The "Trials" Of Being Rich.....

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
....and, facing a return to the '93 Tax Rates.​

"Professor Henderson’s problem is that he thinks that he ought to be able to pay off student loans, contribute to retirement savings vehicles, build equity, drive new cars, live in a big expensive house, send his children to private school, and still have plenty of ca$h at the end of the month for the $200 restaurant meals, the $1000 a night resort hotel rooms, and the $75,000 automobiles. And even half a million dollars a year cannot buy you all of that.

But if he values the high-end consumption so much, why doesn’t he rearrange his budget? Why not stop the retirement savings contributions, why not rent rather than buy, why not send the kids to public school? Then the disposable cash at the end of the month would flow like water. His problem is that some of these decisions would strike him as imprudent. And all of them would strike him as degradations; doctor-law professor couples ought to send their kids to private schools, and live in big houses, and contribute to their 401(k)s, and also still have lots of ca$h for splurges. That is the way things should be."

Gee......maybe someone needs a bake-sale.

:doubt:

....and, facing a return to the '93 Tax Rates.​

"Professor Henderson’s problem is that he thinks that he ought to be able to pay off student loans, contribute to retirement savings vehicles, build equity, drive new cars, live in a big expensive house, send his children to private school, and still have plenty of ca$h at the end of the month for the $200 restaurant meals, the $1000 a night resort hotel rooms, and the $75,000 automobiles. And even half a million dollars a year cannot buy you all of that.

But if he values the high-end consumption so much, why doesn’t he rearrange his budget? Why not stop the retirement savings contributions, why not rent rather than buy, why not send the kids to public school? Then the disposable cash at the end of the month would flow like water. His problem is that some of these decisions would strike him as imprudent. And all of them would strike him as degradations; doctor-law professor couples ought to send their kids to private schools, and live in big houses, and contribute to their 401(k)s, and also still have lots of ca$h for splurges. That is the way things should be."

Gee......maybe someone needs a bake-sale.

:doubt:

Shame Henderson has to worry about his retirement. If he lived in a decent country he would retire at full wage $450,000 a year and never worry about a 401K or his retirement, his childrens education would be paid by the state, his cable bill would be free, his family would be getting free health insurance, his car would be fully automated and do 200+ to work, and he would suffer through 45 day paid vacations & twice as many holidays as American workers get. And what really seems odd, he would work shorter work weeks, and pay the same taxes as an American worker for all the extra benefits he receives. And because he doesn't live a life filled with stress, he lives longer than Americans do. And because his daughter gets better health care than Americans, he will have more grand children surviving child birth, and more time to spend with them. My heart goes out to this wise professor who is to dumb to know what he is missing.

Sheman... why are you obsessed with tearing everybody down? I've never seen a person just consumed with hatred and jealousy as you are.

How old are you? This isn't a trait found in many adults.

Last edited:
Sheman is off his rocker, or, like Flaylo... a product of a childhood spent on Adderall so his parentscdidn't have to deal with him. I just dunno. It's sad.

Its tough being rich these days..

You have to keep a straightface while you explain how hard 3% more in taxes is while you pocketed an additional 8% in wealth.

You have to explain to those who work for you that they need to bite the bullet while you pocket excess profit

Defending Democratic Capitalism Kelly site . net? Seriously?

I wonder if this is what passes for legitimate, unbiased, non partisan information for the left?

Seriously... we seem to have a plethora of posters who have and their brains surgically removed and replaced with propaganda. It's sad, really, it is.

You have to keep a straightface while you explain how hard 3% more in taxes is while you pocketed an additional 8% in wealth.

You have to explain to those who work for you that they need to bite the bullet while you pocket excess profit

Tellya what buckwheat... when the 40+%'s start paying something and give up their EIC welfare checks, call me.

I wonder if this is what passes for legitimate, unbiased, non partisan information for the left?

Seriously... we seem to have a plethora of posters who have and their brains surgically removed and replaced with propaganda. It's sad, really, it is.

I think this is precisely the problem... this has already happened to them.. Just read Flaylo, RightNutter, rdean, etc. I have folliage in my home that is more insightful.

Tellya what buckwheat... when the 40+%'s start paying something and give up their EIC welfare checks, call me.

I know what you mean Soggy.

I see why the rich envy those 40% and their low tax rate. They have such a simpler life too. Having to decide which bills don't get paid this month, do you pay your medical bill or buy groceries? What do you tell your child who wants to go to college? Its 10 degrees outside and your electric bill is $450 dollars.....do you pay to keep your electric turned on or for the rent?

I see why you would want to tax these people more

It's always been my opinion that when you're rich, you lose the right to bellyache about anything and be taken seriously.

I see why the rich envy those 40% and their low tax rate. They have such a simpler life too. Having to decide which bills don't get paid this month, do you pay your medical bill or buy groceries? What do you tell your child who wants to go to college? Its 10 degrees outside and your electric bill is $450 dollars.....do you pay to keep your electric turned on or for the rent?

So, your position is that 120,000,000+ Americans are living this way? Give me a fucking break, nobody's that dumb.

It's always been my opinion that when you're rich, you lose the right to bellyache about anything and be taken seriously.

I wasn't aware that you had the power to remove the rights of others. But, it's good to know that you do.... in your own deluded world.

Jealousy of those who have more than you is not an attractive trait.

It;s always been my opinion that when you spend your days bitching about the rich, you lose the right to bellyache about anything and be taken seriously.

I wasn't aware that you had the power to remove the rights of others. But, it's good to know that you do.... in your own deluded world.

Jealousy of those who have more than you is not an attractive trait.

I guess you missed the part about being taken seriously.

Hey, they can bitch all they want, but nobody is going to take them seriously.

So, your position is that 120,000,000+ Americans are living this way? Give me a fucking break, nobody's that dumb.

Those who do not pay taxes...yes, this is why they do not pay taxes

Unlike the rich, who have hundreds of tax exemptions to choose from, the working poor have very few.

Their salaries are taxed directly by the IRS. They can deduct their kids, mortgage payments and little else. For them to qualify to pay zero taxes, they need to show many kids and many bills. There is no other way to end up paying no income taxes

Mr. ShitHead cannot link unbiased information.. .I think he is paid by the click for his winger links

Attachments

• $bell cty.jpg
    $bell cty.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 43

Forum List

Back