The truth about Slavery and the Civil War

We weren't the last. Cuba had slaves well into the early 1900's

Cuba hardly fits the bill of "the last of the big, semi-European-Western nations to do so."

I don't know which nation is or was the absolute last one to abolish slavery, if in fact, it has been abolished completely.

Cuba hardly fits the bill of "the last of the big, semi-European-Western nations to do so."

I don't know which nation is or was the absolute last one to abolish slavery, if in fact, it has been abolished completely.

Slavery still exists just no Government is openly allowing it.

Already addressed. The Emancipation proclamation ensured there would be a 13th Amendment. I guess you been hanging out with Jillian a little to long, your reading comprehension is failing you.

That what you think your Monday morning quarterbacking proves? The Emancipation Proclamation didn't ensure jack shit.

There were only a few States not covered by the proclamation, Kentucky, Maryland and Missouri come to mind. However the proclamation ENSURED that when the war was over that slavery would end in those States as well. It set the bar.

Again, Monday morning quarterbacking not supported by any real fact.

War of US Aggression, what a laugh. 11 States Rebelled, formed armies and ATTACKED the US Government, seizing illegally US property, forts and killing US troops and citizens.

What's REAL laugh is people like you who can't handle the truth.

Lincoln bent over back wards to appease that bunch, he did not even form an Army until South Carolina attacked Fort Sumnter. Long after the South had called up militia and formed active Armies.

I have never contended that Lincoln did not make every effort to peacefully resolve the issue.

And ya slavery might have finally ended 60 years later , why don't you tell your black friends how it would have been better for all concerned if the South had been allowed to keep slaves until 1910 or 1920. I am sure they would love to hear how that would have been a good outcome.

I expected THIS baseless attack. Just so f-ing predictable. I said slavery would have ended on its own. PERIOD. How much longer it would have taken is speculative and a deflection from my point for no other reason than to attempt to claim some faux position of moral superiority.

That what you think your Monday morning quarterbacking proves? The Emancipation Proclamation didn't ensure jack shit.

Again, Monday morning quarterbacking not supported by any real fact.

What's REAL laugh is people like you who can't handle the truth.

I have never contended that Lincoln did not make every effort to peacefully resolve the issue.

I expected THIS baseless attack. Just so f-ing predictable. I said slavery would have ended on its own. PERIOD. How much longer it would have taken is speculative and a deflection from my point for no other reason than to attempt to claim some faux position of moral superiority.

Shall I quote you were you said the 20th Century? Hurry now and change your statement before I quote you.

And YOU are a bald faced liar claiming that the Emancipation Proclamation had no bearing on the 13th Amendment. Goes hand in glove with your claims the South did not start the war and that the North Invaded them first.

We will never know what Congress might have decided once in session , about the South, because South Carolina forced a shooting war on the US. Lincoln wanted to solve the problem peacefully, he repeatedly told the Southern States he would do anything to appease them and get them back in the fold.

Shall I quote you were you said the 20th Century? Hurry now and change your statement before I quote you.

And YOU are a bald faced liar claiming that the Emancipation Proclamation had no bearing on the 13th Amendment. Goes hand in glove with your claims the South did not start the war and that the North Invaded them first.

We will never know what Congress might have decided once in session , about the South, because South Carolina forced a shooting war on the US. Lincoln wanted to solve the problem peacefully, he repeatedly told the Southern States he would do anything to appease them and get them back in the fold.

You're calling me a liar because I don't accept your Monday morning quarterbacking as anything but the bullshit it is? Fuck you, huh.

I don't need to change anything. For the slow that obviously cannot grasp the simple and want to twist what I stated out of context ... my point is that slavery would have ended on it's own. When is irrelevant to the context of the statetment, so go piss up a rope.

I did not say the Emancipation Proclamation had no bearing on the 13th Amendment. I said it did not ENSURE (your word) the 13th Amendment. At the time Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation the outcome of the Civil War wasn't even "ensured," much less that an attempted wartime strategy would lead to any damned thing.

You must have forgotten where I came from, GUNS. You want to play nasty with me and call me a liar I'll take your ass to the PIT so fucking fast your head won't be done spinning before your lungs are filled with sand. Understand?

Now back the fuck off.

You're calling me a liar because I don't accept your Monday morning quarterbacking as anything but the bullshit it is? Fuck you, huh.

I don't need to change anything. For the slow that obviously cannot grasp the simple and want to twist what I stated out of context ... my point is that slavery would have ended on it's own. When is irrelevant to the context of the statetment, so go piss up a rope.

