The true face of neo-conservatism

The GOP Sen. from Missouri wants to cut back on the rules and regulations of Child Labor Laws

Jane Cunningham thinks child labor laws insult parents | Midwest Voices

The GOP governor of Wisconsin wants to virtually eliminate the collective bargaining rights of workers in his state while making himself sole determiner on cutting salaries and benefits

A 'Dictator' Governor Sets Out to Cut Wages, Slash Benefits and Destroy Public Unions | The Nation

That's right folks! Corporations outsource jobs and want tax breaks to do so, Wall St. gets a bail out for screwing over EVERYONE, but GOPers say that returning to some version Charles Dickens child labor and eliminating workers ability to negotiate their wages and pensions is the solution!

AND WHERE ARE THE TEABAGGERS IN ALL OF THIS?

My Tea bag has been in your mouth, I somehow do not think you wanted everyone to know.

:confused: Obviously Mdn2000 has some serious homosexual issues, and has decided to take out his frustrated fantasies on me. Unfortunately for him, I don't swing that way, and hope that he can find happiness somewhere else.

So lets get this straight (not a reference to your obsession with my tea bag Again, MDN2000 displays classic "transference"...a term psychologist use when a patient cannot acknowledge their own problems onto others), your saying that the Governor is going to eliminate laws so that children can be forced to work for the government.

No, I'm am NOT saying that....I'm am saying that Cunningham's proposal could establish some Dickensian situation where child labor can be exploited by employers with NO gov't oversight or rules to protect them. I said NOTHING about being " forced to work for the government"...MDN2000 needs to brush up on his reading comprehension skills.

The Governor is proposing a change in law to keep the costs of union-state-employees salaries and benifits under control and you somehow equate that to children will be forced to work for the government.

You're confusing and combining what is going on in Wisconsin with Gov. Walker's local legislative proposal as to what is going on with Missouri Senator Cunningham's federal proposal. I strongly suggest you go back and read each link carefully and comprehensively. If you're still don't understand, Mdn2000, get an adult you trust to explain it to you.

The only thing being discussed is government, thats all. Nothing more. At that, how come the actual proposal is not being linked to, you wish to discuss what the reporters tell you to think or what the actual proposal is.

Since MDN2000 has demonstrated his inability to discern two seperate issues have one common denominator (GOP authors), his sudden questioning the validity of the information being sourced is laughable at best. When Mdn2000 gets his act together, then we can proceed with the discussion, as I tire of doing the homework of lazy, dishonest neocon hacks and clowns on these boards.

The GOP Sen. from Missouri wants to cut back on the rules and regulations of Child Labor Laws

The GOP governor of Wisconsin wants to virtually eliminate the collective bargaining rights of workers in his state while making himself sole determiner on cutting salaries and benefits

A 'Dictator' Governor Sets Out to Cut Wages, Slash Benefits and Destroy Public Unions | The Nation

That's right folks! Corporations outsource jobs and want tax breaks to do so, Wall St. gets a bail out for screwing over EVERYONE, but GOPers say that returning to some version Charles Dickens child labor and eliminating workers ability to negotiate their wages and pensions is the solution!

Since I knew that your take on the second link is total bullshit I was pretty sure the first was also. Turns out that there are a couple of points in the article you linked to that I can agree with, and a couple I don't. I would like to see exactly the GOP Senator from Missouri is proposing before i actually make up my mind about what he is saying, but I am still pretty sure you are wrong.

There you have it, folks....this Windbag is clairvoyant...he KNOWS I'm wrong even before he reads the information. And when he does read the information, this Windbag doesn't like all of what he sees, so he ASSUMES that the information is inaccurate or a lie ti sine degree. :cuckoo:

As for your second story, why shouldn't the governor of a state do everything he has to to balance the budget? I know one thing for sure, whenever one side of a debate runs away and hides rather than actually arguing their position, that side is almost always wrong. Since the Democrats in Wisconsin have run away rather than to try and make whatever point they have, and the teachers are taking their students out of class to help them in their protest against the reforms, I can wholeheartedly support the need for them.

