CDZ The Truth about Separating Kids

The only people who will believe the spin tRump and the republican congress are about to start pushing are the support base. Everyone else knows this was a problem created by tRump's policies and nothing else. Yes, I know you folks here in the conservative echo chamber will be high fiving each other for a few days, but rest assured, it's a hollow victory that will net you nothing.
I am admittedly not following this topic as well as others. Therefore, I ask, can you provide a like to anything that supports your claim that this is a direct (or even indirect) result of a Trump policy?
Trump keeps blaming Democrats for his own policy of family separation

Trump Repeats Falsehood That Democrats Are to Blame for Separating Migrant Families

Analysis | Why the Trump administration bears the blame for separating children from their families at the border

Her are several links, if they aren't enough please let me know.
After reading much of your links, I surmise that this pretty much sums up the situation:
"Having no effective way to detain the parents with their children, Obama administration officials released the families pending the resolution of their asylum cases. Some were given ankle bracelets. Others were simply ordered to return for a court hearing. What they refused to do was to automatically split the children from their parents so that the adults could be detained.

Effectively, they made an exception for illegal immigrants who arrived with children — an exception that Trump administration officials followed until Mr. Sessions imposed a zero-tolerance policy this year."Trump Resisting a Growing Wrath for Separating Migrant Families
Not exactly a sound support of your position. It would seem as though the Trump admin. is merely FOLLOWING THE LAW written and enacted, I might add, BEFORE Trump took office. So, yea, Trump's policies have caused a change in the way things are done. The FACT remains that he is enforcing our immigration law.
It is a sound support. tRump and sessions have a choice. They are choosing to separate them. You can push that "enforcing the law" nonsense as much as you want, but then you better insist that people without health insurance pay the fines as well, and that speeding tickets are issued for 1 mph over, and so on.
And I do. I have actually started threads on similar topics. It was amazing how much push back I got, from liberals AND conservatives alike.

It is trump/sessions "zero tolerance policy" that is the cause of this. To say otherwise Isa flat out lie. Thye are using this issue to pressure Democrats to fund the useless wall.
Wrong again, Slick.

It is the intent to slow illegal immigration.
I'm sorry but that is incorrect by tRump's own admission.

Trump Finally Admits He's Responsible: "You Have to Take the Children Away"
And how many more from Central America will see that this is a risk you will take and the risk is that you will have your children removed from your custody until you are processed.

I see a deterent. To slow immigration.

Almost all of them have never seen a Doctor, dentist, pediatrician before they came here.

I see no problem.
So, have you moderated your views since the OP? Your latest position is much less hyperbolic than the original. Now we are deterring illegal immigrants where as before we we stopping hardened criminals smuggling children in to sex slavery.
No I have not.

I still think it is a deterent.

We are caring for the children who come here.

The questionable parents are being vetted.

I still believe there are many who are being raped.

I still believe there are those who are Working off their fees, through slavery and sweatshops.

And there has been documentation of sex slavery in this country.
And the truth of the matter is- that the Trump policy is intended to be a deterrent. Various administration members have implicitly admitted that the arrest and separation policy is supposed to be a deterrent- even as Trump and others blame Democrats for his own policies.

The United States is 'caring' for the children- but at the same time those children are being harmed by being separated from their parents.

The Trump policy is not to 'vet' questionable parents- all adults with children are separated from the children. All adults are prosecuted.

If the actual intent of this policy was to protect children from child traffickers- then any 'questionable' adults with children could be detained with the children either kept with them- or kept nearby, while the adults relationship is verified- and all adults whose relationship was not questionable were kept with the children.

But that is not being done. Children are being taken away from their parents even when their is no question as to their relationship- and taking those children away does harm those children- and puts them at more risk of being raped.

Why? Because kids without their own parents to watch over them are at more risk of sexual abuse by others.

This Trump policy has nothing to do with protecting children from abuse- and everything to do with acting as a deterrent to illegal immigration.

Democrats do not like to enforce laws that are politically inconvenient, even the ones they themselves once supported.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread- but thanks!

Meanwhile- Trump has announced that he will be ending his policies of separating kids from their parents.

So thanks Trump for ending the policy that your AG put in place that was separating all of those kids from their families.

Guess it wasn't the Democrats fault after all.

Forum List

Back