The Troops Respond to John Kerry

Time is ticking---the Dems have to discredit the pic, the troops, the CO or come up with a damn good issue to distract the people and the media with. Will we hear the " BIG" stuff soon or are they gonna play it down to the wire ?

They're going to have to dig hard on this one. The comment is too vague. Even a military lawyer could have a field day with it.

You know, i dont care how confident i was in something, i dont think id make that bet:p lol

It's painfully obvious the picture is NOT PS. My son has a B.A. a Graphics Design, and he's a virtual wizard with Adobe PS. Even he say's there's no way even himself could do that.

The picture is real. Everybody knows it. Put the barrel of shit away... :D

Here's a high-res version:

iraq.jpg

So - to our in-house Photoshop experts - does that look fake to you? It sure doesn't to me...

As an expert in revealing internet fakes, and a big fan of PS contests, my analysis.

Shading and reflections are consistent across the entire picture, with sun flares and shadows following the contour of the wrinkles in the banner. This is almost impossible to pull off in Photoshop and would require far more time than what has elapsed between now and Kerry's comments to create.

The letters are in the same style, but non-identical. You can spot subtle differences between the two R's in 'Carry.' Most Photoshop artists copy and paste letters. Creating distinct letters that appeared hand-painted requires a painstaking attention to detail.

Small smudges and paint running can be seen on the banner, another detail requiring pixel-to-pixel detain to imitate. With such a high-rez image, I'm having a hard time believing that a Photoshop artist could recreate such detail so quickly.

Lighting on the banner is consistent with the lighting on the troops' uniforms and with their shadows on the ground. Additionally, the banner is properly wrinkled in a consistent manner with where the soldiers' hands are placed, proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the banner was not shot seperately and added later.

That's my analysis, but, of course, the easy way (for the media, anyway) would be to figure out who was in the picture and just ask them.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Why I think it's real:

5696helpuskerry.jpg

Orange: Here, and in other places, we can see brush/pen/marker strokes. The ink wasn't applied with any consistancy across the banner.

Blue: See how the bottom is folded inwards? The letter follows the bend in the banner PERFECTLY

Yellow: Smudge marks from where the banner may have been rolled or folded.

Red: We're getting a shadow from the Hero's left hand. The shadow covers both the white, AND the blue of the letter.

Maybe not ignorant...maybe just naive.

I think it's ignorance. And I think he likes his ignorance. He chooses ignorance because it makes him feel 'better', maybe? As if if he refuses to be taught Truth, God may somehow NOT hold him accountable?

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I think it's ignorance. And I think he likes his ignorance. He chooses ignorance because it makes him feel 'better', maybe? As if if he refuses to be taught Truth, God may somehow NOT hold him accountable?

Ahhh, good point. He very possibly could be WILLFULLY ignorant. That could easily expalin his penchant for distortion, misrepresentation, and hypocricy.

Are you ignorant enough to think I'm ignorant?

OOH! think of that all by yourself?

Kerry's comment - even IF about the president (and I think it was) is NOT a 'joke' - it was a personal Attack. There was no punchline. No 'funny'. He was mud-slinging. Where Jon Carry Lost what little respect he HAD was how he NEVER apologized. He simply LASHED out. It was a childish "Yeah...but YOU!!" rant about godknowswhat.

You're just an elitists snob spoiled Republican't who sits in his ivory deer stand so you can take a Holier than thou' attitude.

Archangel? is that you? That line makes LESS than no sense. It's like...if 'making sense' was measured in degrees, like heat, your comment above would be absolute zero. It's absolute 'non-making-senese'. Dare I say, it's the antithesis of sense?

Du is just now saying this is a photoshop....:laugh:

Proud2BAmurkin (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-01-06 03:14 PM
Original message
Soldiers aren't allowed to be blatantly political. Sludge photo is fake.
It ain't soldiers in Iraq.
Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

The pixels in the photo aren't the same size Warpy Nov-01-06 03:16 PM #1
wait. Are you sure?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2540974

Yes, this intelligent, educated Democrat would know all about that...

;)

OOH! think of that all by yourself?

Kerry's comment - even IF about the president (and I think it was) is NOT a 'joke' - it was a personal Attack. There was no punchline. No 'funny'. He was mud-slinging. Where Jon Carry Lost what little respect he HAD was how he NEVER apologized. He simply LASHED out. It was a childish "Yeah...but YOU!!" rant about godknowswhat.

Archangel? is that you? That line makes LESS than no sense. It's like...if 'making sense' was measured in degrees, like heat, your comment above would be absolute zero. It's absolute 'non-making-senese'. Dare I say, it's the antithesis of sense?

I wann know where you get one o them thar ivoree deer stands.... I gots some varmints in my backyard that I wanna feel "holier than thou" about!

Of course, what the pre-pubescent poster fails to see is his own "holier than thou" arrogance. He is a bit immature; I expect he will be calling us poo-poo heads within the next few posts.

I wann know where you get one o them thar ivoree deer stands.... I gots some varmints in my backyard that I wanna feel "holier than thou" about!

Of course, what the pre-pubescent poster fails to see is his own "holier than thou" arrogance. He is a bit immature; I expect he will be calling us poo-poo heads within the next few posts.

Don ferget yer huntun licence....;)

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

You're just an elitists snob spoiled Republican't who sits in his ivory deer stand so you can take a Holier than thou' attitude.

Dude, that was the dumbest comeback Ive ever heard. What the heck is an Ivory deer stand? What the heck is a deer stand? and how on earth can you accuse anyone of having a holier than thou attitude?

John Heinz Kerry, is that you?

Forum List

Back