The Trouble With Guys

I don't think very man guys are going to appreciate that perspective.;) It's harsh, but makes some interesting and accurate observations.

What a load of crap!

The reason why people, both men and women aren't growing up is that the distribution of wealth is so horrendously unfair - and balanced against the young - that they simply CAN'T AFFORD TO GROW UP.

Throughout the history of mankind, all that was needed to start a family was a young man who was willing to do a day's hard work.

Nowaday, it takes two people with college degrees, plus post college trianing, plus years of experience just to make ends meet in a middle-class household.

That takes years and years beyond college.

It's also the reason for the ever growing sex industry - they can't afford marraige and kids so what the hell else are they going to do? Masterbate until they're 35?

If you ever look around you, you'll notice an interesting trend - everyone gets married and starts a family as soon as they can afford one. Check out your own friends and family.

An BTW, if either o the two genders deserve critcism it's the women - since the advent of legalized abortion and birth control, American women have behaved as total pigs. In terms of romantic and sexual relations they are as selfish and discompassionate as they possibly can be.

There are only 2 good things about American women:

1. They are horny as hell.
2. They make babies.

I read the article.
I understood what he was trying to say, but I do not agree that those people he is describing is the majority of men in that age group.
Maybe in the USA, I don't know.

My wife comes from a foreign country and just loves John Wayne. "Oh no wonder he was popular, he's so handsome!" We were watching a "John Wayne Saturday" movie marathon on some cable channel last saturday and I swear every movie got her "ready to go"! (wink wink nudge nudge).

My wife appreciates gender roles and doesn't like them mixed. She doesn't like the squishy metrosexual types that are so prevalent on film and TV today. Men are masculine, women are feminine and should act like it.

And here's a dirty little secret: Women like it when men make decisions and take charge. Oh yeah, they'll say they like the sensitive type who can get in touch with his feelings. But when it comes down to it, women really want the strong, silent, John Wayne type to lead them.

• Banned
My wife comes from a foreign country and just loves John Wayne. "Oh no wonder he was popular, he's so handsome!" We were watching a "John Wayne Saturday" movie marathon on some cable channel last saturday and I swear every movie got her "ready to go"! (wink wink nudge nudge).

My wife appreciates gender roles and doesn't like them mixed. She doesn't like the squishy metrosexual types that are so prevalent on film and TV today. Men are masculine, women are feminine and should act like it.

And here's a dirty little secret: Women like it when men make decisions and take charge. Oh yeah, they'll say they like the sensitive type who can get in touch with his feelings. But when it comes down to it, women really want the strong, silent, John Wayne type to lead them.

Chicks are people, Mad Scientist. They have a variety of tastes. John Wayne was never, ever attractive to me in the least. At my house, there's no prize for having the least to say.

Anyway, I think you missed the point of the article. Guys are failing to achieve adulthood because they mistake consumerism for manhood. Doesn't matter if they buy snappy clothes or cowboy boots....it's all pointless, selfish buying.

Love the article and totally agree. Why are they doing it? Because they can!!!
They are having fun, don't be in shuch a rush to have the world beat them down. Obviously this christian tool listened to hard to his mommy, maybe his daddy was gone.

Chicks are people, Mad Scientist. They have a variety of tastes. John Wayne was never, ever attractive to me in the least. At my house, there's no prize for having the least to say.

Anyway, I think you missed the point of the article. Guys are failing to achieve adulthood because they mistake consumerism for manhood. Doesn't matter if they buy snappy clothes or cowboy boots....it's all pointless, selfish buying.

Correct. Those are murkins.
I know. I was one.

I'm going back to this stage of guy's only concern of having fun now at 50.

folks you only get this ride once, 18 or 21 is too young to be saddled with responsibility for decades for many young men.

What a load of crap!

The reason why people, both men and women aren't growing up is that the distribution of wealth is so horrendously unfair - and balanced against the young - that they simply CAN'T AFFORD TO GROW UP.

Throughout the history of mankind, all that was needed to start a family was a young man who was willing to do a day's hard work.

Nowaday, it takes two people with college degrees, plus post college trianing, plus years of experience just to make ends meet in a middle-class household.

That takes years and years beyond college.

It's also the reason for the ever growing sex industry - they can't afford marraige and kids so what the hell else are they going to do? Masterbate until they're 35?

If you ever look around you, you'll notice an interesting trend - everyone gets married and starts a family as soon as they can afford one. Check out your own friends and family.

An BTW, if either o the two genders deserve critcism it's the women - since the advent of legalized abortion and birth control, American women have behaved as total pigs. In terms of romantic and sexual relations they are as selfish and discompassionate as they possibly can be.

There are only 2 good things about American women:

1. They are horny as hell.
2. They make babies.

Wow. He should take your picture and post it as an illustration to go along with his column, because you just proved everything he said correct.

I have to disagree only a little bit: not all women WANT the John Wayne type, but I think they NEED it. More and more of the women I know are afraid of masculinity.

What I got was that men are failing to achieve manhood because society, and women, allow them to get away with it.

Forum List

Back