The Truth about Judaism

How did Ishmael make sport of Isaac? It must take a heck of a lot of wrongdoing to have your own father kick you out. surely there must be a deeper account of the matter somewhere?

How did Ishmael make sport of Isaac? It must take a heck of a lot of wrongdoing to have your own father kick you out. surely there must be a deeper account of the matter somewhere?
It was probably some disproportionate excuse, but Sarah was the love of Abraham's life, and he would do anything to please her, beside the fact that Isaac was already his favorite son due to the fact that he came from Sarah.

actually, abraham didn't want to throw him out. sarah wanted him gone. and as fisty said, abraham was going to please her by accommodating her. and then there's the fact that G-d told him to listen to what sarah said.

in terms of what "sport" was, there are different interpretations of that since the bible doesn't elaborate.

I'd suggest you get a link for that...

And no, I've never heard that Moses is considered the first author of the torah. moreover you're talking about something that allegededly existed in the year 200 CE.

you do know there are a lot of bogus sites out there, right?

I mean, you can link to the protocols of the learned elders of zion, too... wouldn't make the contents any less garbage. Without a link, though, I'm figuring it didn't come from anyplace of value anyway.
I can see where Jews would not like to admit the existence of these
books or beliefs as many Christians who are sympathetic to the Zionist cause declare their alliance with them and thinking ones would therefore look at them in a bad light and perhaps turn away from the deception and falsehoods that their Jewish friends maybe adhere to.
Have you heard of the Toledot Jeshu (Book of the Life of Jesus)? It is said however, you may not find anyone in your bookstore because when the Jewish teachings regarding Jesus Christ were discovered in the early 1600's, a cover-up ensued. In 1631, a Jewish synod in Poland ordered the offending passages to be expunged, and that these teaching were to be passed on orally to young Jews by Rabbis and parents. This is documented by P.L.B Drach:
edit

I'm just saying that the Talmud and Cabala teachings of the Toledot Yeshu are representative of teachings regarding Christ which may be shocking to Christians. This is why I suggested the OP add this question to his list in hopes of getting a Jewish persons view on these writings and books, and perhaps a general opinion on how modern Judaism views Jesus and Christians overall. Bear in mind I am not here to bash or ridicule, it wouldn't matter to me if Jews in general are taught to view Jesus or Christians in this negative light,
rather I have a problem with so called Christians themselves who would ally themselves with these teachings. Your thoughts?

it's 5:39PM EST. you have until 5:45 to provide links for the material you've cited or it will be edited out. your choice.

Whoa... touchy are we? Check your inbox please.

Forum List

Back