The truth about the Constitution

Of course under the Articles of Confederation people's property was far more secure than under the Constitution.

Agreed. I place the blame for that on Hamilton, who purposely misled.

And since he was one of the principle architects of the Constitution what does that say about the Constitution itself? In my mind it says that the Constitution is powerless to limit the government, and must therefore be abandoned.

You abandon it now, and Anarchy will result, followed by Totalitarian Rule. Consider the two Hamilton's, Pre Ratification and Post Ratification. If we Steer towards what was presented in the Federalist Papers, and away from Unlimited Powers, we have something concrete to build on. Enumerated Powers, Limited General Welfare Powers, by consent and due process for starters. # Equal Independent Branches of the Federal Government, with Judicial Review limited to clarifying circumstances by connecting the dots that are actually there, not creating Dots to connect. No constructive Power without consent and due process. :lol: Enforcing States Rights, while protecting Each Citizens Unalienable Rights.

Agreed. I place the blame for that on Hamilton, who purposely misled.

And since he was one of the principle architects of the Constitution what does that say about the Constitution itself? In my mind it says that the Constitution is powerless to limit the government, and must therefore be abandoned.

You abandon it now, and Anarchy will result, followed by Totalitarian Rule. Consider the two Hamilton's, Pre Ratification and Post Ratification. If we Steer towards what was presented in the Federalist Papers, and away from Unlimited Powers, we have something concrete to build on. Enumerated Powers, Limited General Welfare Powers, by consent and due process for starters. # Equal Independent Branches of the Federal Government, with Judicial Review limited to clarifying circumstances by connecting the dots that are actually there, not creating Dots to connect. No constructive Power without consent and due process. :lol: Enforcing States Rights, while protecting Each Citizens Unalienable Rights.

The point would be to replace it with the Articles of Confederation.

The point would be to replace it with the Articles of Confederation.

Hmmmm... as a starting point for a foundation? I'd have to explore that more. There are 50 States now, at least by most of our counts. ;)
Here is something to check into.....

Liberty Library
of
Constitutional Classics

Liberty Library of Constitutional Classics

93. Constitutional Ratification Debates

HTML Version Text Version Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787, James Madison. — These are the proceedings of the Constitutional Convention held in Philadelphia, an essential guide to interpreting the intent of the Framers.
HTML Version Text Version Constitution for the United States (1787) — Annotated and linked to other documents in this collection.
HTML Version Text Version The Federalist Papers, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay (1787-88) — Arguments for ratification of the proposed Constitution.
Submenu Anti-Federalist Papers (1787-89) — Various essays criticizing the proposed Constitution and urging changes.
Submenu The Debates in the Several Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, Jonathan Elliot (1836) — A collection of documents, including proceedings of the ratifying state conventions.
Submenu Documentary History of the Constitution of the United States of America, U.S. State Department (1894, 1900) — A collection of documents, including some not in Elliot's Debates or the other works listed.
Submenu Documentary History of the Bill of Rights — From the English Bill of Rights through the proposed amendments of the state ratifying conventions to the drafts debated in Congress before adopting the final version.
W Selected Essays from the Founding Period — Lectures, newspaper articles, and sermons which reflect the understanding of constitutional issues during the founding period.

94. I HTML Version A Defense of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America, John Adams (1787-89) — Comprehensive historical review of how various national constitutions worked, with quotes from political philosophers and historians, that

Forum List

Back