Fox News:

FOXNews.com - Senate OKs $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill

CNN:

Senate approves government funding bill - CNN.com

But CNN says $447 billion!

So who's right?

Senate passes $1.1 trillion spending bill - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com

Well actually:

The spending bill combines six of the 12 annual appropriation bills for the 2010 budget year that began on Oct. 1. Obama has signed into law five others.

The final one, a $626 billion defense bill, will be used as the base bill for another catch-all package of measures that Congress must deal with in the coming days. Those include action to raise the $12.1 trillion debt ceiling and proposals to stimulate the job market.

The FBI gets $7.9 billion, a $680 million increase over 2009; the Veterans Health Administration budget goes from $41 billion to $45.1 billion; the National Institutes of Health receives $31 billion, a $692 million increase.

The truth, as always, is in the numbers.

the truth, not dogbert's cherry pick quote from CNN:

The U.S. Senate on Sunday approved $447 billion in spending for several Cabinet departments and other agencies for the 2010 budget year -- money needed to fund the federal government after this week.

The omnibus measure also authorizes about $600 billion in mandatory federal spending on government programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, funding that is set by formula and cannot be altered by Congress.

and as pointed out by dogbert....msnbc also says 1.1 trillion...as does cbs....

Senate OKs $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill - CBS News

here is a google....http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...pending+Bill&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

which i'm sure came from the same source as fox....the AP....

might want to do your homework next time dogbert

Last edited:

You seem to be missing the point that $626 billion of the $1.1 Trillion is the Defense Budget.

no, you're missing the point, from your cnn link:

The omnibus measure also authorizes about $600 billion in mandatory federal spending on government programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, funding that is set by formula and cannot be altered by Congress.

thats twice posted for you

Last edited:
dogbert...you really need to do your homework....

On a 57-35 vote, senators approved legislation that would combine $447 billion in funds for a variety of federal agencies and about $650 billion in payments for benefit programs like Medicare and Medicaid. The agency money is for the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, 2010. It doesn't include defense spending.
Senate approves huge spending bill - MarketWatch

You could still fall back on your real point. You don't like Fox News. After being proven wrong twice in your own thread, you might just want to call it a night.

Except in this case, CNN is wrong too. This thread was not made to attack Fox News. Don't jump to such conclusions like that.

You could still fall back on your real point. You don't like Fox News. After being proven wrong twice in your own thread, you might just want to call it a night.

Except in this case, CNN is wrong too. This thread was not made to attack Fox News. Don't jump to such conclusions like that.

nice try...you tried to claim cnn was right and fox is wrong....you even tried to claim it includes the defense spending....telling me i'm missing the point...you're wrong buddy boy....it doesn't....

it is in fact a 1.1 TRILLION dollar spending bill....that is truth....

nice try...you tried to claim cnn was right and fox is wrong....you even tried to claim it includes the defense spending....telling me i'm missing the point...you're wrong buddy boy....it doesn't....

Except I never said CNN was right nor did I try to claim CNN was right. Is this what delusions do to people?

What I was trying to point out with this thread is all three sites have a different opinion, but the truth lies in the number. Whether I was right or wrong in this instance is irrelevant because I wasn't out to call someone wrong. I was out to bring attention to this issue. Without the partisan politics.

However, you want to try and bring them in here.

Your sources reported the same information in different formats Dogbert. To me, the story in there was this:

According to the independent, nonpartisan group Taxpayers for Common Sense, the spending bill includes 5,244 earmarks -- or pet projects sought by members of Congress -- that total just under $4 billion.

"I demand the president of the United States keep his word, when he signed another pork-laden bill last March, to veto this bill," said Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona before Sunday's vote.

Your sources reported the same information in different formats Dogbert. To me, the story in there was this:

According to the independent, nonpartisan group Taxpayers for Common Sense, the spending bill includes 5,244 earmarks -- or pet projects sought by members of Congress -- that total just under $4 billion.

"I demand the president of the United States keep his word, when he signed another pork-laden bill last March, to veto this bill," said Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona before Sunday's vote.

I'm surprised there are only 5,244 earmarks. You'd figure there would be a lot more.

I'm surprised there are only 5,244 earmarks. You'd figure there would be a lot more.

Sad to say, you have a point. Still, I'd eat some of my words about Obama, if he stood up to Congress on this bill and vetoed it.

Except I never said CNN was right nor did I try to claim CNN was right. Is this what delusions do to people?

What I was trying to point out with this thread is all three sites have a different opinion, but the truth lies in the number. Whether I was right or wrong in this instance is irrelevant because I wasn't out to call someone wrong. I was out to bring attention to this issue. Without the partisan politics.

However, you want to try and bring them in here.

you're flat out lying. i have brought zero partisan politics, i've even cited left wing news sources....if you think showing you that you're wrong as to the defense spending is partisan politics, grow a pair....more importantly, you said fox said this and then said:

"actually".....and gave your cherry pick and then said "the truth" lies in the numbers.....when i said you are wrong, you said, no, that i was the one missing the point as it included the defense spending....the very same thing you said was the truth from CNN in the OP....

so you in fact claimed in the OP that CNN was right as actually....the truth lies in the numbers....you've admitted you're wrong before so i am a bit surprised at your outright dishonesty in this thread....even your thread title alludes to you having the truth about the spending bill....

Last edited:
To be honest, I really don't know who is telling the truth anymore but the fact that congress passed this on a sunday when no one is interested in politics, which means no one will be watching, then it tells me something is wrong because a favorite tactic of this administration is to pass unpopular bills on a weekend when everyone is busy with living their lives.

It amazes me that any of them would make that big of a fuss over $4 billion in earmarks. That adds up to what? Oh yea, that would be .004 percent of the budget. These idiots just make me laugh, every single one of them.

What I did find interesting is that all Federal workers will receive a 2% pay increase. I'm sure that will sit well with all the Federal employees, but let's remember SS recipients were told that there will be no cost of living increase in 2010, because the cost of living didn't increase in 2009.

Now, I do have a vested interest here as my kids collect SS. But I am not complaining about them not receiving a cost of living increase. I am perfectly fine with the reasoning also. But why in the fuck are the Federal employees getting one?

New Topics

Forum List

Back