The Trinity

Your wrong. Again explain if Jesus is God my passage and if the Holy Spirit is God my passage. Ohh and both are from John, so much for him claiming Jesus and the Holy Spirit are just God.

There is absolutely no reason for Jesus to keep reminding everyone that he is the SON of God and NOT God if he really meant he is God.

Provide the passage where he says he is God. God made him and then allows Jesus to make everything else after him, through God's power.

56"(CT)Your father Abraham (CU)rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."

57(CV)So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, (CW)I am."

59Therefore they (CX)picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus (CY)hid Himself and went out of the temple.

I think verse 58 is succinct.
John 1 (New American Standard Bible)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

John 1
(The Deity of Jesus Christ.........Remember that Jesus is the Word.......and you can easily see John connecting both The Word, and Jesus as one in the same.)

1(A)In the beginning was (B)the Word, and the Word was (C)with God, and (D)the Word was God.

2He was in the beginning with God.

3(E)All things came into being through Him(Jesus/Creator), and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

4(F)In Him was life, and the life was (G)the Light of men.

5(H)The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it( rejection of Jesus through ignorance and willfullness).

The Witness John - (John the Baptist)
6There came a man sent from God, whose name was (I)John.
7He came (J)as a witness, to testify about the Light, (K)so that all might believe through him.

8(L)He(John the Baptist) was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light(Jesus).

9There was (M)the true Light [c]which, coming into the world(Christ's Incarnation), enlightens every man.

10He was in the world, and (N)the world was made through Him(Jesus the Creator), and the world did not know Him ( man's ignorance and rejection of Jesus).

11He came to His [d]own(Jews first then the Gentiles), and those who were His own did not receive Him.

12But as many as received Him( those believing on Him by faith in his sacrificial death for their sinful nature and deeds), to them He gave the right to become (O)children of God, even (P)to those who believe in His name,

13(Q)who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God (Spiritual birth or Jesus' reference to telling the Pharisee that "You must be born from above or born again).

The Word Made Flesh
14And (R)the Word ( Jesus)(S)became flesh(Born in Bethleham), and (T)dwelt among us, and (U)we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of (V)grace and (W)truth.
15John (X)testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, '(Y)He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, (Z)for He existed before me.'"

It's dificult to explain the Trinity just by quoting a couple of verses.

Jesus was sent to the earth to show man a human image of God. Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father. When Jesus died and went to heaven he left behind his spirit, the Holy Spirit, as a way for man to feel his presence in his absence.

That's the short version, as I know it.

Here is a better explanation.

God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit: the Trinity

Provide the passage where he ever said that. He does however say over and over he IS NOT God. That his words are not his but those of God. That he preaches not for himself but for God.

here's just one of them:

John 10

29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[d]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

31Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"

33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

None of the quoted material is saying Jesus is God, the Word does not mean God. And of Course Jesus was in existance before any man.

None of the quoted material is saying Jesus is God, the Word does not mean God. And of Course Jesus was in existance before any man.
I believe the the Word, does mean God Ret sgt...

John 1
The Word Became Flesh

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Now, i can't begin to explain this to you or anyone else....God, manifested in Jesus Christ....or God manifested in the Holy Spirit...

It is something that is a Mystery of Faith for me...

care

I've never read that one so I need to know. In my parents home we had a big white bible with "Catholic Bible" on it. I still don't know what the difference is.

Thankfully I can check online, thanks for that.
i believe the Catholic Bible has a couple of extra Books (Macabees might be one?)....that were accepted in to it.... but any individual book of the Bible that are in king james version as well, ARE THE SAME......

and good morning Diuretic

I believe the the Word, does mean God Ret sgt...

John 1
The Word Became Flesh

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Now, i can't begin to explain this to you or anyone else....God, manifested in Jesus Christ....or God manifested in the Holy Spirit...

It is something that is a Mystery of Faith for me...

care

That still doesn't make Jesus God. Again explain all the passages in the Bible, like the one I provided, where JESUS insists he is NOT God. God Created Jesus. how does one create themselves?

Explain again how the Holy Spirit which is CLEARLY referred to as a HELPER of God is really God.

False worship come to mind?

No, it doesn't.

If people are mistakeningly thinking that God has one aspect or three because they cannot be sure, I do not think GOD is going to be pissed at those who got it wrong.

Don't you think if it REALLY mattered, God would have made it very clear?

Now, if you are a practicing Jew, then of course, the answer to the question is quite clear.

but if you suscribe to one of the various sects of Christianity?

Well then, the question seems to me to not be especially important.

So, if you are a Christian, my question still remains...

What difference does it make if you worship a God, but aren't ENTIRELY clear about his specific nature?

Like I asked before: Is knowing the answer to this ON THE TEST?

If you get it wrong, will you go to hell, or something?

Forum List

Back