I did not say the Emancipation Proclamation had no bearing on the 13th Amendment. I said it did not ENSURE (your word) the 13th Amendment. At the time Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation the outcome of the Civil War wasn't even "ensured," much less that an attempted wartime strategy would lead to any damned thing.

You must have forgotten where I came from, GUNS. You want to play nasty with me and call me a liar I'll take your ass to the PIT so fucking fast your head won't be done spinning before your lungs are filled with sand. Understand?

Now back the fuck off.

Sure thing. You are the one spinning and trying to deflect. Probably some of that old liberal dogma you still have in you.

After the proclamation there is NO WAY that the USA was not going to ban slavery everywhere else. The 13th was only made possible by the war and the Proclamation. It did not appear whole cloth from no where. And claiming that somehow after letting the genie out of the bottle they were gonna stuff it back in is hilarious.

Pretending the South as a sovereign nation was going to get rid of slavery any time before they had some total replacement for the free labor is hilarious as well. They only took that step after it was clear they lost the war in a last gasp at trying to change things.

The South lost, get over it, it happened long before you were ever born and no amount of revision is going to change it.

Sure thing. You are the one spinning and trying to deflect. Probably some of that old liberal dogma you still have in you.

After the proclamation there is NO WAY that the USA was not going to ban slavery everywhere else. The 13th was only made possible by the war and the Proclamation. It did not appear whole cloth from no where. And claiming that somehow after letting the genie out of the bottle they were gonna stuff it back in is hilarious.

Pretending the South as a sovereign nation was going to get rid of slavery any time before they had some total replacement for the free labor is hilarious as well. They only took that step after it was clear they lost the war in a last gasp at trying to change things.

The South lost, get over it, it happened long before you were ever born and no amount of revision is going to change it.

Bullshit. You've got it here in black and white now back up your mouth. Feel free to quote where I stated there is no way the USA was going to ban slavery everywhere else.

Proclaiming that at the time Lincoln gave the Emancipation Proclamation that it would lead to the 13th Amendment would have been nothing but speculation. Again, AT THE TIME, the US still had to win the war to make ANYTHING worth the paper it was written on.

I'm pretending nothing. You are the one pretending the US had all the answers beforehand. Your arguments in hindsight in NO WAY are relevant to the issue as it was at the time.

I stated slavery would have ended in the South without the Civil War. Obviously, to anyone who gradjeeated the 6th grade, it is a speculative opinion since it didn't happen that way. Duh.

Trying to turn around and claim I was stating absolutes is just bullshit.

Bullshit. You've got it here in black and white now back up your mouth. Feel free to quote where I stated there is no way the USA was going to ban slavery everywhere else.

Proclaiming that at the time Lincoln gave the Emancipation Proclamation that it would lead to the 13th Amendment would have been nothing but speculation. Again, AT THE TIME, the US still had to win the war to make ANYTHING worth the paper it was written on.

I'm pretending nothing. You are the one pretending the US had all the answers beforehand. Your arguments in hindsight in NO WAY are relevant to the issue as it was at the time.

I stated slavery would have ended in the South without the Civil War. Obviously, to anyone who gradjeeated the 6th grade, it is a speculative opinion since it didn't happen that way. Duh.

Trying to turn around and claim I was stating absolutes is just bullshit.

And you can be so kind as to find where I said that in 1863 the 13th amendment was a lock. I said that the proclamation ensured that the 13th would happen. And that is simple facts. And gee whiz as soon as the war was over, we got the 13th Amendment. Remind me again how Amendments get proposed and passed in months. Ohh and that was followed by the 14th.

Slaves would have been mostly replaced by machines by the 20th century. Another small factoid nobody ever discusses is Southerners themselves were questioning the morality of slavery. Slavery was also geographically isolated.

Had there not been the War of US Aggression, it would have dies on its own.

This is the way it died out in the rest of the world. Too bad Lincoln had to force the issue and cause hundreds of thousands of deaths.

This is the way it died out in the rest of the world. Too bad Lincoln had to force the issue and cause hundreds of thousands of deaths.

The South not the North forced the issue. Once again for the terminally ignorant, Lincoln did not even form an Army until AFTER South Carolina attacked Fort Sumnter. He stood by while the South raised armies and trained, he stood by while they seized Federal Arsenals and armed their armies. He did nothing in the hopes that Congress would convene and cooler heads would prevail. Once South Carolina attacked the North he had no choice.

Forum List

Back