The Trinity

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Ok, if Jesus and the Holy Spirit are really just God, explain John 14:24 and John 14:26.

Why exactly would Jesus keep reminding people that his words were not HIS but those of his FATHER, God. I mean if he were really just God anyway.

Why would Jesus talk of God sending the Holy Spirit anywhere if it was really just God anyway?

Through out the Bible Jesus is referred to as the Son of God and he is clear he is NOT God. And the Holy Spirit is referred to as a helper of God not as God.

Ok, if Jesus and the Holy Spirit are really just God, explain John 14:24 and John 14:26.

Why exactly would Jesus keep reminding people that his words were not HIS but those of his FATHER, God. I mean if he were really just God anyway.

Why would Jesus talk of God sending the Holy Spirit anywhere if it was really just God anyway?

Through out the Bible Jesus is referred to as the Son of God and he is clear he is NOT God. And the Holy Spirit is referred to as a helper of God not as God.

I think he had to mince his words a bit to get the message across---he got crucified for even claiming to be the son of God--can you imagine him trying to tell a bunch of jews that he WAS God ?

Well, when a lot of religions pray they pray to "The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost."

I've always thought of them as 3 different Entities, each having a purpose of their own.

That is the best you have?

I think his message is that we all are reflections or projections of a larger and spiritual identity and loving one another was the most important thing we can do. He used God, himself and the holy spirit to describe the different forms of our spiritual nature. What our liver does is different from what our kidneys do but they are both intergral parts of our body.

I can't believe people actually waste time wondering about stuff like this.
nbc_SNL_radner.jpg

What does your own theology say on this question RGS?

one God, three forms. Omnipotent Father, divine Son, sent to earth to walk in our shoes, explain the Holy Kingdon, and do redeem us all on the cross, Holy Spirit sent to intercede with us and for us.

ok--how about three separate entities acting in complete harmony ?

Harmony, I can believe that, BUT most Christians do not teach that, they teach that Jesus is God and that the Holy Spirit is God. And they are wrong.

Jesus is the SON of God and he works for God. The Holy Spirit is a force of God that helps when required, again NOT God.

Read the Bible.

Forum List

Back