The truth about the children massacre a week ago in Baghdad

Theregular

Jul 11, 2005
We all remember the massacre of aroun 35 children aged between 4 and 12 that occured around a week ago, when all the iraqi officials seemed to be waiting for such an act to happen to blame the "terrorists" of killing children, so did the US and UK officials.

Just as a note for you guys to know non of the iraqi resistance movements claimed responsibility of this crime as they described it, including alquida in an announcement published on the internet.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Families of the 35 children who died in a string of bombings in Baghdad blamed American troops for the tragedy, accusing them of attracting insurgents to a ceremony where the attacks occurred.

By Friday, tents had sprung up in the el-Amel neighborhood in Baghdad to accommodate mourners who gathered to share their grief from the Thursday attack. In the carnage, several explosions ripped into a crowd gathered to celebrate the inauguration of a new, much needed sewage plant.

A woman laments the lack of security as a coffin carrying the body of a child is taken for burial in Baghdad, Iraq, Friday Oct. 1, 2004. A string of bombs killed 35 children and wounded scores of others as U.S. troops handed out candy Thursday at a government sponsored celebration to inaugurate a new sewage plant. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed)

Residents said that before the start of the celebration, U.S. soldiers called upon the children through loudspeakers to join the crowd, promising them sweets. There were an unusually large number around because the long school holidays were nearing an end.

"I blame the Americans for this tragedy. They wanted to make human shields out of our children. They should have kept the children away from danger," said Abdel-Hadi al-Badri, a cleric a the al-Mubashroun al-Ashra mosque, breaking down in tears during Friday prayers.

Al-Badri's son lost his right leg in the explosion after he ignored his father's warnings to stay away from the U.S. troops.

"The Americans are the first terrorists and the people who carried out the attack are the second terrorists," he added. It was the largest number of children killed in any single insurgent attack since the conflict erupted 17 months ago.

Al-Badri's is a common lament here. Confronted by daily bombings, kidnappings, deadly crossfires and soaring violent crime, many Iraqis blame most of their ills on the Americans. Many say that they and their children would not be dying today had the U.S. not invaded their country 17 months ago.

About 100 yards from the site of two of the three explosions, a large red and yellow tent was filled with mourners for two sisters, Raghad Dharar, 12, and Meisoun Dharar,10, who were killed as they returned from a nearby market.

"The day before yesterday, I bought them new school dresses and I was planning to buy them shoes. I did not know that they were not going ever to attend again," the father said.

Dharar Ahmed, a policeman, said that there was no reason to stage a large celebration for a small sewage plant that was already partially operating.

"The Americans were attracting the children by offering sweets. They should not have done this," he said amid the sounds of wailing women.

Troops are frequently approached by Iraqi children asking for candy, pens and other handouts, and the soldiers often oblige, either because they hope to win some hearts and minds or simply because the youngsters are appealing or clearly impoverished.

In another tent, Najam Hussein was weeping over his child Ali Najam who was killed in the explosion minutes after he joined the celebration.

Hussein, who sells chandeliers, said nobody in the neighborhood had expecting the tragedy that scythed down so many innocent children.

"Blaming any party will not bring back my dead son. It seems that 25 million people will die before the democracy is achieved in this country," he said.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1002-01.htm

Theregular said:
Just as a note for you guys to know non of the iraqi resistance movements claimed responsibility of this crime as they described it, including alquida in an announcement published on the internet.
Is that the best you've got? A pathetic attempt to blame the USA for this? You're sick.

I think you meant NONE, but so what? They don't claim responsibility for EVERY bombing. Also, it wouldn't be very good for PR is they claimed responsibility for this one. You're pathetic.

You say the "truth". I don't see anything that makes any claims other than the parents who, of course, are distraught and looking to blame somebody.

Kids have been running up to GI's vehicles for 100 years. They did it in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War I, etc. Hell, even during peace time when we would deploy to Germany the kids would run up wanting us to throw them MREs, etc. Same in Korea and elsewhere.

Do you have an eduacation? It doesn't appear so.

Theregular said:
We all remember the massacre of aroun 35 children aged between 4 and 12 that occured around a week ago, when all the iraqi officials seemed to be waiting for such an act to happen to blame the "terrorists" of killing children, so did the US and UK officials.

