The TRUE cost of ousting Gaddafi

Well if we haven't learned anything over the last 50 years--is you don't hand over weapons to ANYONE in the middle east without those weapons ending up being pointed at us one day.

We do not know who these people are--and just judging how they treated Quadfy's body--they look pretty extreme to me.

and so what weapons were those that were pointed at us? Our own airplanes? Seems a sorry state that they cannot come up with their own, Just use our own weaknesses against us. Who needs 10000 rockets. Now are you accusing the current revolutionaries of giving a shit about America? Seems they have plenty else to think about. Come to think of it. This is a very lame thread that lacks any backbone or merit to it.

I'm not one to neg people. Your making it really hard so I'm just gonna end on this instead of going that route.....

Fuck you

Well that was more respectable. We can agree to disagree. At any rate I think we get too involved in every one elses business. If others were so involved in ours we would be tempted to attack them too? We are sovereign. Let others be so too.

My point is we have NO IDEA what the true cost in lives and money will be. Has everyone forgotten that we armed and empowered UBL?
Can't argue with obvious facts.

We did transfer hundreds of Stinger missiles to the Mujahideen to help them defeat the Russians, which they eventually did. But I'm sure they didn't conscientiously return any unused missiles to us. Now the Mujahideen is called Al Qaeda and Taliban and about a month ago a helicopter carrying the Navy's Seal Team Six was brought down killing them all. And the discussion about what caused it quickly dissipated and is virtually forgotten.

How can you say such shit after what Bush did?

I know Bush sucks but this is independent of him, nor is it directly Obamas fault. Look most of the sane people would admit he was a horrible president, however, that doesn't mean we can give everybody a pass on everything else.

It's frustrating if we aren't arming our enemies we are looking the other way while they steal them.

I wonder why we even dealt with this. So what Kadafi is gone, Lockerbie sucked, but that was 20 years ago. He completely changed up and wanted to be accepted by the west. We should let him keep a lid on Libya, now the inmates will run the asylum like their buddies in Egypt.

My point is we have NO IDEA what the true cost in lives and money will be. Has everyone forgotten that we armed and empowered UBL?
Can't argue with obvious facts.

We did transfer hundreds of Stinger missiles to the Mujahideen to help them defeat the Russians, which they eventually did. But I'm sure they didn't conscientiously return any unused missiles to us. Now the Mujahideen is called Al Qaeda and Taliban and about a month ago a helicopter carrying the Navy's Seal Team Six was brought down killing them all. And the discussion about what caused it quickly dissipated and is virtually forgotten.

Yea you know a lot of things were odd about that. Like why were they even in a Chinook?

I'm a little bit of a conspiracy theorist when it comes down to Seal Team 6 and killing Bin Laden too much stuff doesn't add up.

There are reports that between 20000 and 35000 shoulder fired surface to air rockets are missing. Many have been reported to have already appeared on the black markets.

Yes we spent very little money and lost no lives. "BUT" those weapons have yet had a chance to get into the wrong hands (we hope)

Soldiers of our armed forces are trained to face and secure such dangers. As it stands be you for this mission or not we had NO PLAN to deal with the possible end results. I hate to see any American life lost but at the rate we are going it may well end up being possibly thousands of innocent lives rather than hundreds of soldiers (who are paid and trained to face such risks)

This leading from behind without a thought about future outcomes is far more dangerous than most of you are willing to admit.

Thousands of rockets possibly equal how many airliners shot out of the sky?

Sounds like Hannity. Let's find the next fear mongering target to exploit. Geez. leave them the F alone and maybe they will leave us alone.

Like say don't get involved in revolutions... this statement is so ignorant of how both the left and right have gone about foreign policy over the past 40 years.

Who gives a crap about Libya?

Don;t we have enough to concern ourselves in this country. Y'all wanted Ghaddafi gone, so it is. Now you want to go on and find what may be the next skelelton in the closet...please spare us all.

My concerns aren't for Lybia. Try exercising some reading comprehension.

Why concern ourselves with it at all? It is none of our damned business. Ghaddafi dead..Ghaddafi alive. it makes no nevermind. We need to focus on America. The rest is spin and distraction

Right, just ignore whatever you don't like. You are an idiot, NATO weapons are missing who cares?

If we would of adopted this policy from the get go nobody would be bringing this up now. You are saying it to the wrong people at the wrong time. I get maybe you were opposed but so are a lot of the people who are being critical of it, its not quite, but its almost like told you so. Just wait, it'll be great a real Utopia like Egypt.

How can you say such shit after what Bush did?

Maybe because despite all the dire predictions you made about Iraq, we did what we set out to do at the end of the day.

Libya, who knows that's going to end up. Frankly, the people who won are probably going to be worse than Khadafy.

That's certainly a possibility. Not withstanding Egypt may turn very ugly for us also once they are done fighting amongst themselves. I predict rocky roads ahead.

Forum List

Back