The Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Is the Trans-Siberain Orchestra Awesome or What?

• Yeah

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • HELLZ YEAH!!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Shattered said:
It sounded loud. Maybe I'm just old.
Car systems can be weird. Often they sound like total shit from anywhere but inside the car, and even sometimes only in the front seats, depending on how tuned the system is.

Shattered said:
Did you just call D a ricer? :D

ricers don't 'bring it'

is.php

:D

The ClayTaurus said:
Car systems can be weird. Often they sound like total shit from anywhere but inside the car, and even sometimes only in the front seats, depending on how tuned the system is.

and she was hearing it from a hands-free mic attached to my phone.

:)

Hobbit said:
I just picked up "The Lost Christmas Eve" on clearance for $5, and it is worth at least 5 times that. This orchestra has one of the most awesome sounds I've ever heard. I mean, it's a Christmas album, and I like it this much, and I HATE Christmas albums (too much time working retail with Musak). Anybody who hasn't heard them yet should do so as soon as possible.

My parents turned me on to them awhile back. They are amazingly talented!!!!!!!!!

Dan said:
Two words: White Stripes.

Couldn't resist, Jeff. :tng:
He either plays bass on the record, or uses a bass modulator pedal on his guitar a la Local H. Seven Nation Army is the only proof you need of basslines in White Stripes songs.

The ClayTaurus said:
No offense, but, your dad's boss is an idiot. :gross2: I can only assume he was referring to tastelessly applied bass, in which case he's correct. Well done bass is a wonderful thing. Don't let a bunch of ricers jade you.

I do believe a couple of you have spoken too soon. Any good sound system requires a couple of woofers, but too many people judge a sound system by what size house the woofers could knock down. This guy made some VERY nice sound systmes. This line was used when certain people kept trying to make a sound system that mimicked what you might hear while stopped at a stoplight...from the next street over.

Hobbit said:
I do believe a couple of you have spoken too soon. Any good sound system requires a couple of woofers, but too many people judge a sound system by what size house the woofers could knock down. This guy made some VERY nice sound systmes. This line was used when certain people kept trying to make a sound system that mimicked what you might hear while stopped at a stoplight...from the next street over.

We just took what you quoted him:

His boss always said that "sub-woofers are for sub humans.

at face value.

The system in my car is pretty inexpensive, but does a pretty good job of shaking most things within the car - yes, even my man-boobs from time to time. It's bass-heavy, but not over-bearing. Today, driving into work I alternated between Stryper <i>To Hell With the Devil</i> and Snoop <i>What's my Name?</i>. The system did a pretty good job for both.

:)

Dan said:
Two words: White Stripes.

Couldn't resist, Jeff. :tng:

Funny you should bring that up. They've grown on me just a little bit. Now, instead of absolutely hating them, I only somewhat dislike them. :D

gop_jeff said:
You say bass, or BASS, and I think this:

p31560.jpg
custom-5.jpg

Think rattling car, vibrating phone, and ears that can't possibly function as normal after. :)

(Tho, I will say it wasn't the least bit distorted).. It just can't be good for his ears. :)

Shattered said:
Think rattling car, vibrating phone, and ears that can't possibly function as normal after. :)

(Tho, I will say it wasn't the least bit distorted).. It just can't be good for his ears. :)

Thanks, toots. :) Bass isn't as destrucive to ears as mid-highs. And neither more destructive than loud, distorted music.

Or crappy music like the beatles, or the doors or something.

:poop:

dmp said:
Thanks, toots. :) Bass isn't as destrucive to ears as mid-highs. And neither more destructive than loud, distorted music.

Or crappy music like the beatles, or the doors or something.

:poop:
Nice of you to sum up your musical tastes at the end there... ;)

He either plays bass on the record, or uses a bass modulator pedal on his guitar a la Local H. Seven Nation Army is the only proof you need of basslines in White Stripes songs.

Yah, he uses a modulator. It's just an inside joke (Jeff hates them). For the record, I think there is some real bass on the new album.

Funny you should bring that up. They've grown on me just a little bit. Now, instead of absolutely hating them, I only somewhat dislike them.

Oh, come on, man, their new album doesn't even sound anything like their old stuff, U should give them a chance. They rock!

Forum List

Back