The True Sign That The Apocolypse Is Upon Us

Holy crap, is someone really paying 14,000 for that? (Note to self get with friend to create dumb stuff to auction)

Jimmyeatworld said:
What the hell....

That can't possibly be real. At least not the current bid. Over $14,000?

You'd be surprised if you knew what people paid for stuff on there.... I can't remember what a lint doll went for..

But and eBay Addict Barbie complete with empty priority mail boxes went for a few thousand just because of the story written to go with it.

The two $14,000.00 bids are probably bogus. They signed up with eBay today. But the $650.00 is probably legit.

I'm carving up a frozen burrito now - trying to make it look like Mother Theresa.

GotZoom said:
The two $14,000.00 bids are probably bogus. They signed up with eBay today. But the $650.00 is probably legit.

I'm carving up a frozen burrito now - trying to make it look like Mother Theresa.

Dude, I don't even think the $650.00 is real. I think that every bid are probably from people who are promoting this...

The thing looks like any 4 year old could carve into toast a picture of mommy and then sell it on E-bay as looking like something else. It is so clearly faked that it becomes comical to think that anybody would spend 650.00 on it.

no1tovote4 said:
Dude, I don't even think the $650.00 is real. I think that every bid are probably from people who are promoting this...

The thing looks like any 4 year old could carve into toast a picture of mommy and then sell it on E-bay as looking like something else. It is so clearly faked that it becomes comical to think that anybody would spend 650.00 on it.

You forget that people actually pay $5000 for a "weapon" for EverQuest, which is nothing but an online game.

no1tovote4 said:

That online gambling place paid for Britney Spear's urine.

P.T. Barnum would be so proud.

Shattered said:
You forget that people actually pay $5000 for a "weapon" for EverQuest, which is nothing but an online game.

Damn! People are stooooopid!

:teeth:

I guess some idiot might just pay 650.00 for a carved up piece of toast.

Shattered said:
You'd be surprised if you knew what people paid for stuff on there.... I can't remember what a lint doll went for..

But and eBay Addict Barbie complete with empty priority mail boxes went for a few thousand just because of the story written to go with it.

I've seen some pretty outragous bids on there, like a $200 bid for a ghost in a jar, but nothing like this before. I had to take a look and found this from the an Atlanta paper.

Song, toast carvings among odd reactions
Staff Reports
Wednesday, May 4, 2005

The saga of runaway bride Jennifer Wilbanks continues to generate reaction --- some of it creative and some just plain wacky. Some examples:

> The eBay bidding for Perry Lonzello's hand-carved piece of toast that allegedly resembles Wilbanks had increased Tuesday to $66. There also were two examples of copycat Wilbanks toast on the Internet marketplace.

> Alternative country artist Jessica Urick has recorded a tongue-in-cheek song called "Leavin' on a Greyhound," sung to the tune of "Leavin' on a Jet Plane," written by John Denver. Urick's version, reportedly played on at least one Atlanta radio station, can be heard at www.logicalaudio.com/MP3/LeavingonGreyhoundMasMix3.mp3.

> Wilbanks and her jilted fiance, John Mason, have been offered a complimentary wedding ceremony by the Virgin Islands resort where they had planned to honeymoon. The offer from the Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort in St. Lucia is said to be good for Mason "with or without Wilbanks."

> A lot of brides get cold feet, says relationship expert and author Barbara Bartlein. She estimates in a news release that one couple in five --- about 500,000 a year --- call off planned weddings. Bartlein said a lot of couples spend more time planning the ceremony than they do discussing their relationship. Says Bartlein: "I also recommend a smaller wedding than 600 people and 14 bridesmaids and 14 groomsmen."

Forum List

Back