The True Conservative Republican

Money doesn't define freedom. Privilege doesn't define politics.

The Wall Street dissenters have only proven their stupidity and valdated the topsy-turvy world of the Left.

Im sorry but this is bullshit.

Money does define freedom. Money is freedom in this country. With enough money you can get by with murder via just exhausting the court system. You can do anything if you can pay for it. If your poor the only freedom you have is to go to work tomorow.

Privilege does define politics. This isnt even a republic anymore, its Oligarchy. Its rule by the few. The few being large corporations and extremely wealthy individuals. Everyone knows this.

Then you label the wall street dissenters as leftists, which agian is not true. The only official demand they have made where they ask for any money or 'assistance' is the demand to forgive all student loans and overheal the education system. Which is a debatable argument, but agian, how will it be paid for.

The rest of the official demands are all an end of corruption and corporate influence over government. Which is a American issue, not a ideological issue.

Oh its there...You just are not sharp enough to realize it.

Would you like your hand held? Or can you manage to go back through the thread without assistance?

QFT

The Republican party was taken over by the Religious Right and afterwards it just kind of went to shit. Then the old Republicans became Blue Dogs.........as if. The Democrats began to resemble the old Republicans. Don't get me wrong. I am not enamored with the Democrats. In fact, I am quite disgusted with many of them. I'm a registered Independent for a reason.

John Paul Stevens was a conservative. One of the last great conservatives. Once upon a time you would listen or read conservatives points on any given issue and you could follow that thought process. It was well thought out. You don't have that anymore. I take that back. There are a few people that label themselves as conservatives that are capable of thought provoking debate. Unfortunately, they aren't elected and aren't running for election.

In order for the Republicans to really get back into gear they are going to have to drop the religious right and they are going to have to stop allowing the American Legal Exchange Council to write legislation.

You are delusional.....................

I stopped after your first words of being taken over by the religious right.

That is bullshit. If that were truly the case, they would not get much support from me.

But go ahead and post move ons opinions, I need a laugh....................

Have it your way.

When you are ready to put your crack pipe down, then I will pay attention to you.

Money doesn't define freedom. Privilege doesn't define politics.

The Wall Street dissenters have only proven their stupidity and valdated the topsy-turvy world of the Left.

LOL, suggesting the protest is stupid is partisan hackery. Using "the left" as homoplasy is the epitome of ignorance. The left, or left of center leaning individuals are of different forms and different structures. Some moderate, some extreme and even some on the idiot fringe, so far left they take on the opinions of the far right.

So did you lecture the left when they were mocking the TPM protesters??

LOL, suggesting the protest is stupid is partisan hackery. Using "the left" as homoplasy is the epitome of ignorance. The left, or left of center leaning individuals are of different forms and different structures. Some moderate, some extreme and even some on the idiot fringe, so far left they take on the opinions of the far right.

So did you lecture the left when they were mocking the TPM protesters??

did you?

Hey fucktard, was I asking you?? I'm not the one who made the comment in bold, asswipe.:lol:

If anyone is seriously interested in proof of where America has landed and continues to land under republican policies I'd suggest reading some history of the last century.

For political wonks check out Dean Baker's work. Beat the Press

The myth that republicans want small government is proven a lie by all republican administrations since and including Reagan. Why is this myth still believed. The Conservative Nanny State

EXCELLENT piece, corporate power is outlined here: Citizens united Democracy after Citizens United | MIT World

Good people fight back against the failure of the republicans: The End of Loser Liberalism: Making Markets Progressive

"Baker predicts a recession this year because of the housing bubble. Lets see how accurate he is. I'm betting on Baker. Don't bank on the Wall Street guys, they seem more interested in protecting their clients than getting you truth." from amaz review 2007 CEPR

And the stats to prove republican failure: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/United-States-since-World-Since/dp/0521677556/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: The United States since 1980 (The World Since 1980) (9780521677554): Dean Baker: Books[/ame]

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim Phillips-Fein: Books[/ame]

Last edited:
The Wall Street dissenters prove again the hypocrisy and phoniness of republicans, conservatives, and libertarians and all blends of each ideological tag. Freedom only means freedom for markets and for corporate exploitation, when people are free, the conservative republican demeans them. Bailing out the poor is wrong, but as the last conservative republican administration and the current congress demonstrate, bailing out the rich with tax incentives is just lovely.

