The truth about CO2 and climate change

Now JC, you flap-yap without ever showing your sources of information. There are many, many sources for information concerning the water shortages in the US.

All Around The US, Risks Of A Water Crisis Are Much Bigger Than People Realize

• MAY 22, 2013, 3:58 PM
With about half of the country still suffering from extreme drought, farmers and businesses in the Western United States are looking at another hot, dry summer.

And the country's water risk is a lot worse than most assessments suggest, according to a recent study from the Columbia University Water Center.

Taking into account past patterns of drought and water use, the Columbia study reveals that several major metro areas, including New York City, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, are at high risk for water scarcity, along with the Great Plains agricultural belt extending from North and South Dakota down to North Texas.

waterscarcitymap.5.13.jpg

Read more: America s Water Problem Is Way Worse Than Everybody Thinks - Business Insider

Now why don't you post how that is not a problem?
what is it you need from me as a source? The fact is most of the mumbo jumbo you pop up on the message board is just that, mumbo jumbo. I've told you that over and over. Now what is it you need to see from me? Why Lake Mead is low on water? Dude, it simple, go back to the number of people who used the lake when it was created and look today. I don't need a link, you need to use your stupid head and realize that adding thousands upon thousands of people migrated to the area to use that water therefore, the lake will most likely loose water. Doh, isn't that what is happening? It has very little to do with some drought. Again, I don't need a link to do the math.

It has everything to do with the drought AND the number of people using it. The reduction in the water level at lakes and reservoirs in the west is caused by both, but the drought has made it far worse than it ever could be by the number of people using it alone. And it will get a lot worse before it gets better, if ever.

how did the actions of humans cause the dust bowl of the 1930s?

The dust bowl was caused by local farmers using plows that were unsuited to the soil type. Those plows dug too deeply into the soil, which was then blown away by winds under drought conditions. The result was that the productive soil layer was blown away.

'
Bwahahahahaha. you are totally full of shit. There was a long period of low rainfall. It had nothing to do with fucking plows. Damn, you are one stupid dude.

Yes there was a long period of rainfall. They call it a drought. That is why I mentioned the "drought". it is also true (and you can ask any USDA extension agent about this) that the settlers there, who were primarily from the east and didn't know any better, used conventional plows, which dug too deeply into the shallow soil. And that soil was blown away, making the land useless for growing crops. That is where all the dust came from, dude.

what is it you need from me as a source? The fact is most of the mumbo jumbo you pop up on the message board is just that, mumbo jumbo. I've told you that over and over. Now what is it you need to see from me? Why Lake Mead is low on water? Dude, it simple, go back to the number of people who used the lake when it was created and look today. I don't need a link, you need to use your stupid head and realize that adding thousands upon thousands of people migrated to the area to use that water therefore, the lake will most likely loose water. Doh, isn't that what is happening? It has very little to do with some drought. Again, I don't need a link to do the math.

It has everything to do with the drought AND the number of people using it. The reduction in the water level at lakes and reservoirs in the west is caused by both, but the drought has made it far worse than it ever could be by the number of people using it alone. And it will get a lot worse before it gets better, if ever.

The dust bowl was caused by local farmers using plows that were unsuited to the soil type. Those plows dug too deeply into the soil, which was then blown away by winds under drought conditions. The result was that the productive soil layer was blown away.

'
Bwahahahahaha. you are totally full of shit. There was a long period of low rainfall. It had nothing to do with fucking plows. Damn, you are one stupid dude.

Yes there was a long period of rainfall. They call it a drought. That is why I mentioned the "drought". it is also true (and you can ask any USDA extension agent about this) that the settlers there, who were primarily from the east and didn't know any better, used conventional plows, which dug too deeply into the shallow soil. And that soil was blown away, making the land useless for growing crops. That is where all the dust came from, dude.
where's that article sir? I pulled up many articles and the only thing referenced in any of them was the fact that the grass was plowed under exposing more dirt, cattle grazed and ate the prairie grasses as well exposing soil. 2.5 million people left the area as a result. Nowhere can I find what you wrote, perhaps you could show us the link? :link::link::link:

From the Chicago Tribune

Last edited:

'

where's that article sir? I pulled up many articles and the only thing referenced in any of them was the fact that the grass was plowed under exposing more dirt, cattle grazed and ate the prairie grasses as well exposing soil. 2.5 million people left the area as a result. No where can I find what you wrote, perhaps you could show us the link? :link::link::link:

From the Chicago Tribune

he can't and won't. libs just hate human beings and believe that they are destroying the world.

Thats rich, you guys post graphs covering 20 or 30 years and claim they prove a trend for a planet that is billions of years old----------thats the irony, idiot.

You're ignoring the time element. You can't compare things that happened over tens of thousands to millions of years with what's happened over the last 200.

Oh my the far left/AGW cult once again shows that they do care about real science just pushing their religious agenda.

10TempPast11000Yrs_lg.jpg

It is often reported that the temperature of the earth is higher the past 20 years than it has ever been in history. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been. Hundreds of research studies using ice cores, pollen sedimentation, tree rings, etc. have shown that there were dozens of periods in the past 11,000 years (the Holocene period) that earth's temperature was warmer than it is today. Earth's temperature was very much warmer at least four times during the current interglacial period.
Sorry I don't have time to run through all the posts here, but for some perspective, a few charts graphs to consider;

mpMnRZh.png

6temp.chart.n.co2.jpg

Moving into a closer in time perspective, given humans/homo sapiens appear somewhere between 200-300,000 years ago;

ice_ages2.gif

timeline_ice_ages_456.gif

Forum List

Back