:eusa_eh: This Windbag wholeheartedly doesn't know WTF he's talking about, as , the Fiscal Bureau of Wisconsin announced it will end this year with a $123 million surplus. So this Windbag is operating on a false (or willfully ignorant) premise, and confuses protest with "running away".

Would you be happy if the Young Republicans, for example, shut down schools across the state, and took the students on marches to the union representatives homes to protest their pensions and tenure? Personally, i find them bot despicable, but you think the governor is wrong because he wants to shut down a union that endangers students and thinks they are more important than the voters of the state that want the budget fixed.

Hypotheticals based on a false premise are meaningless and not worth responding to. See the above.

Your problem is that you are such a hack you are incapable of seeing that the wave against teachers unions is actually bipartisan. Both sides want this fixed, but you want to keep doing the exact same thing.

A personal attack from a Windbag who announces his bias from the start and then pontificates on incorrect information is a waste of time and space.

On both sides of the aisle, politicians are unhappy with how teachers are compensated, hired and fired, and are eager to introduce reforms. The fiercest opposition to the status quo is coming from fiscally conservative Republicans, who are mixing concerns about their states’ children with the desire to cut spending and shrink the size of government.

They’re pushing against the power that the National Education Association, the American Federation of Teachers and their affiliates have amassed over the course of many decades of political activism and stubborn negotiations in a way that hasn’t been seen since the rise of organized labor in the first half of the 20th century.
What’s remarkable now, however, is how closely some of the Republicans’ complaints mirror those of the Obama administration, whose Race to the Top education initiative includes programs that have long been anathema to the unions, such as merit pay for teachers and giving districts the ability to fire bad teachers.
Obama and Duncan have made clear that their vision for the country’s teachers includes getting tougher on them. “It is time to start rewarding good teachers and stop making excuses for bad ones,” the president said shortly after taking office.

The politics of education upended - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

The politics of education upended - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Why is it that when neocon Windbags can't get past the FACTS that prove them wrong, they start repeating moot points and mix them with their supposition and conjecture and try to segway from the initial point? This is an old neocon dodge that wore thin when Rove beat it to death during the Shrub's campaign's.

Bottom line: unions cannot bargain regarding benefits, but the bargainer cannot pay union dues, union members can only get COLA raises, and they have an increase of paying into their pension and healthcare. Look it up yourself, because it sure is a strange way to react to a surplus.

There you have it, folks....this Windbag is clairvoyant...he KNOWS I'm wrong even before he reads the information. And when he does read the information, this Windbag doesn't like all of what he sees, so he ASSUMES that the information is inaccurate or a lie ti sine degree. :cuckoo:

No.

I knew you were wrong about the second post because I knew the details before and your take on it was completely off base. That, coupled with your record, led me to think you were probably wrong about the first port also.

Turns out I was right.

:eusa_eh: This Windbag wholeheartedly doesn't know WTF he's talking about, as , the Fiscal Bureau of Wisconsin announced it will end this year with a $123 million surplus. So this Windbag is operating on a false (or willfully ignorant) premise, and confuses protest with "running away".

You really should read the actual reports rather than trust blogs. That $123 million was a projection that assumed higher revenues, and included all the money in the state reserve fund and the projected cuts proposed by the governor. Regardless, that does not the explain away the fact that the Democrats ran away rather than doing their jobs.

Hypotheticals based on a false premise are meaningless and not worth responding to. See the above.

How ironic.

A personal attack from a Windbag who announces his bias from the start and then pontificates on incorrect information is a waste of time and space.

See above.

Why is it that when neocon Windbags can't get past the FACTS that prove them wrong, they start repeating moot points and mix them with their supposition and conjecture and try to segway from the initial point? This is an old neocon dodge that wore thin when Rove beat it to death during the Shrub's campaign's.

I am a neocon? Is everyone who disagrees with you a neocon, of just the ones who are smarter than you?

Bottom line: unions cannot bargain regarding benefits, but the bargainer cannot pay union dues, union members can only get COLA raises, and they have an increase of paying into their pension and healthcare. Look it up yourself, because it sure is a strange way to react to a surplus.

It is strange to look at a looming financial disaster and try to take steps to avoid it? Or do you think every cent of any surplus the government has should be used to pay off unions?

