The truth about Dubbyuh's "War Years"

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<blockquote>Bush has found military readiness to be a handy campaign issue. Yet even though more than two decades have passed since Bush left the Air National Guard, some military sources still bristle at his service record -- and what effect it had on readiness. "In short, for the several hundred thousand dollars we tax payers spent on getting [Bush] trained as a fighter jock, he repaid us with sixty-eight days of active duty. And God only knows if and when he ever flew on those days," concludes a military source. "I've spent more time cleaning up latrines than he did flying."</blockquote>

Dubbyuh's a fraud...and a phony. A demagogue who wraps himself in the flag and brays about the virtues of patriotism...A word he sullies with every utterance.

For the full text, go <a href=http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/3671/view/print>HERE</a>.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Yet even though more than two decades have passed since Bush left the Air National Guard

I believe it's actually about 3 decades now. These dopes have been spouting the same garbage for so long, yet they're too stupid to update their rhetoric.

This for sure will be brought up over and over again! It's about the only thing the LIBS really get off on complaining about!

Originally posted by janeeng
This for sure will be brought up over and over again! It's about the only thing the LIBS really get off on complaining about!

I, for one, want either the truth or falsehood, of these reports verified by the full and unexpurgated release of Dubbyuh's service records. If they're false, I got no problem with that. If they're true, I want him treated like any other deserter in a time of war.

Looks like the proof will be released today.

WASHINGTON - The White House, facing election-year questions about President Bush (news - web sites)'s military service, is releasing pay records and other information intended to support his assertion that he fulfilled his duty as a member of the Air National Guard during the Vietnam war.

The material, to be released Tuesday, was to include annual retirement point summaries and pay records to show that Bush served.

The point summaries were released during the 2000 presidential campaign. "They show that the president fulfilled his duties, and that is why he was honorably discharged," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said Monday.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...20040210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_military_records

Russert: And we are back in the Oval Office talking to the President of the United States.

Mr. President, this campaign is fully engaged. The chairman of the Democratic National Committee, Terence McAuliffe, said this last week: "I look forward to that debate when John Kerry, a war hero with a chest full of medals, is standing next to George Bush, a man who was AWOL in the Alabama National Guard. He didn't show up when he should have showed up…"

President Bush: Yeah.

Russert: How do you respond?

President Bush: Political season is here. I was — I served in the National Guard. I flew F-102 aircraft. I got an honorable discharge. I've heard this — I've heard this ever since I started running for office. I — I put in my time, proudly so.

I would be careful to not denigrate the Guard. It's fine to go after me, which I expect the other side will do. I wouldn't denigrate service to the Guard, though, and the reason I wouldn't, is because there are a lot of really fine people who have served in the National Guard and who are serving in the National Guard today in Iraq.

Russert: The Boston Globe and the Associated Press have gone through some of the records and said there’s no evidence that you reported to duty in Alabama during the summer and fall of 1972.

President Bush: Yeah, they’re — they're just wrong. There may be no evidence, but I did report; otherwise, I wouldn't have been honorably discharged. In other words, you don't just say "I did something" without there being verification. Military doesn't work that way. I got an honorable discharge, and I did show up in Alabama.

Russert: You did — were allowed to leave eight months before your term expired. Was there a reason?

President Bush: Right. Well, I was going to Harvard Business School and worked it out with the military.

Russert: When allegations were made about John McCain or Wesley Clark on their military records, they opened up their entire files. Would you agree to do that?

President Bush: Yeah. Listen, these files — I mean, people have been looking for these files for a long period of time, trust me, and starting in the 1994 campaign for governor. And I can assure you in the year 2000 people were looking for those files as well. Probably you were. And — absolutely. I mean, I —

Russert: But you would allow pay stubs, tax records, anything to show that you were serving during that period?

President Bush: Yeah. If we still have them, but I — you know, the records are kept in Colorado, as I understand, and they scoured the records.

And I'm just telling you, I did my duty, and it's politics, you know, to kind of ascribe all kinds of motives to me. But I have been through it before. I'm used to it. What I don't like is when people say serving in the Guard is — is — may not be a true service.

Russert: But you authorize the release of everything to settle this?

President Bush: Yes, absolutely.

We did so in 2000, by the way.

link

Sounds like Mr. P changed the subject a bit... I thought the question was about his service record, not whether it was a true service to be in the N. guard... didn't he have some DUIs? Or a drug arrest too? Can you become pres. if you have a criminal record? (that last one is a serious question, anybody know the law?)