The word massacre denotes intentional killing. For you to use it to describe several children getting injured by the collateral damage from an attack on U.S. soldiers is unjustified and reprehensible. You don't stop there though, you then proceed to imply that the U.S. soldiers were complicit in the deaths because they wanted propoganda to use against insurgents.

Take this mindless drivel over to DU...they'll eat it up.

Theregular said:

You're about one sick, twisted humanoid. I'm sure AQ or some other terrorist organization is accepting applications. I'm sure they can never get enough "martyrs" to drive carbombs into schoolchildren. You seem fully-qualified for the job.

Theregular said:

Your post is the world's greatest proof of reincarnation; no one could get that dumb in just one lifetime. In future, kindly proofread your posts before assaulting unsuspecting readers of this message board with a litany of bullshit.

You amaze me! I didn't think it was possible for one person to possess such a vast reservoir of undiluted gibberish! You could type every thing you know on the subject on back of a microscopic postage stamp and still have room leftover for a shopping list. If you knew what you're talking about, you'd be dangerous.

hahaha, is that what you guys have reached, I have no education, no brains etc your stupidity astonishes me, I dont see any proofs for any of the stupid articles posted here, only words of people who have lied in the past and will lie again to reach their cause.

Let me get this straight...the US troops were handing out goodies and stuff to the kids....
Some terrorist blew them up...
The US troops are the bad guys...

Let me guess, the original poster supports the troops....is a patriotic (more so than the neo cons on this board) ... and anyone who doesn't support the above is an illiterate neanderthal

CSM said:
Let me get this straight...the US troops were handing out goodies and stuff to the kids....

Let me guess, the original poster supports the troops....is a patriotic (more so than the neo cons on this board) ... and anyone who doesn't support the above is an illiterate neanderthal
No, thats how the american media reported it, but thats not how it went as the wittneses at the scene said as well as the parents of the children who wittnesed it.

I am going to transalte exactly what one of the kids dad said:

He said that he heard some voices of kids out in the street shouting, went out to the street and found children gathering around a bunch of US soldiers who were handing them out candy, toys and school handbags, they where shouting in the speackers to gather more kids, while near them, another group of US soldiers surrounded a while Kia that they said they recieved word that it was booby trapped, but said not to worry because that was fake call, I (the father) didnt have a good feeling about so i called my son to get inside the house, but he didnt listen to me and went to the soldiers to get some candy, in a couple of minutes the soldiers throw everything they had on the ground, got in their cars and drove away so fast, that they ran over two kids, seconds after that the car exploded killing 35 children.
The US forces announced the death of one US soldier, which is a lie of course as their where all gone, to cover up their crime.

Now you would say, why didnt we hear about this? why would our soldiers do a thing like that, the answer is simple, they did exactly the same thing as they did in Silvador, douing such crimes to try to destroy the image of the resistance and make them look as of they are targeting civilians, which is a load of crap, these people are fighting for the freedom of these people and in no way they would kill them! they are not stupid.

Check the images i posted in another thread, did you ever see this pics in the news? never, these are only a part of whats going on in Iraq. Ask your self, why dont you see them? why is thier a cover up on such news and images, if they covered such crimes? wouldnt they be able to cover others?

They would be able to do so, but sooner or later truth will come out, like they did in /Vietnam, i am sure their where people like you back then, who accused anyone of lying when he talked abour war crimes in vientnam, but then what happened, all the truth came out and you cant deny it.

Theregular said:
hahaha, is that what you guys have reached, I have no education, no brains etc your stupidity astonishes me, I dont see any proofs for any of the stupid articles posted here, only words of people who have lied in the past and will lie again to reach their cause.

Dude, you ain't said NOTHING. You are a freakin' moron. I doubt pulling your head out your ass and getting some oxygen into those three brain cells would do a thing for you at this point. I bet mommy and daddy are REAL proud of YOU. Now be a good little turd and quit messing with their computer. It's for the grownups.

CSM said:

He's going to translate for you ...... feel REAL honored, I bet. :smoke:

GunnyL said:
He's going to translate for you ...... feel REAL honored, I bet. :smoke:
Translate what? Is the assumption that I am illiterate or have English as a second language?

I saw lots of injuries in the pics...what I did not see was US troops injuring children. Showing a pic of an injured child and then telling me that US troops did it is not proof!