No.

I knew you were wrong about the second post because I knew the details before and your take on it was completely off base. That, coupled with your record, led me to think you were probably wrong about the first port also.

Turns out I was right.

Turns out you're just a Quantum Windbag, because in the previous post you demonstrated IGNORANCE regarding the financial situation in Wisconsin...and that was of what little substance from my post you were willing to discuss. So once again, you live up to your screen name.

You really should read the actual reports rather than trust blogs. That $123 million was a projection that assumed higher revenues, and included all the money in the state reserve fund and the projected cuts proposed by the governor. Regardless, that does not the explain away the fact that the Democrats ran away rather than doing their jobs.

Quote: Originally Posted by taichiliberal

How ironic.

What's ironic is how the Quantum Windbag looks at half of the story and then assumes everyone will just accept his conclusion. The $123 million surplus (more accurately $121 million) is based essentially on a reduction in debt service payments. The problems come with about $160 mil in Medicaid bills, $58 mil owed to Minnesota, and an estimated $200 mil for malpractice claims from a few years back. Futz around with the numbers and you come up around $217 mil for the immediate debt (yes, it's all estimates, but when you include more information, things are not as Walker and the GOP would have you believe). What Walker wants everyone not to notice that he gave $117 mil in tax break to business in his first few months in office.....not a smart thing to do in a fiscal crisis.

Quote: Originally Posted by taichiliberal

See above.

Likewise.

I am a neocon? Is everyone who disagrees with you a neocon, of just the ones who are smarter than you?

You're a Quantum Windbag by your own admission....and a neocon by parroting their rhetoric and pathetic debating styles. To date, none have been able to best me in an honest debate based on ALL the facts and the logic derived from them....present company included.

It is strange to look at a looming financial disaster and try to take steps to avoid it? Nope. So banning people from the table who can HELP to alleviate the situation doesn't make sense either, as the review of Walker's proposal demonstrates. Or do you think every cent of any surplus the government has should be used to pay off unions?

And who stated that? Not the unions, who's reps have stated that they are willing to negotiate cuts and reductions to help solve the problem. But Walker and neocon parrots such as yourself seem hell bent on promoting half truths, supposition and conjecture in leiu of all the information available. But YOU just keep parroting the neocon GOP lines, you Windbag.

So after a damn good portion of the State union workers (joined by non-union folk) mass in protest of Gov. Walker's union busting BS, the Teabaggers are being called into action via Dick Armey and the Koch brothers. Yep, let's counter those local masses by bussing in (once again) the Astroturf troops to defend the neocon ideological realm.

But the devil is in the details: The State's Fiscal Bureau stated that they'll end the year in a $121 million surplus....COUNTER TO WALKER'S DOOMSDAY SCENARIO. Also, one has to question Walker's sincerity when he gave $117 million in tax breaks to businesses. But hey, let's not even give the unions the chance to negotiate on the situation...let's just take more of their money and move on.

I wonder do the teabaggers on those FreedomWorks buses realize that their just union-busting backers for the Koch brothers (who have about 17 industrial businesses in Wisconsin)? Or do they care?

Wisconsin has inadvertently become a test case for the true face of the neocon agenda....and the schedule may have to be revised!

Interesting times.

Once again folks, when faced with the FACTS, neocon parrots/birthers/oathers/teabaggers/Libertarians and the like just babble like idiots while dodging the issue.

Bring something of substance to the table and maybe you'd get some intelligent responses.

Huge YAWN from here in Texas

***YAWN***

the governor adds in 140 million of deals to the corps that backed his election then requests 140 million taken from unions.. shocking

The true face of neo-conservatism

I think they're still tryin' to figure-out what happened to The DICK; Armey.

judgment_day_terror.jpg

Um...what does any of this have to do with neoconservatism?

Also, Teabaggers are for less government and everything you're calling on them to protest for more government.

You need to actually learn what people's positions are and not just throw around labels.

Little Boy Blu Gave me a neg rep and called me an Idiot for saying I wont turn to a liberal for information on what Conservatism is.

LOL

still a fucktard.

