The Transexual Teacher in NY.....

I am not sure about this subject as a whole myself...maybe someone else can help me put it into perspective.

I know someone who is right now in the trans-gender process. S/he is the sister (now brother) of a girl (Bonnie) with whom I was best friends with since they moved here in the '89/90 school year. After I moved in 9th grade, we kind of grew apart, but stayed connected through some mutual friends of ours.

I practically lived at their house in the summer. Sleepovers were the best because their parents were SUPER cool. They are also devout Christians.

Anyhow, Devon (formerly known as Lori) was born a hermaphrodite. From what I gather from my friend Diana (the mutual friend), the doctor picked the wrong gender. All through school, Lori was a tomboy. Nothing new to me. But in high school she came out as a lesbian, even dressing in a tux and taking a girl to Prom. I never knew about the hermaphrodite thing until Diana told me sometime last year.

At this point, I haven't seen or physically talked to Devon/Lori since about '01, when s/he was going to Mankato State with Diana and Tommy. This was before she started the process, or even mentioned anything about it.

Then there's the issue of their youngest brother being gay (from what I found out just recently). That itself explains some odd things he used to do when we were younger, like wear Bonnie's floor-length peasant-type skirts whenever there was a sleepover or something. We thought he was just being a dork or just being goofy.

So I would be a hypocrite if I said I would pull my kids from this school or avoid Devon/Lori, preaching against this kind of thing because in my mind, my conservative values take over some of my heart's desires on many issues to instill values and morals in my kids. But if they ever found out about Devon/Lori's past life as a girl, which I think they eventually might, then it would definitely make me look bad, not only as a hypocrite, but as turning my back on someone I have known for years, and has not done anything to me personally, or my family. I still care deeply for them and like to hear what they are up to from Diana.

Wow. Intellectual honesty and consistency! I’m impressed. As long as smokers do not pose a threat to the kids – and keep smoking away, and as long as Christian teachers keep their bibles and religious symbols at home, I have no objection to their teaching. Likewise, as long as transsexuals keep their transformation as quiet and as possible and not draw attention to it, I have no problem with transsexual teachers.

Ah but if last year I was Mr. Smith and this year I'm Ms. Smith, it's not quiet. The teacher should have been transfered and kept her mouth shut. Then it would be different.

Yes you do, but that doesn't mean that you can't be wrong. There is that margin of error you can be wrong. If you can't admit to it, then you blindly follow your faith.

I guess that you are saying that you could be wrong about being born a homosexual, right. You believe that something in you makes you completely different from a human design that can actually reproduce and continue the species, oh wait, you probably could reproduce but you choose not to... right? But then again percentages tell us it's very unlikely you aren't going to reproduce a homosexual.

Forum List

Back