The republican debate audience and candidates demonstrated their rigid ideological stance, their lack of tolerance, and their heartlessness. The good part of this presentation of the real republican is the American people see them for who they really are. Freedom only means freedom for the privileged few in the republican party.

Just to be clear, Conservatives were not crazy about any bail out. Also, while there were some monies applied to the bail outs of large banks under Bush, much more money has been squandered by the Big 0 on his boodoggles of green energy and the various bail outs of his crony capitalism ventures.

Please recall that Bush's Administartion used 350 billion to stabalize the finance industry which is being paid back or has been paid back.

The Big 0 and his cronies have racked up another 5 Trillion of debt paying off their constituents. This beyond the 350 billion that the Big 0 was bequesthed by Bush to spend on his half of the TARP.

What exactly are you recomending be the policies of the USA? Anything like those listed below?

Please note that there is a whole lot of taking asked for and no giving at all. Ask not what your country can do for you, just give it all to me me me. It's always the same old song and you sing it so well.

Check point 11. That one takes the cake.

Proposed List Of Demands For Occupy Wall St Movement! | OccupyWallSt.org Forum

Proposed List Of Demands For Occupy Wall St Movement! (User Submitted)
Posted Sept. 25, 2011, 3:46 p.m. EST (13 days ago) by anonymous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests,

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign Lloyd J Hart 508-687-9153

The OWS protests have deep roots. It wasn't just young people out there. A great many middle class unemployed are finally finding their voice.

We are seeing exactly the same thing in the present time of economic distress as we saw in the Great Depression. The 'Conservatives' are blaming the working people because they are unemployed. They use words like 'shiftless', 'lazy', and 'unintelligent', to describe those who are desperately looking for work. The 'Conservatives' demean the efforts of any to alleviate the damage that the present economics are doing to the American family.

FDR Chat 6

Demoralization caused by vast unemployment is our greatest extravagance. Morally, it is the greatest menace to our social order. Some people try to tell me that we must make up our minds that for the future we shall permanently have millions of unemployed just as other countries have had them for over a decade. What may be necessary for those countries is not my responsibility to determine. But as for this country, I stand or fall by my refusal to accept as a necessary condition of our future a permanent army of unemployed. On the contrary, we must make it a national principle that we will not tolerate a large army of unemployed and that we will arrange our national economy to end our present unemployment as soon as we can and then to take wise measures against its return. I do not want to think that it is the destiny of any American to remain permanently on relief rolls.

The Wall Street dissenters prove again the hypocrisy and phoniness of republicans, conservatives, and libertarians and all blends of each ideological tag. Freedom only means freedom for markets and for corporate exploitation, when people are free, the conservative republican demeans them. Bailing out the poor is wrong, but as the last conservative republican administration and the current congress demonstrate, bailing out the rich with tax incentives is just lovely.

The republican debate audience and candidates demonstrated their rigid ideological stance, their lack of tolerance, and their heartlessness. The good part of this presentation of the real republican is the American people see them for who they really are. Freedom only means freedom for the privileged few in the republican party.

Just to be clear, Conservatives were not crazy about any bail out. Also, while there were some monies applied to the bail outs of large banks under Bush, much more money has been squandered by the Big 0 on his boodoggles of green energy and the various bail outs of his crony capitalism ventures.

Please recall that Bush's Administartion used 350 billion to stabalize the finance industry which is being paid back or has been paid back.

The Big 0 and his cronies have racked up another 5 Trillion of debt paying off their constituents. This beyond the 350 billion that the Big 0 was bequesthed by Bush to spend on his half of the TARP.

What exactly are you recomending be the policies of the USA? Anything like those listed below?

Please note that there is a whole lot of taking asked for and no giving at all. Ask not what your country can do for you, just give it all to me me me. It's always the same old song and you sing it so well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign Lloyd J Hart 508-687-9153

What a bullshit liar you are, Code. You know damned well that there is no 'core' demands by the OWS people. In fact, the primary target of the protests is simply the injustice and inequety that now permeates our system.

