The Trouble With Big Corporations

Would you buy into the company you work for?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already own it and you’ll get 1/3 of it off of my cold, dead finger.

• Other - I'll tell you in the thread

• Total voters

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Dear Mr. President,

The only trouble with big corporations is that most of them are pretty damn useful.

It wouldn’t be fair for mean old Mr. Government to just take the big corporations and give them to The People...

So what if We, The People were to buy the corporations we work for?

At current prices, many of them, especially the biggest ones, are cheap right now.

If the employees at Citigroup could get an option from the government to buy 1/3 of Citigroup at today’s price, exercisable over the next 7 years, would they take advantage of the opportunity? As owners, would they smile more sincerely when a customer entered?

The only pride really worth a damn is pride in ownership. Would you buy into the company you work for?

-Joe

Last edited:
How about stock the rest of us could buy? Anyone out there work for a corporation that pays dividends and is worth more than its current stock price?

Mine is SCI - it has its 'corporate hang-ups', mostly steming from greed, but they don't seem to micro-manage, at least our location... this industry and company will be a part of the next economy. And they pay dividends!

-Joe

The trouble with buying into the company you work for is that when the company gets into trouble, both your employment AND your portfolio is in trouble.

That said, my father's pile was mostly made due to Sears Rosebuck's profit sharing plan.

It worked for Sears AND the employees for a mighty long time, though, I'll give it that.

The trouble with buying into the company you work for is that when the company gets into trouble, both your employment AND your portfolio is in trouble.

That said, my father's pile was mostly made due to Sears Rosebuck's profit sharing plan.

It worked for Sears AND the employees for a mighty long time, though, I'll give it that.

Are 'profit sharing' and 'share the wealth' synonymous?

-Joe

Forum List

Back