The torture of Iraq men!

It's not any type of "moment of silence" that I am having trouble swallowing, it's the reasoning that you give that sounds fishy. Did the band playing announce "America's hurt pride and self-righteousness"? Did the crowd chant this?

Of course, the singer said what he said in Spanish, and what I gave you was a paraphrase, but yes, it was clear that he wanted five minutes of silence for the dead to come from America's response. Of course, the crowd didn't chant anything, though they cheered wildly at the end of the five minutes. I do remember hearing a blurb about it on a local alternative music radio show the following day, but of course I don't remember the exact date, and I wouldn't know where to begin looking for something like that. Like I said, if you want me to look for opinion pieices from that time period that express similar sentiments, I might be able to help you out, but a small time rock concert in 2001, I don't think I'll be able to find.

No offence taken, jim. Yes, I refer to organized musical events as concerts, regardless of the size (and my tendency is to avoid the stadium kind.) Sorry if I mislead you. No, it wasn't a sold out football stadium, but a small music venue, with maybe five hundred in the audience. So, that makes my story meaningless to you? well, okay. It was a pretty touching moment, and I didn't want to say much beyond that, except that the calls for giving vent to our anger and our need for revenge, I think are wrong-headed, and that concert was a poignant moment for me of the same sentiment. A vengeful America will find it's enemies multipying, not decreasing.

Ok, I'll take back the meaningless comment, as thats left up to the individual recipient.

Let me just say that what a few hundred people think while drinking and rocking their heads to a "concert" doesn't do much for me. We have rock stars and celebrities here that like to use their time in the spotlight to extend their views to anyone that will listen. Their careers tend to be hurt from this and the criticism is usually far and wide.

The Dixie Chicks tried the same thing in bashing Bush. All they accomplished after the few seconds of cheers they got was their music boycotted and concert sales dropping.

I personally go to concerts and movies to hear music or take in a flick, not hear someone elses view on politics. Most of the bands and actress's that do this are trying to boost their sales.

The Amercian goverment has invaded iraq for two reasons!#1 oil,the reserves under Iraq is one of the largest in the world and the baath party was not viewed as stable enough to protect these reseves from militant islamic control.After the recession of 911 the goverment could not afford to let there be a destableization in the oil market so we took steps to control a uncontrolable situation! #2 With the war on terror being on the outher side of the world and the us haveing so very few allies in the region we needed a (BOO) or base of operations!When we "leave Iraq" the oil industry will have a substantual hand in the world oil reserves and the goverment will have a military base which will be able to attack many unstablized reagons in the area!Don't get me wrong people I hate the pain and suffering of these people but common sense tells me that if North Korea which has one of the very worst human rights records,has envaded a friendly country to its south,and not only has nuculer weapons but has restarted its weapons program while threatning the us with a preemptive attack,if these people can stay in power while we search the sand for a reason to be in Iraq then the american people will be led unto total goverment control like lambs unto the slaughter

Forum List

Back