While there are points on that list that I agree with, it represents only the person that wrote it.

What a bullshit liar you are, Code. You know damned well that there is no 'core' demands by the OWS people. In fact, the primary target of the protests is simply the injustice and inequety that now permeates our system.

While there are points on that list that I agree with, it represents only the person that wrote it.

then what is the damn purpose? Oh thats right let the government walk and send them more money, they will fix everything

Are you surprised?

When you understand what conservatism is, every argument they make leads to the same end.

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

When you understand this and view their words, ask the question; will this lead to some form of an aristocracy?

The answer is always YES...

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone

Don't bother with quotes of the distant past. In today's political world, rule by the aristocracy is a Liberal goal.

TODAY'S Liberalism and Leftism is the centralization of power away from the governed with the expressed belief that a powerful central government is the solution to the problems of the day.

TODAY'S Conservatism is a dispersal of power away from a central government to the lowest levels of authority at which an effective job can be done. Conservatives distrust a strong and remote government in exactly the same way that the Founders did.

This is what has caused the debates about Perry's vision of control of Social Security at the stae level instead of Federal.

You apparently hold dear the Conservative principles of power to the people and yet cannot free yourself of the dogmatic adherance to your belief that Liberals are good and Conservatives are bad. A Liberal wants to control you for your own good while a Conservative simply wants you the Hell out of his life. As an equal exchange, he will stay the Hell out of yours.

You are dangerous because you support views that are actively undermined by those you endorse. You are passionate and stupid. Give it some thought and you might figure it out.

Money doesn't define freedom.

No, but it sure in hell enhances it.

Privilege doesn't define politics.

Not sure what that means, so I think you must be right.

Were I KING of that protest it would be targeting the bad boys on WS rather than the whole community.

After all, WS took plenty of lumps thanks to these guys, too.

Someday you may learn to be honest with Yourself.

The opinion expressed by midcan is his honest opinion, punctuated with some evidence which you may dispute, but seems to me to be accurate and sans the hyperbole in much of what is posted on this message board.

Your response, and those of the other Conservatives above are ad hominem attacks framed with opinion(s) sans examples or evidence. His point on freedom is pretty clear, the hypocrisy on the essence of liberty from the right is blatant.

I'm not sure what you are seeing in that stement by M...

He produced no examples and only his personal opinions tacked onto a reference to the debates.

Conservatism, to me, means that one is bound to execute the acts of responsibility and, only by the wise execution of these acts, gains personal freedoms.

So, if mommy and daddy provide all your money, you are obliged to jump through their hoops to get it. You'rew not free.

If you get a job and jump through the hoops of your employer, then mommy and daddy don't get to call your tune, they just have to pay the bill when your beer drinking and sloth don't allow the extra to pay for the car repair that's needed and you beg for help.

"Freedom" to a Liberal, means that a person can act a free agent and that somebody else needs to pay the piper. "Freedom", to a Conservative, means that if a person can pay his own way, then he should not be subject ot the control of others.

See the difference? A Liberal thinks Freedom is free. A Conservative knows that Freedom is a result of work and that the choice to be free is the choice to work to maintain freedom.

This is why Liberals are laughable.

The OWS protests have deep roots. It wasn't just young people out there. A great many middle class unemployed are finally finding their voice.

We are seeing exactly the same thing in the present time of economic distress as we saw in the Great Depression. The 'Conservatives' are blaming the working people because they are unemployed. They use words like 'shiftless', 'lazy', and 'unintelligent', to describe those who are desperately looking for work. The 'Conservatives' demean the efforts of any to alleviate the damage that the present economics are doing to the American family.

FDR Chat 6

Demoralization caused by vast unemployment is our greatest extravagance. Morally, it is the greatest menace to our social order. Some people try to tell me that we must make up our minds that for the future we shall permanently have millions of unemployed just as other countries have had them for over a decade. What may be necessary for those countries is not my responsibility to determine. But as for this country, I stand or fall by my refusal to accept as a necessary condition of our future a permanent army of unemployed. On the contrary, we must make it a national principle that we will not tolerate a large army of unemployed and that we will arrange our national economy to end our present unemployment as soon as we can and then to take wise measures against its return. I do not want to think that it is the destiny of any American to remain permanently on relief rolls.

