The truth about Islam

Truthspeaker

Αλήθεια η&
Nov 26, 2008
San Francisco
I have questions, serious questions and I hope I can get straight answers from studious Muslims.
1. What is the interpretation of the Quran that promotes terrorism?
2. What is the interpretation of the Quran that denounces terrorism?
3. What qualifies Muhammad to be considered a Prophet?
4. Who compiled the original Quran?
5. What do Muslims believe will happen to "non believers" who die without accepting Islam?
6. Why do Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet, but not the Son of God like he said?
7. What do Muslims believe about the death of innocent children?
8. What is the real doctrine behind the 72 virgins and how do you qualify to get them?
9. What is the Islamic rule on Polygamy?
10. Once you achieve paradise, then what?

Please enlighten me.

The truth about Islam is that the voices of war and intolerance appear to be louder than the peace message.

I'm waiting for Muslims to wake up.

Good post TS, I'm hoping to see some thoughtful answers.

The truth about Islam is that the voices of war and intolerance appear to be louder than the peace message.

That would seem to be the case, however since peaceful Muslims are not loud and don't cause headlines, I need to know if they are the majority or the minority.

I have questions, serious questions and I hope I can get straight answers from studious Muslims.
5. What do Muslims believe will happen to "non believers" who die without accepting Islam?
6. Why do Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet, but not the Son of God like he said?
8. What is the real doctrine behind the 72 virgins and how do you qualify to get them?

Please enlighten me.
Aaaah... I really have no idea about any of this stuff, but do wonder as you do what the answers are.

But, my guess is, you might get some islam or muslim apologist in here that'll spin and call you names, but you won't get any straight answers. Not one.

That would seem to be the case, however since peaceful Muslims are not loud and don't cause headlines, I need to know if they are the majority or the minority.

Let the gentle voices of peaceful Muslims, Christians, and Jews sing with one heart, we are One.

I think it's the standard 'defend yourself' idea that any person religious or not would understand.

Depends on the definition - struggle against oppression is ok... even if someone else call syou a bad name, like 'terrorist'.

That, according to the Quran, he was spoken to by God and given a message. Like Moses (also a Prophet in Islam, and Jesus, also a revered prophet).

I think followers/friends of Muhammed... he was illiterate I believe.

No idea, but I think they get judged on their actions... not whether or not they were believers as much as Christianity for example.

He didn't actually say that, did he? In fact most don't believe he is genetically divine, per se.
* Didn't he ask 'God, why has thou forsaken me?' at some pint? Would he have been talking to himself according to Christians? He was pretty hardcore Jewish anyhow, it was John I think that spread the divinity angle to followers...

Great reward in the next life... same for any who have suffering in this life I think.

Ha! No idea.

Think it's based on olden times when men were more often killed in wars, etc. So, women would be widows and this was a solution to that, they would have home/food/cared for/etc.

Another good question... for any religion. I would suppose that is 'it'.

As a non-Muslim - these are my best answers (gleaned from arguing with someone who is Muslim a few years ago).

the truth about islam is that the voices of war and intolerance appear to be louder than the peace message.

I'm waiting for muslims to wake up.

that would seem to be the case, however since peaceful muslims are not loud and don't cause headlines, i need to know if they are the majority or the minority.

let the gentle voices of peaceful muslims, christians, and jews sing with one heart, we are one.

$stuey puke.gif

I think it's the standard 'defend yourself' idea that any person religious or not would understand.I need something better than this, because terrorism is not an act of self defense.

Depends on the definition - struggle against oppression is ok... even if someone else call syou a bad name, like 'terrorist'.I would like a scripture to be referenced, citing who is oppressing them and why those oppressors deserve to be terrorized. Again, not to be confused with self defense or acts of war among soldiers.

That, according to the Quran, he was spoken to by God and given a message. Like Moses (also a Prophet in Islam, and Jesus, also a revered prophet).I would like to hear the account of what was said in this message.

I think followers/friends of Muhammed... he was illiterate I believe.I would like to know who gave them authority to write the scriptures.

No idea, but I think they get judged on their actions... not whether or not they were believers as much as Christianity for example.I would really like to know the official stance.

