The Trade war Could turn into the War in Iraq

What you refuse to acknowledge is that we are about 30 years too late to have the kind of trade war Trump is trying to fight. Remember "free trade"? Remember how all the republicans and half the democrats thought it was heresy to do anything to protect American jobs? This is what all that ruinous economic dogma bought us. I seriously see no way to get the sort of victory Trump seeks in this stupid adventure.

Again, you're living in the past.....We MAGA ain't republicans...we were Tea Party and using the GOP apparatus to fix this mess and we are WINNING in case you haven't noticed. You have to learn to balance your hatred for Trump's looks and style with getting your country on sound economic footing again. Clinton, Bush, Obama....all fools with their own agenda, not looking out for us. Trump is out for us....maybe because he's guilty-rich and looking to get into Heaven....don't know or care about his motivations....He's doing exactly what we've wanted done for years.

[
OH I see what the problem is here, you have no clue what the definition of winning is.

According to you and your logic, the NY Jets have won the past 5 superbowls right! AHAHAH!!!

Sometimes it is just easier to live in a self created fantasy land, that way you don't have to take responsibility for your actions and you can blame everyone else for your mistakes and problems. It is much easier than actually taking responsibility for your actions and being held accountable.

Give it up, fool....You've been handed your head...sew it back on and find a safe-place to have a nice cry.

It’s too late to have trade war with China,China even don’t deserve to enter the WTO,they broken the trade laws and the promise they made ,they should treat like another North Korea

We can afford this trade war...China can't.....they are so leveraged and over-extended, another year of this and they're screwed. They can't "out wait" Trump because even if he loses in 2020 (he won't and they know it) that's 18 months from now and without significant progress, his tariffs will continue increasing, the money going to our industries most affected, namely agriculture who the Chinese have targeted. Engaging us militarily is folly for them....everything they have in modern equipment design is stolen....if they could understand the tech, they'd invent it themselves but they don't. They don't understand capitalism....there is no "thinking outside the box" in China.....fail and you'll be jailed or shot, making innovation impossible. Xi's stunt on Friday was their hail mary hoping they could spook the markets and bury Trump on the Sunday talk shoes. But once again, he's at the G7 shaking hands and slapping backs instead of playing their game. Obama would be begging for mercy at this point...Trump is just warming up for what he's going to throw at the Paper Tiger.
You have it backwards. China can absolutely endure prolonged economic pain at a level that we would never tolerate. They know they only have to put up with it for a little while until we vote out Trump and elect a less retarded president.
Is that why the prices of electronics plunged after the Housing Bubble crashed?

What you refuse to acknowledge is that we are about 30 years too late to have the kind of trade war Trump is trying to fight. Remember "free trade"? Remember how all the republicans and half the democrats thought it was heresy to do anything to protect American jobs? This is what all that ruinous economic dogma bought us. I seriously see no way to get the sort of victory Trump seeks in this stupid adventure.

Again, you're living in the past.....We MAGA ain't republicans...we were Tea Party and using the GOP apparatus to fix this mess and we are WINNING in case you haven't noticed. You have to learn to balance your hatred for Trump's looks and style with getting your country on sound economic footing again. Clinton, Bush, Obama....all fools with their own agenda, not looking out for us. Trump is out for us....maybe because he's guilty-rich and looking to get into Heaven....don't know or care about his motivations....He's doing exactly what we've wanted done for years.
You're playing the same game republicans have played for decades. All those bad polices were those other kind of republicans. Ten years from now you will be blaming it all on those stupid Trumpublicans and you were never in agreement with them. It's pretty handy to be able to just forget you were ever wrong.

[
OH I see what the problem is here, you have no clue what the definition of winning is.

According to you and your logic, the NY Jets have won the past 5 superbowls right! AHAHAH!!!

Sometimes it is just easier to live in a self created fantasy land, that way you don't have to take responsibility for your actions and you can blame everyone else for your mistakes and problems. It is much easier than actually taking responsibility for your actions and being held accountable.

Give it up, fool....You've been handed your head...sew it back on and find a safe-place to have a nice cry.
Exactly. You can't responsibility for your actions. Just typing and proclaiming that you are the winner when you have no facts to support any of your false claims or any reasonable logic behind your false claims doesn't amount to anything.

You lose the battle and your only response in "just give it up"

Glad to see that Bush was so successful with his war in Iraq!!!!! AHAHA!!! George Bush Sr won the Gulf War, that is what victory looks like... See the distinction. Bush Jr got his ass handed to him in Iraq and lost so bad that Iraq is considered one of the biggest failures in US History, and very few people disagree with that.