Originally posted by Scourge
Sounds like Mr. P changed the subject a bit... I thought the question was about his service record, not whether it was a true service to be in the N. guard... didn't he have some DUIs? Or a drug arrest too? Can you become pres. if you have a criminal record? (that last one is a serious question, anybody know the law?)

No drug record, but I do believe he has a DUI. And yes, you can obviously then be president. I forget where and who, but a representative just ran for office a little while back while he was in jail!

but you're my source now... so answer this: What's the highest office a foreign born us citizen can reach? I know its not President, but could one be VP? Or Chief of staff?

Originally posted by Scourge
Can you become pres. if you have a criminal record? (that last one is a serious question, anybody know the law?)
U.S. Constitution - Article II ; Section 1.

Article. II.
Section. 1.
Clause 1: The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Clause 2: Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

Clause 3: The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President. (See Note 8)

Clause 4: The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Clause 5: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Clause 6: In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, (See Note 9) the Same shall devolve on the VicePresident, and the Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Clause 7: The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Clause 8: Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

link

Thanks for the rather long-winded reply. So what is the highest office a non-US born person can reach?
Who is n charge if the pres and VP both die? Speaker of the house? Chief of staff? Ross Perot?

lets think back a couple of years ...we had a pres then that was booed on memorial day cause during nam he was in Russia burning the american flag... As for drugs he admitted to smoking pot( oooo thats right he didnt inhale...LOL) It is very easy to take pot shots at all (or most ) elected officals , so as far as I am concerned it matter to me what they are doing now not 25 yrs ago!!
Jeff

I'm sure this won't silence the beanheads that keep bringing this up, but it's no longer a question in my mind. The pay records may not pinpoint where he was at all times, but I'm quite confident he wasn't being paid to be 'awol'. Follow the link at the end, it has a picture of Bush from the Vietnam days. And no, it isn't of him protesting against his fellow soldiers that were fighting in Vietnam, and no, it wasn't a photo making light of Iwo Jima.

White House Releases Bush Military Record

WASHINGTON - The White House, facing election-year questions about President Bush (news - web sites)'s military service, released pay records Tuesday that it said supported Bush's assertion that he fulfilled his duty as a member of the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War.

Democrats said the documents provided more questions than answers and offered no evidence that Bush ever showed up for duty in Alabama from May to November 1972 while he working on a political campaign there.

Bush was not credited with any service for a five-month period in 1972, from May through September, according to the pay records. He was paid for two days in October and four days in November and none in December. The records do not indicate what duty Bush performed or where he was.

"When you serve, you are paid for that service. These documents outline the days on which he was paid. That means he served. And these documents also show he met his requirements," press secretary Scott McClellan told reporters. "And it's just really a shame that people are continuing to bring this up."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...40210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_military_records_12

Originally posted by Jeff & Laura
lets think back a couple of years ...we had a pres then that was booed on memorial day cause during nam he was in Russia burning the american flag... As for drugs he admitted to smoking pot( oooo thats right he didnt inhale...LOL) It is very easy to take pot shots at all (or most ) elected officals , so as far as I am concerned it matter to me what they are doing now not 25 yrs ago!!
Jeff

But, what they did 25 years ago impacts upon who they are today. Clinton has the morals of a goat. Bush has no morals.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Looks like the proof will be released today.

WASHINGTON - The White House, facing election-year questions about President Bush (news - web sites)'s military service, is releasing pay records and other information intended to support his assertion that he fulfilled his duty as a member of the Air National Guard during the Vietnam war.

The material, to be released Tuesday, was to include annual retirement point summaries and pay records to show that Bush served.

The point summaries were released during the 2000 presidential campaign. "They show that the president fulfilled his duties, and that is why he was honorably discharged," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said Monday.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...20040210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_military_records

Actually, it doesn't. Pay records do not reflect time served. It is only a pay record. If anything, the info raises more questions than ti answers.

Actually, it doesn't. Pay records do not reflect time served. It is only a pay record. If anything, the info raises more questions than ti answers.

All you've done is repeat word for word what the numbskull democratic leaders have said in response. Very sad that you don't have your own words.

Are you stating that the military paid him while he was supposedly 'AWOL'?

He served his time. He was not AWOL. He has produced records to back up his assertions. He was honorably discharged from the military. The dems have offered NOTHING to prove otherwise. You're just going to have to learn to deal with it. This didn't work in 2000 and it's not going to work in 2004.

Wow. You really make me laugh. Will you do my birthday party and make balloon animals?

Forum List

Back