He didn't actually say that, did he?Actually he did. In John 8:57-59. When speaking of Abraham and describing his life the Pharisees questioned him saying,"Thou art not yet 50 years old, and has thou seen Abraham?" Jesus answered, "Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I AM." Then the jews took up stones to cast at him, and He hid Himself from them. He claimed to be the great I AM. Blasphemy, the punishment for which was stoning. Why do you think they took up stones to cast at him? In fact most don't believe he is genetically divine, per se.I speak for a lot Christians that believe he was genetically divine.
* Didn't he ask 'God, why has thou forsaken me?' at some pint?Yes Would he have been talking to himself according to Christians? Not Christians like me. I believe he was talking to his Father that was IN heaven at the time.He was pretty hardcore Jewish anyhow, it was John I think that spread the divinity angle to followers...If he was so hardcore Jewish, why were the Pharisees and Saducees "astonished at his doctrine." What is a hardcore Jew? There were differences among them then.

Great reward in the next life... same for any who have suffering in this life I think.Sounds good to me, but I would like the official stance

Ha! No idea.Truly seems to be a taboo subject around here.

Think it's based on olden times when men were more often killed in wars, etc. So, women would be widows and this was a solution to that, they would have home/food/cared for/etc.Sounds good to me, but what is the justification nowadays? Official stance desired.

Another good question... for any religion. I would suppose that is 'it'.Truly wondering as well.

As a non-Muslim - these are my best answers (gleaned from arguing with someone who is Muslim a few years ago).

:doubt:

You are looking for rationalizations for the actions of religious people?

good luck

Not a studious Muslim, but I do know some of these answers......

Referred to in the concept of the "outer jihad", which is the struggle against those that would destroy Islam. Incidentally, also called the "lesser jihad".

The concept of "inner jihad", which is the struggle with oneself against evil thoughts. This one is called the "greater jihad".

Because he was descended from the bloodline of Abraham. Incidentally, he's not as much a prophet, as he is someone who was trying to steal the Blessing of Abraham. Hagar was pissed that she and Ishmael were kicked out of the tribe, while Jacob (the younger son) received the Blessing.

The followers of Mohammed who were present when he died. Mohammed was illiterate incidentally, so the book was written by the various tribe leaders. They gathered together all the quotes and sayings they could find, and, in order to be included, they had to have been spoken to 2 or more people, as well as there were other rules.

They are to be destroyed upon the arrival of the 13th Imam at the end of the world.

Because they wanted to have Islam as the only religion, as reflected in their radical way of drawing others to them by telling them "convert or die". They believe that the Jews and Christians are people with a flawed religion, so therefore, they think only Mohammed is the one.

Not sure.

If you die in defense of Islam, then you are taken up to the Muslim version of paradise and given 72 virgins. However......there is some discrepancy on what you actually receive, as there was a History Channel program that stated a possible translation is 72 raisins.

Permissible, depending on the sect.

Again, not sure. Personally? With the Koran being mixed up, as well as their theology being pretty well stirred, I don't even think they know.

Please enlighten me.

You've been enlightened.

Last edited:
Ok. Those sound like decent answers but I wish I could go into depth about these issues with Muslims. Too bad, I wonder why Sunni isn't responding to this thread?

Last edited:
Ok. Those sound like decent answers but I wish I could go into depth about these issues with Muslims. Too bad, I wonder why Sunni isn't responding to this thread?

Why?

Because he doesn't know enough about his (supposedly) own religion to be able to answer them correctly, and doesn't want to be known as a hypocrite.

He's hiding.

And.......FWIW........you would probably get a lot farther speaking to someone who has studied Islam, than an actual Muslim, as Muslims generally can't see any farther than their own narrow view. Eventually, it just becomes a circular arguement.

Last edited:

Why?

Because he doesn't know enough about his (supposedly) own religion to be able to answer them correctly, and doesn't want to be known as a hypocrite.

He's hiding.

And.......FWIW........you would probably get a lot farther speaking to someone who has studied Islam, than an actual Muslim, as Muslims generally can't see any farther than their own narrow view. Eventually, it just becomes a circular arguement.

You're probably right, but I don't want to argue against whatever point he might bring up, but rather hear from his own mouth what his interpretation of his religion is.

Why?

He's hiding.

You're probably right, but I don't want to argue against whatever point he might bring up, but rather hear from his own mouth what his interpretation of his religion is.

He praises Hamas as "freedom fighters" do you really expect him to have any answers? He claims firing rockets in to Israel is just a lark. Akin to firing bottle rockets at your neighbors house. He openly defends Hamas use of civilian structures and people to fight from. HE SUPPORTS Terrorism.

It might be interesting to ask Perham what he knows about Islam. I'm not sure if Perham is Muslim, but he lives in Iran, and I would think his knowledge would be invaluable.

Forum List

Back