The Triple Crown Season Is Here!

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
The Kentucky Derby. The Preakness. The Belmont. The most exciting five weeks in thoroughbred horse racing.

Any thoughts on the wide open Derby field this year? There are no clear favorites. No dominant horse. No Secretariat or Seattle Slew or Affirmed.

The one horse I like a LOT is "Bodemeister", trained by Bob Baffert, and with bloodlines that include Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Northern Dancer, etc.

Bodemeister did not race as a two-year-old (Baffert felt he was too "immature"), and has only had four races as a three-year-old, including a dominating 9 1/2 length victory in the Arkansas Derby in his last race.

His pedigree shows speed and staying power, and he has displayed both, so far. If Bodemeister can win the Kentucky Derby, with all of the traffic and bumping that goes on with a 20-horse field, then this year MAY be the year of the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978.

The Kentucky Derby. The Preakness. The Belmont. The most exciting five weeks in thoroughbred horse racing.

Any thoughts on the wide open Derby field this year? There are no clear favorites. No dominant horse. No Secretariat or Seattle Slew or Affirmed.

The one horse I like a LOT is "Bodemeister", trained by Bob Baffert, and with bloodlines that include Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Northern Dancer, etc.

Bodemeister did not race as a two-year-old (Baffert felt he was too "immature"), and has only had four races as a three-year-old, including a dominating 9 1/2 length victory in the Arkansas Derby in his last race.

His pedigree shows speed and staying power, and he has displayed both, so far. If Bodemeister can win the Kentucky Derby, with all of the traffic and bumping that goes on with a 20-horse field, then this year MAY be the year of the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978.

:banana2:

Sorry that's all I've got.

:banana2:

Sorry that's all I've got.

BRILLIANT opinion. So you must be excited about your upcoming junior high graduation, eh?

Oh simmer down, I just have little interest in the topic, and I'd be surprised if anyone else did either.

Hell I posted a thread for baseball and nobody has used it.

Oh simmer down, I just have little interest in the topic, and I'd be surprised if anyone else did either.

Point taken. I keep forgetting that in today's world, anybody under 40 doesn't care about much except iPods, iPads, Madden 2013, flat screens, laptops, and re-electing their communist hero Barack Obama.

I happen to be a huge horseracing fan, but I am in my mid-50s and I remember vividly the last three Triple Crown-winning racehorses, and all of the near-misses before and after.

Point taken. I keep forgetting that in today's world, anybody under 40 doesn't care about much except iPods, iPads, Madden 2013, flat screens, laptops, and re-electing their communist hero Barack Obama.

I happen to be a huge horseracing fan, but I am in my mid-50s and I remember vividly the last three Triple Crown-winning racehorses, and all of the near-misses before and after.

I remember Smarty Jones, but only because he was out of Philadelphia and at the time Philly's sports championship drought was in full effect and Smarty Jones was seen as the only chance the city might have had to claim some kind of a winner in sports.

Goodness, are you condescending.

You could have withheld your age and based on that comment I'd have known you were at least in your 50's.

Lighten up, life isn't getting any longer.

You were a stupid kid once yourself...and some of them are much brighter than you give them credit for.

Are you putting money on him?

You could have withheld your age and based on that comment I'd have known you were at least in your 50's.

You were a stupid kid once yourself...and some of them are much brighter than you give them credit for.

Are you schizophrenic? First you THANK me for my last posting, then one day later you CRITICIZE me, make false assumptions, and attack me for the SAME posting.

I am not "condescending". I just call 'em as I see 'em. TRUTH can be painful.

If I choose to disclose my age, that is my business. What does disclosing or withholding my age have to do with anything, anyway?

Maybe you should remove your head from the sand and see what is going on in today's world.

Just a suggestion.

Now, what was the TOPIC? Oh yeah, HORSE RACING. The Triple Crown. Not age. Not whether or not you give a shit. Not who is falsely being accused of being "condescending".

Try staying on topic. YOU are the one who needs to lighten up, take a look in the mirror, and if you don't have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add to this topic, then sit this one out.

Are you putting money on him?

I never bet on the horses. I just admire them, and I know a lot about the topic from a historical perspective.

4 races? it takes more to convince me....

Horse racing today is a lot different than it used to be. Most top thoroughbreds are "lightly" raced, compared to how much they were raced for most of the 20th century.

If there is a knock against Bodemeister, it is the fact that he lacks experience when it comes to being knocked around, having his path altered, having to do a lot of maneuvering, etc.

Big Brown only had THREE races prior to the 2008 Kentucky Derby, which he won, along with the Preakness. He lost the Belmont, due to a loose shoe on his "bad" hoof.

I mostly like the Bodemeister story line. Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Northern Dancer.........all in Bodemeister's pedigree. All the ingredients are there for a GREAT story.

Are you schizophrenic? First you THANK me for my last posting, then one day later you CRITICIZE me, make false assumptions, and attack me for the SAME posting.

I am not "condescending". I just call 'em as I see 'em. TRUTH can be painful.

If I choose to disclose my age, that is my business. What does disclosing or withholding my age have to do with anything, anyway?

Maybe you should remove your head from the sand and see what is going on in today's world.

Just a suggestion.

Now, what was the TOPIC? Oh yeah, HORSE RACING. The Triple Crown. Not age. Not whether or not you give a shit. Not who is falsely being accused of being "condescending".

Try staying on topic. YOU are the one who needs to lighten up, take a look in the mirror, and if you don't have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add to this topic, then sit this one out.

I thanked you for at least recognizing my point, but I felt the need to comment on the rest of it.

Trust me, I'm not being as aggressive as you're trying to make it seem, stop being so serious about it.

Again, lighten up....though now I fear I'm beating a dead horse.

Forum List

Back