"The Trouble with Rand Paul"

It's also called not cutting off your nose to spite your face. He's a passionate guy who has had the opportunity to get up close and personal to the true workings of the political game...he made a choice to concede some of what he'd want to get some of what he hopes for, rather than take a stand that would show no results in the end.
Yeah....Politics.

Isn't politics as usual that got to where we are now?

Yep and that's why we cannot let the R's get control of our money OR our Constitution.

I'ms STILL trying to figure out just what he was thinking?

Guest Post: The Trouble with Rand Paul | ZeroHedge
Rand Paul just endorsed a man who is deeply hostile to human liberty.

Perhaps that’s Rand’s idea of playing politics? Come to the table, strike a deal, get what you can. Trouble is, it’s tough striking a good deal when the guy on the other side of the table believes that the government should be allowed to claim — without having to produce any evidence whatsoever — that certain people are terrorists, and therefore should be detained indefinitely without any kind of due process.

That’s textbook tyranny.
And the money shot:
But Mitt Romney’s stances on these issues seem much, much, much closer to Barack Obama than they do to Ron Paul. In fact, he might as well have endorsed Obama for President. And the Ron Paul supporters are noticing: Rand has probably burnt most bridges to his Father’s supporters now
I heard this and said what the fuck Rand. He lost any chance of getting my vote even for dog catcher.

Really...do you have to say that out loud so the libs can dribble down their legs??:D

For those who are mad at Rand over this, please explain to me what he's done as a Senator that you don't support. What bill has he introduced or voted on that makes you think he's unworthy of your support? Now he's done some things that I don't agree with in his short time as a Senator, but those are minor issues and don't amount to much. For the most part he's spent his time in the Senate fighting for issues that Ron Paul supporters are passionate about, and yet many of us want to focus on this pointless endorsement that means nothing.

Scary that rw voters think its okay to vote for some twit who "kisses asses" to make money and enforce an agenda that we ALL know "is deeply hostile to human liberty".

Why is the rw so willing to vote away "human liberty???

You tell me. You're voting for Obama.

Its not Obama who is fighting so hard to take basic CONSTITUTIONAL rights away from American citizens and you know it.

False.

Obama's attorney general recently argued that the Constitution does not guarantee "judicial process," which he differentiated from due process. Sounds like he was trying to take basic constitutional rights away there.

... He is, after all, a champion of everything repellent the US State does overseas and at home. He is a despicable statist, a junior oligarch, and a proponent of perpetual war, bank bailouts, torture, murder, camps, drones, the police state, redistribution, and the empire...
Funny .. I just read this quote to the people I'm with and every single one of them blurted out, "Cheney".

That's it.

Mittens is a Jr Cheney.

Even if he's not, he hates the US and invests his money in other countries. Why don't the rw's care about that? Because they would invest in other countries if they could.

I really hate that.
He is not Cheney. He doesn't shoot lawyers on quail shoots. <giggle>

... He is, after all, a champion of everything repellent the US State does overseas and at home. He is a despicable statist, a junior oligarch, and a proponent of perpetual war, bank bailouts, torture, murder, camps, drones, the police state, redistribution, and the empire...
Funny .. I just read this quote to the people I'm with and every single one of them blurted out, "Cheney".

That's it.

Mittens is a Jr Cheney.

Even if he's not, he hates the US and invests his money in other countries. Why don't the rw's care about that? Because they would invest in other countries if they could.

I really hate that.
He is not Cheney. He doesn't shoot lawyers on quail shoots. <giggle>

You have that good of friends?

It's also called not cutting off your nose to spite your face. He's a passionate guy who has had the opportunity to get up close and personal to the true workings of the political game...he made a choice to concede some of what he'd want to get some of what he hopes for, rather than take a stand that would show no results in the end.
Yeah....Politics.

Politics as usual was the GOP establishment looking the other way while Chimpola spent and expanded bureaucracy like nobody since LBJ.

I strongly suspect that the likes of Paul and Rubio won't just toe the line because Vinnie has an (R) by his name...Call it a hunch.

And the money shot:
I heard this and said what the fuck Rand. He lost any chance of getting my vote even for dog catcher.

Really...do you have to say that out loud so the libs can dribble down their legs??:D

I've been saying for the last longest and I have asked myself many times how can I vote for someone who appears to me as the one that I am trying to remove from the white house. This is nothing new. Just because Romney has an R does not mean I will vote for him.

However since Joe B is voting for obama because Romney is a Mormon I may have too cast my vote for Romney just too cancel Joe's vote.

Yeah....Politics.

Politics as usual was the GOP establishment looking the other way while Chimpola spent and expanded bureaucracy like nobody since LBJ.

I strongly suspect that the likes of Paul and Rubio won't just toe the line because Vinnie has an (R) by his name...Call it a hunch.

I hope you are right. My trust meter is not so sure with Rand now.

Rand Paul just endorsed a man who is deeply hostile to human liberty.

Perhaps that’s Rand’s idea of playing politics? Come to the table, strike a deal, get what you can. Trouble is, it’s tough striking a good deal when the guy on the other side of the table believes that the government should be allowed to claim — without having to produce any evidence whatsoever — that certain people are terrorists, and therefore should be detained indefinitely without any kind of due process.

That’s textbook tyranny.
And the money shot:
But Mitt Romney’s stances on these issues seem much, much, much closer to Barack Obama than they do to Ron Paul. In fact, he might as well have endorsed Obama for President. And the Ron Paul supporters are noticing: Rand has probably burnt most bridges to his Father’s supporters now

I'm not surprised. I am surprised by Ron Paul though. I thought that he would switch parties and become a Libertarian. For years he has been snubbed and mocked by the mainstream republicans. In the end, he seems to be a "party guy" as well.................sad but true.

Scary that rw voters think its okay to vote for some twit who "kisses asses" to make money and enforce an agenda that we ALL know "is deeply hostile to human liberty".

Why is the rw so willing to vote away "human liberty???

Then, just in case you want to throw up some more -

tp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/09/rand-paul-obama-scott-walker_n_1583372.html

:)

I've been saying for the last longest and I have asked myself many times how can I vote for someone who appears to me as the one that I am trying to remove from the white house. This is nothing new. Just because Romney has an R does not mean I will vote for him.

However since Joe B is voting for obama because Romney is a Mormon I may have too cast my vote for Romney just too cancel Joe's vote.

That's the spirit.;)

I'm waiting for Ron Paul to endorse Romney after the convention and watch all the little libtard heads here explode. Then they can explain how Paul isn't really libertarian, how he's a sell out, how he never did anything but run his mouth for 30 years. All things I've been attacked for saying.

I'm waiting for Ron Paul to endorse Romney after the convention and watch all the little libtard heads here explode. Then they can explain how Paul isn't really libertarian, how he's a sell out, how he never did anything but run his mouth for 30 years. All things I've been attacked for saying.
Says the political trollop who had his profile festooned with Rick Perry crap, until he pooped out. :lol:

Yeah....Politics.

There's nothing "as usual" about Rand's politics. He's by far the most maverick member of the senate. When SOPA, Patriot Act, etc are breathing down our necks it was Rand there to step up and go to bat for us.

Hope you're not holding your breath.

Forum List

Back