The Trump Debate...Are They Serious?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Do the USMB RWers support this poppy show of a debate slate to be hosted by Trump c/o Newsmax?

Who is Newsmax anyway? They are not only a step down from The FOXNews, but also of Drudge, essentially the hackiest of RW hack job sites.

Here's the breakdown of who's slated to go and who's not.

Attending:
Gingrich
Santorum

Not Attending:
Romney
Paul
Hunstman
Perry
Bachmann

What's your thoughts on this guys, weigh in. Especially the RWers.

The republicans who are not attending are making a mistake by passing up the opportunity for exposure of their ideas.

The big winner will be Rick Santorum who will move up to #2 and sink Romney even further down the line.

How do you figure that skipp?

Neither the host nor the sponsor are credible or serious people.

How do you justify having the Republican candidates kowtow and genuflect to a circus barker that's threatening to run as an Independent?

How does it make the GOP look to attend the equivalent of an Celebrity Rag magazine sponored debate?

Get serious katz.

Last edited:
Do the USMB RWers support this poppy show of a debate slate to be hosted by Trump c/o Newsmax?

Who is Newsmax anyway? They are not only a step down from The FOXNews, but also of Drudge, essentially the hackiest of RW hack job sites.

Attending:
Gingrich
Santorum

Not Attending:
Romney
Paul
Hunstman
Perry
Bachmann

Kind of a telling list there. Trump is a self promoter. A Don King with blond hair. He probably made a media commitment to Fox where he would put together a reality TV show called 'I want to be President!'.

Looks like he was 'Fired'.

Gingrich has his staff scurrying about trying to figure out how to get out of this...

Last edited:

How do you justify having the Republican candidates kowtow and genuflect to a circus barker that's threatening to run as an Independent?

How does it make the GOP look to attend the equivalent of an Celebrity Rag magazine sponored debate?

Get serious katz.

If Romney and the rest don't want their views put out there, it's okay with me if the only one talking is Gingrich and Santorum. The reality is, everyone is going to be watching this debate. Donald Trump is very popular no matter what people say. Rick Santorum is a low man on the candidate totem pole. He will be heard, Romney and the rest won't. Santorum will get a big boost from that.

Rather than cancel the debate, invite a few non candidates and have a round table discussion instead.

Attending:
Gingrich
Santorum

Not Attending:
Romney
Paul
Hunstman
Perry
Bachmann

Comon Marc. This will be a riot! :)

The republicans who are not attending are making a mistake by passing up the opportunity for exposure of their ideas.

The big winner will be Rick Santorum who will move up to #2 and sink Romney even further down the line.

Do you have any idea how many debates they already had? Their idea's are already out there.

Get serious katz.

If Romney and the rest don't want their views put out there, it's okay with me if the only one talking is Gingrich and Santorum. The reality is, everyone is going to be watching this debate. Donald Trump is very popular no matter what people say. Rick Santorum is a low man on the candidate totem pole. He will be heard, Romney and the rest won't. Santorum will get a big boost from that.

Rather than cancel the debate, invite a few non candidates and have a round table discussion instead.

I agree. A roundtable should go down. They should invite Orly Taitz and USArmyretired, Trump and ol Newt. Comedy gold.

Get serious katz.

Ask them if their feelings on if this was the dem side and it was sponsored by Media Matters and hosted by Al Sharpton. (Same exact thing really).

Get serious katz.

Ask them if their feelings on if this was the dem side and it was sponsored by Media Matters and hosted by Al Sharpton. (Same exact thing really).

Especially if it was all democrat candidates.

The democrats already have The View.

Attending:
Gingrich
Santorum

Not Attending:
Romney
Paul
Hunstman
Perry
Bachmann

Indeed it will, but these people have to get serious at some point. No? :lol:

Get serious katz.

You don't get it...do you?

I think this "teabate" is a big time embarrassment to even the Uber Hard RWers of the USMB, hence they are slinking in their deep, dark, dank corners and not commenting.

This thing is a bad, bad look for them.

And you seem to be in FULL ON SUPPORT of it....interesting.

Last edited:

Attending:
Gingrich
Santorum

Not Attending:
Romney
Paul
Hunstman
Perry
Bachmann

Indeed it will, but these people have to get serious at some point. No? :lol:

I wonder if anyone is telling them that.

I don't have a problem with NewsMax being involved.
Trump being the moderator blew me away...
And I don't mean that in a good way...
I thought it was a ridiculous idea for many reasons.

The biggest is the one that Karl Rove expressed.
Why do this when it's possible that Trump may still enter the race.
If Trump had said he is officially out of the running this time I still would have though it a bad idea.
With Trump still a maybe for some stupid reason it is crazy.

Attending:
Gingrich
Santorum

Not Attending:
Romney
Paul
Hunstman
Perry
Bachmann

Newsmax were the people who sold Caribou Barbie's book for $6.97 w/ a subscription to their partisan con rag.

The debates have been Gingrich's highest playing card. Stuck in single digits in the polls for months, each debate has allowed him to move up a few percentage points. After awhile he was moving into double digits and has now surged ahead. He has no fear of gaffes or saying something stupid in the debates. He knows he knows his stuff and he welcomes any opportunity to help people understand him and where he is coming from better. He sees an opportunity to make his case as a positive with little or no negatives attached.

I do wish Newsmax wasn't promoting it not because they can't or won't competently do so but because of the liberal prejudice against Newsmax that we see in the O.P. Of course if it was Huffpost or Salon sponsoring it, we would see the same prejudice expressed from the right.

But if I was a Newt Gingrich, I would relish a Q and A (which is all these debates are anyway) with Donald Trump who won't throw softball questions and will allow the candidates to really get deep into the issues. Gingrich will fare much better in that kind of format than ANY other candidate. Santorum is very brave to join in but then he doesn't have anything to lose at this point and could acquit himself very well. The fact that the others won't risk it suggests to somebody like me that they don't want to go toe to toe with Newt on the hard issues.

And I haven't decided on Newt as my candidate yet either. I just call it as I see it.

Get serious katz.

You don't get it...do you?

I think this "teabate" is a big time embarrassment to even the Uber Hard RWers of the USMB, hence they are slinking in their deep, dark, dank corners and not commenting.

This thing is a bad, bad look for them.

And you seem to be in FULL ON SUPPORT of it....interesting.

Being on The View isn't an embarassment? Leno, Letterman, Ellen, making jokes on Saturday Night Live.

The embarassment train left the station long ago.

Forum List

Back