the tours

Sep 12, 2008
My boy got 90 percentile verbal and 65 percentile mat on his PSATS. He has been getting flattering letters from colleges around the country who are interested in his plans.

We are beginning the preliminary steps of getting him organized for college in fall of 2013. We are setting up dates to get the SAT and ACT taken care of, the FAFSA stuff, making lists of what he consideres important in a school.

One of the first steps taken today was to do a college tour of University of Oregon and Oregon State University. He found it all kind of overwhelming. He preferred University of Oregon during the tour.

He is looking for a school with a good psychology program and a fun band.

I am wondering if we should book a flight to some east coast school to see what that is like sometime next year.

Major issues right now are things like scholarships and the like. I am suggesting he look into schools with a strong ROTC program.

Anyway.... We need to do some research and look into how he can meet his goals.

It's hard to imagine he'd do better paying out of state tuition, Baruch. If you are interested, though, I have degrees at both the New York and Florida state university systems...I'd be happy to recommend schools in either one.

Congrats on Baruch Jr.'s great scores!

I am encouraging him to go a healthy distance so as to make him more independent. I just think that would be healtheir

Forum List

Back