The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database has information on almost 36,000 slaving voyages

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database has information on almost 36,000 slaving voyages
that forcibly embarked over 10 million Africans for transport to the Americas between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries. The actual number is estimated to have been as high as 12.5 million. The database and the separate estimates interface offer researchers, students and the general public a chance to rediscover the reality of one of the largest forced movements of peoples in world history.
I only recently discovered this database but it's undoubtedly a valuable piece of historical documentation.

that forcibly embarked over 10 million Africans for transport to the Americas between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries. The actual number is estimated to have been as high as 12.5 million. The database and the separate estimates interface offer researchers, students and the general public a chance to rediscover the reality of one of the largest forced movements of peoples in world history.
I only recently discovered this database but it's undoubtedly a valuable piece of historical documentation.

The interesting thing is that only less than four percent of those were transported to North America, the majority of whom were sent to South America. But we never ever hear of the hardships they endured, nor do we hear about the noteworthy things that South American black people did.

The interesting thing is that only less than four percent of those were transported to North America, the majority of whom were sent to South America. But we never ever hear of the hardships they endured, nor do we hear about the noteworthy things that South American black people did.

Because we live in the United States.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

I only recently discovered this database but it's undoubtedly a valuable piece of historical documentation

Hello, NewsVine_Mariyam. You stated this is historical information, yet you posted this info in the USMB Race Relations/Racism forum instead of the USMB History forum?

Regarding the Historical info you shared. During that period of human evolution, were African people complicit in the North American slave trade?

Africans started slavery - how it REALLY happened - YouTube

African American Lives 2 . Profiles . Tom Joyner | PBS

Larry Elder - Slavery: What They Didn't Teach in My High School

pro black HATE.jpg

Peace.

You dont hear about a lot of things that happened in S. America. Do you really think if white america is in denial about what happened on US soil they are going to worry about S.America?

Forum List

Back