Willful ignorance is not a defense, Chucky. If you're too much of an intellectual coward to discuss the FACTS, then don't post. If you can't disprove or refute the information in the links I provide, then don't whine like a little neocon bitch or blow smoke, as it's a waste of your time and mine.

Straight to the name calling I see. If you can't take it, Chucky, don't dish it out....or did you think that your condescending attitude would go unanswered? My statement stands....as you will unwittingly validate it here.

I am not willing to discuss anything with you sir. No shit sherlock, I just said as much previously. Yet here you are, Chucky....whining like a little neocon bitch and blowing smoke because Cunningham and Walker have exposed the heinous, callous mindset of the neocon social/political agenda for all to see....and YOU can't defend it without looking foolish.

Posters such as yourself. On Both sides of the political Spectrum. Make post not looking for debate, but for a place to fling insults around, and show us how big you think your cock is.

More smoke from Chucky, folks. To date he CANNOT OR WILL NOT DISCUSS the contents of the opening post of this thread. Instead, Chucky does the neocon shuffle and attacks the poster. What an intellectualy dishonest coward Chucky is (also, Chucky seems to have some latent homosexual angst that he should see a therapist about).

I'll save my time for People who are actually looking for a debate.

So Chucky waste time and effort to tell us that my posts are not worth time and effort to debate...just to waste time and effort to make childish mocking at. Somebody get Chucky some therapy ASAP!

Besides From your posts I have read. I suspect you have no idea what Conservative, or Neo-Conservative means, and you certainly have no idea who I am. I have been a fiscal Conservative who leans liberal on Social Issues my entire life. Even before lefties like yourself latched onto the word Neo-Con because you hoped it would bring back memories of Neo-Nazi :)

So once again, folks....note that Chucky waste a lot of time and space to personally attack me, but he doesn't have the brains or the courage to actually debate the issue at hand.....typical dishonest neocon coward, our Chucky.

Looks like MR I type in Red has struck again, and said nothing once again.

How was I personally attacking you other than saying you are not looking for a real Debate. I see no attacks.

Grow a set kid.

The kansas city link does not worky.

"conservatives" serve corporations very well.
I am not sure why, it must be wanting to run with the big dogs mentality or something.
I much prefer to follow my own nose.

You might follow your own nose, but you talk out of your own ass.

Straight to the name calling I see. If you can't take it, Chucky, don't dish it out....or did you think that your condescending attitude would go unanswered? My statement stands....as you will unwittingly validate it here.

I am not willing to discuss anything with you sir. No shit sherlock, I just said as much previously. Yet here you are, Chucky....whining like a little neocon bitch and blowing smoke because Cunningham and Walker have exposed the heinous, callous mindset of the neocon social/political agenda for all to see....and YOU can't defend it without looking foolish.

Posters such as yourself. On Both sides of the political Spectrum. Make post not looking for debate, but for a place to fling insults around, and show us how big you think your cock is.

More smoke from Chucky, folks. To date he CANNOT OR WILL NOT DISCUSS the contents of the opening post of this thread. Instead, Chucky does the neocon shuffle and attacks the poster. What an intellectualy dishonest coward Chucky is (also, Chucky seems to have some latent homosexual angst that he should see a therapist about).

So Chucky waste time and effort to tell us that my posts are not worth time and effort to debate...just to waste time and effort to make childish mocking at. Somebody get Chucky some therapy ASAP!

Besides From your posts I have read. I suspect you have no idea what Conservative, or Neo-Conservative means, and you certainly have no idea who I am. I have been a fiscal Conservative who leans liberal on Social Issues my entire life. Even before lefties like yourself latched onto the word Neo-Con because you hoped it would bring back memories of Neo-Nazi :)

So once again, folks....note that Chucky waste a lot of time and space to personally attack me, but he doesn't have the brains or the courage to actually debate the issue at hand.....typical dishonest neocon coward, our Chucky.

How was I personally attacking you other than saying you are not looking for a real Debate. I see no attacks.

Grow a set kid.

He clearly doesn't know how to multi quote a post. :lol:

No.

Turns out I was right.