FDR had a great way of turning a phrase, didn't he? He maintained the 10% unemployment rate right up to the start of the war and continuously warnined that if he was opposed, it would be worse.

Then he embraced Uncle Joe and carved up the world into colonial spheres of influence. It was his work that created the stage for the Cold War to be fought and his work that held the Depression in place.

If not for WW2, we'd all be working in CCC Camps today.

FDR was not a success in creating the environment for a good economy to blossom.

Year Population Labor
Force Unemployed Percentage of
Labor Force
1929 88,010,000 49,440,000 1,550,000 3.14
1930 89,550,000 50,080,000 4,340,000 8.67
1931 90,710,000 50,680,000 8,020,000 15.82
1932 91,810,000 51,250,000 12,060,000 23.53
1933 92,950,000 51,840,000 12,830,000 24.75
1934 94,190,000 52,490,000 11,340,000 21.60
1935 95,460,000 53,140,000 10,610,000 19.97
1936 96,700,000 53,740,000 9,030,000 16.80
1937 97,870,000 54,320,000 7,700,000 14.18
1938 99,120,000 54,950,000 10,390,000 18.91
1939 100,360,000 55,600,000 9,480,000 17.05
1940 101,560,000 56,180,000 8,120,000 14.45

1941 102,700,000 57,530,000 5,560,000 9.66

Last edited:

Please be specific. What is the injustice and inequities you refer to? What are the pooints with which you agree?

From the linked site:

Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands.

Please be specific. What is the injustice and inequities you refer to? What are the pooints with which you agree?

The injustice that says he has to get off his ass and work to solve the inequity that his decisions led to.

Are you surprised?

When you understand what conservatism is, every argument they make leads to the same end.

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

When you understand this and view their words, ask the question; will this lead to some form of an aristocracy?

The answer is always YES...

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone

Don't bother with quotes of the distant past. In today's political world, rule by the aristocracy is a Liberal goal.

TODAY'S Liberalism and Leftism is the centralization of power away from the governed with the expressed belief that a powerful central government is the solution to the problems of the day.

TODAY'S Conservatism is a dispersal of power away from a central government to the lowest levels of authority at which an effective job can be done. Conservatives distrust a strong and remote government in exactly the same way that the Founders did.

This is what has caused the debates about Perry's vision of control of Social Security at the stae level instead of Federal.

You apparently hold dear the Conservative principles of power to the people and yet cannot free yourself of the dogmatic adherance to your belief that Liberals are good and Conservatives are bad. A Liberal wants to control you for your own good while a Conservative simply wants you the Hell out of his life. As an equal exchange, he will stay the Hell out of yours.

You are dangerous because you support views that are actively undermined by those you endorse. You are passionate and stupid. Give it some thought and you might figure it out.

How do you right wingers make it across the street only looking one way? Yea, you want government to get out of the way so the aristocracy can run roughshod over the masses.

Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican, said that America would never be destroyed by a foreign power but he warned that our political institutions, our democratic institutions, would be subverted by malefactors of great wealth, who would erode them from within. Dwight Eisenhower, another Republican, in his most famous speech, warned America against domination by the military industrial complex.

Abraham Lincoln, the greatest Republican in our history, said during the height of the Civil War "I have the South in front of me and I have the bankers behind me. And for my country, I fear the bankers more." Franklin Roosevelt said during World War II that the domination of government by corporate power is "the essence of fascism" and Benito Mussolini -- who had an insider's view of that process -- said the same thing. Essentially, he complained that fascism should not be called fascism. It should be called corporatism because it was the merger of state and corporate power. And what we have to understand as Americans is that the domination of business by government is called communism. The domination of government by business is called fascism. And our job is to walk that narrow trail in between, which is free-market capitalism and democracy. And keep big government at bay with our right hand and corporate power at bay with our left.
RFK Jr.

West Germany: Conservative
East Germany: Progressive

Any question?

Any questions, yea Frank, where do you come up with this absolute garbage? Is that what you 'feel' Frank, because there was nothing progressive about East Berlin.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

Forum List

Back