SO far the trade war hasn't really hurt the US, and it is hurting China somewhat.

BUT this is just the beginning and this thing looks set to escalate over the next year because China is not going to make any real concessions. This war looks to drag on and escalate and the damage it could do to our economy will increase. It is a very real possibility that this could cause a recession and continue to drag on for years.

If that were the case then Trump would have gotten us into another war that he totally mismanaged, fucked up, and can't win, just like Bush did

The war in Iraq started the same way and then before you knew it, we were bogged down in a total quagmire that we couldn't win, and that completely destabilized the entire region, with no end in sight. Bush made so many mistakes and terrible decisions in Iraq and the results proved that. The war in Iraq was one of the biggest blunders in US history and we have Bush to thank for that debacle and failure.

This trade war could take a turn for Iraq. I think Trump made a major mistake/blunder when he increased the tariffs a few weeks ago. At that time the tariffs were clearly hurting China, but not hurting the US that much so just be patient and sit back and let them damage China and not us, which will help us. Instead raising the tariffs to now 15% and 30% will start to hurt the US and could cause a recession. Also it seems like the tariffs are going to continue to go up, which will hurt us even more. Every move made in this trade war is very important, making the wrong move could make or break the entire outcome of the war.

This trade war could turn sour and then Trump will have passed off another losing war to his predecessor, just like Bush. Two peas in the failed president pod, notta a good look for the GOP.

It's already hurting the American consumer, and is plunging the rest of the world into a prerecession stance. The effects will really start to be felt during the Christmas shopping season in just another couple of months. The economy already slows in the winter months traditionally, especially in job hiring numbers, and will be more pronounced this winter, as the economy continues to slow, and China hardens it's stance even further.

Republicans know this, and are scared to death right now of Trump hurting their reelection chances next year.

SO far the trade war hasn't really hurt the US, and it is hurting China somewhat.

BUT this is just the beginning and this thing looks set to escalate over the next year because China is not going to make any real concessions. This war looks to drag on and escalate and the damage it could do to our economy will increase. It is a very real possibility that this could cause a recession and continue to drag on for years.

If that were the case then Trump would have gotten us into another war that he totally mismanaged, fucked up, and can't win, just like Bush did

The war in Iraq started the same way and then before you knew it, we were bogged down in a total quagmire that we couldn't win, and that completely destabilized the entire region, with no end in sight. Bush made so many mistakes and terrible decisions in Iraq and the results proved that. The war in Iraq was one of the biggest blunders in US history and we have Bush to thank for that debacle and failure.

This trade war could take a turn for Iraq. I think Trump made a major mistake/blunder when he increased the tariffs a few weeks ago. At that time the tariffs were clearly hurting China, but not hurting the US that much so just be patient and sit back and let them damage China and not us, which will help us. Instead raising the tariffs to now 15% and 30% will start to hurt the US and could cause a recession. Also it seems like the tariffs are going to continue to go up, which will hurt us even more. Every move made in this trade war is very important, making the wrong move could make or break the entire outcome of the war.

This trade war could turn sour and then Trump will have passed off another losing war to his predecessor, just like Bush. Two peas in the failed president pod, notta a good look for the GOP.
it is a drag on our economy.

You're playing the same game republicans have played for decades. All those bad polices were those other kind of republicans. Ten years from now you will be blaming it all on those stupid Trumpublicans and you were never in agreement with them. It's pretty handy to be able to just forget you were ever wrong.

You're a very negative individual. I suggest you go out for a walk, pet a dog, make a new friend, maybe get laid and have a great meal. Trust me.....if you expect trouble, problems, and nothing good to happen, that's what you'll get.

Lol.....what?

It's already hurting the American consumer, and is plunging the rest of the world into a prerecession stance. The effects will really start to be felt during the Christmas shopping season in just another couple of months. The economy already slows in the winter months traditionally, especially in job hiring numbers, and will be more pronounced this winter, as the economy continues to slow, and China hardens it's stance even further.

Republicans know this, and are scared to death right now of Trump hurting their reelection chances next year.

Aw, did Skrews get an owie on his finger? No inflation, wholesalers/retailers eating the tariff costs....profits were such they don't pass it along....consumer inflation index flat as a progressive steamrolled by MAGA.....You doom and gloomers ain't getting enough animal protein....lay off the tofu and kale and eat a real meal for a change.