Turns out you're just a Quantum Windbag, because in the previous post you demonstrated IGNORANCE regarding the financial situation in Wisconsin...and that was of what little substance from my post you were willing to discuss. So once again, you live up to your screen name.

How ironic.

What's ironic is how the Quantum Windbag looks at half of the story and then assumes everyone will just accept his conclusion. The $123 million surplus (more accurately $121 million) is based essentially on a reduction in debt service payments. The problems come with about $160 mil in Medicaid bills, $58 mil owed to Minnesota, and an estimated $200 mil for malpractice claims from a few years back. Futz around with the numbers and you come up around $217 mil for the immediate debt (yes, it's all estimates, but when you include more information, things are not as Walker and the GOP would have you believe). What Walker wants everyone not to notice that he gave $117 mil in tax break to business in his first few months in office.....not a smart thing to do in a fiscal crisis.

See above.

Likewise.

You're a Quantum Windbag by your own admission....and a neocon by parroting their rhetoric and pathetic debating styles. To date, none have been able to best me in an honest debate based on ALL the facts and the logic derived from them....present company included.

It is strange to look at a looming financial disaster and try to take steps to avoid it? Nope. So banning people from the table who can HELP to alleviate the situation doesn't make sense either, as the review of Walker's proposal demonstrates. Or do you think every cent of any surplus the government has should be used to pay off unions?

And who stated that? Not the unions, who's reps have stated that they are willing to negotiate cuts and reductions to help solve the problem. But Walker and neocon parrots such as yourself seem hell bent on promoting half truths, supposition and conjecture in leiu of all the information available. But YOU just keep parroting the neocon GOP lines, you Windbag.

Tell you what, if you want to discuss this with me start following the board rules and stop modifying my quotes. do it again and I will make a point to the mods about you doing it.

the governor adds in 140 million of deals to the corps that backed his election then requests 140 million taken from unions.. shocking

So, basically, he's done exactly what Obama did. Ok. So? It was ok for Obama but not for Governors?

Idiot.

They could get everyone working in the house, not just both spouses in order to make ends meet. In the past, it was just 1 person needed to make ends meet. You'll hear soon how lazy kids are and they should be working from the age of 4 to support these monsters.

I started working when I was 13, and I worked before that on our farm. At 13 I was working 6 hour days during the summer on tobbaco farms. I have no idea how other kids felt, but I loved having money to buy my computer, and later my first truck.

Once agan for the cheap seats.....different font colors help to seperate responses from original posts. Seems Chucky can't stand toe to toe in an honest debate on the FACTS, so he tries to make an issue out of some non-existent picayune point.

Grow a set kid.

Poor Chucky...spends time and effort to tell me that my posts are not worth the time and effort to respond to. :confused: Chucky has issues, folks....as the chronology of the posts shows, Chuck is just pissed that he can't disprove or discredit the opening posts of this thread, or my subsequent responses. Now Chucky has gone off the deep end, pretending that he didn't initiate ill will with his opening condescending remarks.

Seems not only can't Chucky honestly debate, but he can't take what he dishes out. Poor Chucky. :razz:

Grow a set kid.

He clearly doesn't know how to multi quote a post. :lol:

Pay attention, you California dumb Girl.....If my response is the last one on the post, it means that I did "multi-quote"....I personally prefer directly and immediately responding to paragraphs and sentences, hence the font color difference. If this is all you and the other neocon numbskull have to gripe about, then it's yet another clear indication that YOU can't debate worth a damn.

No.

Turns out I was right.

How ironic.

See above.

Likewise.

Tell you what, if you want to discuss this with me start following the board rules and stop modifying my quotes. do it again and I will make a point to the mods about you doing it.

You're a liar and an intellectual coward. The chronology of the posts shows that I did NOT edit or alter your posts contents in any shape, form or manner. All I did was enter my responses IMMEDIATELY behind yours USING DIFFERENT COLORED FONT to seperate your statements form mine. An 8th grader can see that.

Bottom line: you're just a pathetic neocon Quantum Windbag who can't logically or factually defend/support your position on this particular subject, and rather show some maturity and just admitting error, you threaten to lie to the moderators about me. Grow the hell up Windbag, will ya?

Forum List

Back