that you did. LOL

Furthermore, if you feel that way about anything done by the minority demcorats back then, then how do you feel about what republicans are doing right now??

Yeah, because the Republican's had a 60 vote super majority in 2004. Oh, wait. It was only 51 votes....

Whereas the Democrats had 60 votes and couldn't get a health care package that they said America wanted passed.

Tell Me again how Bush and the Republicans should have done something? Particularly when I did not see the Democrats doing anything but obstructing the calls for more regulations.

Nice spin but can you tell me what bill was filibustered by the democrats??

Oh that's right the republicans in charge CHOSE not to do anything about it so NOT one bill concerning this issue was put on the floor for a debate or a vote.

Oh and in case you missed it dems got the 60 votes and passed a bill but now they no longer have 60 votes and the party of NO is back to it's same old tactics.

It's funny how you try desperately to compare to completely different instances and try to dishonestly claim that they are the same.

Republicans back in 2004 put NO bill on the floor for debate or a vote. Based on the FACT that NO bill was put on the floor the democrats had NOTHING to block.

Democrats in 2009-2010 put the healthcare bill on the senate floor for a debate, then voted and PASSED it despite the party of NO voting NO as a block even though the bill had NO public option was allegedly one of the main things republicans didn't like.

FACT is that republicans failed to do anything back in 2004 because they chose NOT to do anything and out of desperation and dishonesty you righties are trying to blame the democrats for the ineptitude of the republican party. LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back