Saddam Hussein will like your view, China is a shit hole country like Iraq ,if you treat a shit well,they will shit on you

You're a very negative individual. I suggest you go out for a walk, pet a dog, make a new friend, maybe get laid and have a great meal. Trust me.....if you expect trouble, problems, and nothing good to happen, that's what you'll get.
Excuse me if after all this time I have little faith in economic snake oil miracle cures that republicans always seem to be in love with. No one disputes that there were serious problems with doing business with China and that something needed to be done. The problem here is the clueless dolt who is running the show. He's going to fuck it up and we will end up worse off.

Excuse me if after all this time I have little faith in economic snake oil miracle cures that republicans always seem to be in love with. No one disputes that there were serious problems with doing business with China and that something needed to be done. The problem here is the clueless dolt who is running the show. He's going to fuck it up and we will end up worse off.

How so?

He is doing a fine job with confusion

Or maybe things work out better than before. Relax and enjoy the economy-I am.
Yea this is the problem. You have become too complacent and if we have a downturn you're going to get smoked... You are the same people that sat back and enjoyed the great 2006 economy... How'd that turn out for you??? Economies change very rapidly.

A good leader is able to anticipate the future. If this trade war turns into the war in Iraq you won't be relaxed at all. But hey at least you'll have these 2 good years? Ha!
These two years have set me for life-I have less than 5% in the market so I won't be hurt. I did not enjoy the 2006 economy even before the crash-Trump's economy is sounder.

Corporate welfare is alive and well in the US. Why couldn't this issue be adjusted via corporate welfare or infrastructure upgrades?

Lol.....what?
We already know what you're going to do when this trade war turns sour... blame the Democrats. That's what your side always does when it fucks up. According to you the War in Iraq is somehow the democrats fault, and Bush crashing the economy is somehow the democrats fault, despite one big fact. Bush was the "decider" he makes all the "decisions" -remember when Bush said that himself- and when those decisions are wrong and the results of those decisions are bad YOU take responsibility for those bad decisions. You don't pass off blame to others, it is your fault.

If you don't have the foresight to see how this trade war can turn bad and hurt the US and US economy, then you need to start learning real quick. I would advise you to stay away from the financial markets because you exemplify the type of person that loses everything, then blames the brokerage, liberals, everyone else and tries to sue the brokerage to get their money back. It happens.

I'm sure you thought the war in Iraq was going fine in 2003/2004. How'd that turn out for you? (exactly why I made this analogy)

When did lefties become the voice of anti-America? After they lost the last election? What's the purpose of claiming that "China will make no concessions" while offering no evidence to support the claim? It's easy, it's propaganda generated by foreign agents and willingly spread by the angry incoherent left.

Or maybe things work out better than before. Relax and enjoy the economy-I am.
Yea this is the problem. You have become too complacent and if we have a downturn you're going to get smoked... You are the same people that sat back and enjoyed the great 2006 economy... How'd that turn out for you??? Economies change very rapidly.

A good leader is able to anticipate the future. If this trade war turns into the war in Iraq you won't be relaxed at all. But hey at least you'll have these 2 good years? Ha!
These two years have set me for life-I have less than 5% in the market so I won't be hurt. I did not enjoy the 2006 economy even before the crash-Trump's economy is sounder.
Good work, maybe this trade war will get settled and you can make even more. Either way you're prepared for the future. Most people here can't see the potential danger ahead, just like in Iraq many years ago, hence the analogy.
You always have to leave a little piece on for more upside.

Last edited:
When did lefties become the voice of anti-America? After they lost the last election? What's the purpose of claiming that "China will make no concessions" while offering no evidence to support the claim? It's easy, it's propaganda generated by foreign agents and willingly spread by the angry incoherent left.
First off I'm not a "lefty"
Second off it is my opinion that China won't make any concessions because I think their strategy is to wait until the election and wait until the tariffs start hurting the US as this trade war drags on. If the US goes into a recession then we will be in big trouble and will have little leverage in negotiations. Do you think that China is going to make concessions and sign Trump's trade deal in a year? Very few people think that. Maybe it'll happen, but probably not.

I'm sure you thought the War in Iraq was going fine in 2003/2004 and we needed to "stay the course" and "endure the pain" How'd that turn out for you? There's my evidence... history repeats itself.

The reality is you haven't even considered the very real possibility that this trade war can turn sour and cause a US recession. At that point we would have another losing war with no end in sight, just like the War in Iraq was.

Forum List

Back