As for US troops running over two people in their haste to evacuate an area ... I just dont believe it. First of all, that implies the troops KNEW the bomb was about to go off. Second, I am willing to bet that if the white KIA was involved, it would have been checked out thoroughly. Thirdly, US troops do not drive cars....Why is it that the "witnesses" were very specific about the car bomb descritption and then call US military vehicles (my guess would be HMMWVs) cars?

CSM said:
Translate what? Is the assumption that I am illiterate or have English as a second language?

I saw lots of injuries in the pics...what I did not see was US troops injuring children. Showing a pic of an injured child and then telling me that US troops did it is not proof!

As for US troops running over two people in their haste to evacuate an area ... I just dont believe it. First of all, that implies the troops KNEW the bomb was about to go off. Second, I am willing to bet that if the white KIA was involved, it would have been checked out thoroughly. Thirdly, US troops do not drive cars....Why is it that the "witnesses" were very specific about the car bomb descritption and then call US military vehicles (my guess would be HMMWVs) cars?

I think he wants to convert you. ;)

GunnyL said:
I think he wants to convert you. ;)
What...again?

You all know how I just turn right over with the irrefutable evidence posted by those such as that presented here ... why, usually it only takes one post!

I sure will be glad when we get the "troll upgrade package" ... you know, the one where they actually present some facts instead of twisted logic and venomous rhetoric.

CSM said:
What...again?

You all know how I just turn right over with the irrefutable evidence posted by those such as that presented here ... why, usually it only takes one post!

I sure will be glad when we get the "troll upgrade package" ... you know, the one where they actually present some facts instead of twisted logic and venomous rhetoric.

LMAO!!!

Theregular said:

This is wacho leftist site. http://www.commondreams.org/
The Islamists had made their goals very clear. They want to kill Christians and Jews. They want to turn the world into a Islamic Theocracy. What part of that don't the extreme liberals get? They are counting on people just like you to win. I don't want to go back to the 7th century, grow a beard and be forced to pray to Allah or have may head cut off.

Theregular said:
No, thats how the american media reported it, but thats not how it went as the wittneses at the scene said as well as the parents of the children who wittnesed it.

I am going to transalte exactly what one of the kids dad said:

He said that he heard some voices of kids out in the street shouting, went out to the street and found children gathering around a bunch of US soldiers who were handing them out candy, toys and school handbags, they where shouting in the speackers to gather more kids, while near them, another group of US soldiers surrounded a while Kia that they said they recieved word that it was booby trapped, but said not to worry because that was fake call, I (the father) didnt have a good feeling about so i called my son to get inside the house, but he didnt listen to me and went to the soldiers to get some candy, in a couple of minutes the soldiers throw everything they had on the ground, got in their cars and drove away so fast, that they ran over two kids, seconds after that the car exploded killing 35 children. The US forces announced the death of one US soldier, which is a lie of course as their where all gone, to cover up their crime.

Why would the US do this? Serious dude, where is your logic. The US Soldier have no cause to kill children and have a much longer history of passing out candy and toys to children in the country they serve, than a history of targeting children. Second of all the terrorist are primarily from foreign citizens and the former murderous suppressing Sunni minority, not the Shiite and Kurdish Majority.

Now you would say, why didnt we hear about this? why would our soldiers do a thing like that, the answer is simple, they did exactly the same thing as they did in Silvador, douing such crimes to try to destroy the image of the resistance and make them look as of they are targeting civilians, which is a load of crap, these people are fighting for the freedom of these people and in no way they would kill them! they are not stupid.

And somehow you don’t believe terrorist or even revolutionaries wont kill even their own children to furthering their own cause. Please now take of your Anti-American collared glasses and see the world history of these organization and methods with enlightens sight, or better yet, why don’t you and some of your similar think friends do something real, go to Iraq and save the children, so these same revolutionaries can blame or sacrifice you for their cause as well.

You do know the Iraqi Sunnis Minorities used chemical weapon on the Iraqi Kurdish population killing a great deal of Kurdish children. They also suppressed the Shiite Majority through brutal suppression. I want you to declare right know, that you’re for the minority suppressing the majority. I want you to declare your true values, because supporting the Iraqi Revolutionaries Terrorist right know your supporting these values.

Forum List

Back