The top 3 Villains

hmmmmmmmm

I get accused of the same things

My big disappointment (and most of what I know about him) is that he and Jerry Falwell took back what they said about God and 911.

I do think God has and will be removing His hand of protection from this nation as we further collapse into moral decline

collapse, heck we've been begging for judgment

hmmmmmmmm

My big disappointment (and most of what I know about him) is that he and Jerry Falwell took back what they said about God and 911.

I do think God has and will be removing His hand of protection from this nation as we further collapse into moral decline

I don't disagree.

However, the way I see it is that his job as a Christian is to be a witness for Christ and to draw others to Christ; yet, he does a much better job of shoving people away.

He has allowed politics to become his stumbling block.

I once donated some money (not a lot) to the 700 Club. The propaganda I received afterwords was astonishing and every bit of it included, "please send more money".

Immie

Mr. Obama is to stupid to be evil. He has great deal of power, but that is temporary.

Products of their upbringing:

Mr. Reid
Mrs. Pelosi
Barney Frank
George Soros
Mr. and Mrs. Bill Clinton
Barbara Boxer
Diane Finstein

and a majority of those on the left.

They are no more evil then a shark that eats a human. Blind hunger is a condition that cannot be considered true evil, just sad.

Now, the top three true evils...

1. Adolph Hitler. Proof that a belief in the State above all other things simply cannot be condoned by moral, rational, thinking people.

2. Karl Marx. Proof that not only puppies who are weaned to early suck on a blanket or any other 'teat' fixation to feel secure.

I'll have to get back to you on number 3. There are a number of ties and I have to give it more thought.

hmmmmmmmm

I don't disagree.

However, the way I see it is that his job as a Christian is to be a witness for Christ and to draw others to Christ; yet, he does a much better job of shoving people away.

He has allowed politics to become his stumbling block.

I once donated some money (not a lot) to the 700 Club. The propaganda I received afterwords was astonishing and every bit of it included, "please send more money".

Immie

Yeah, I know, I've seen money corrupt a lot of good people, probably why Christ cautioned us against it...not money but the love of money

But as far as pushing people away, ever notice in the Old Testament that most of the prophets were not all that popular. The real ones spoke the truth, which was often a warning. Jeremiah especially.

Only the pastors that corrupt the truth to fit the world's ways seem to be all that popular in the world.

But we were told it would be so, and it is.

Mr. Obama is to stupid to be evil. He has great deal of power, but that is temporary.

Mr. Reid
Mrs. Pelosi
Barney Frank
George Soros
Barbara Boxer
Diane Finstein

They are no more evil then a shark that eats a human. Blind hunger is a condition that cannot be considered true evil, just sad.

1. Adolph Hitler. Proof that a belief in the State above all other things simply cannot be condoned by moral, rational, thinking people.

2. Karl Marx. Proof that not only puppies who are weaned to early suck on a blanket or any other 'teat' fixation to feel secure.

I'll have to get back to you on number 3. There are a number of ties and I have to give it more thought.

True but don't you think Obama is just a spokesperson for some very devious principalities?

Mr. Reid
Mrs. Pelosi
Barney Frank
George Soros
Barbara Boxer
Diane Finstein

True but don't you think Obama is just a spokesperson for some very devious principalities?
I think that Mr. Obama was and still is, just seeking to put his name in the history books. No more, no less.

This he has accomplished. Now he is just going through the motions and trying to pay back those who got him there.

I often hear a lot about "Obama's" healthcare. But the reality is, Mr. Obama is not writing any bill on healthcare. Congress is.
And the Congress we have now, while ignorant and power hungry, are not truly evil. They are just products of their upbringing.

It is those that shape the philosophy of the progressive and believe that others should serve the state that are the true evil. The rest are just mislead sheep.

Okay emmie but as far as I'm concerned the whole damn prosperity theology crowd is going to hell and so will anyone else that puts lies in the mouth of God. That being said, before anyone can be forgiven they must first be brought to repentance and that isn't man's job but God's. It's God who changes hearts and it isn't because of anything I have done will do or am doing that I will one day enter into heaven, Godly works are a result of a salvation long ago secured, not the coin by which salvation is purchased. Until people understand that and its full ramifications they cannot truly understand Christianity. By the way just in case you're the unitarian sort if everyone is going to heaven then Christ lied at least twice.

Okay emmie but as far as I'm concerned the whole damn prosperity theology crowd is going to hell and so will anyone else that puts lies in the mouth of God. That being said, before anyone can be forgiven they must first be brought to repentance and that isn't man's job but God's. It's God who changes hearts and it isn't because of anything I have done will do or am doing that I will one day enter into heaven, Godly works are a result of a salvation long ago secured, not the coin by which salvation is purchased. Until people understand that and its full ramifications they cannot truly understand Christianity. By the way just in case you're the unitarian sort if everyone is going to heaven then Christ lied at least twice.

garyd, I don't see emmie on this thread, are you talking to me?

I know what you're saying, bless you garyd :)

I think this was addressed to me, but since I use an I instead of an E, I'm not positive.

As for the Prosperity Theology Crowd, I fully agree. Are they even Christian?

JenT mentioned the prophets of the Old Testament and I must admit to having thought about the prophets as I was typing my post. As I was typing that I couldn't stand Pat Robertson because he pushed people away from Christ, I was thinking about Isaiah and Jeremiah. But IMHO, Pat Robertson doesn't push people away from Christ because he is preaching God's Word, but rather because of his unforgiving nature. He doesn't display the attitude of a prophet. In fact, he would be much closer to the Pharisees of Jesus' times than a prophet from the Old Testament.

That being said, before anyone can be forgiven they must first be brought to repentance and that isn't man's job but God's. It's God who changes hearts and it isn't because of anything I have done will do or am doing that I will one day enter into heaven, Godly works are a result of a salvation long ago secured, not the coin by which salvation is purchased.

I so appreciate the way that you wrote that. The usual way that people write something like that is that one must repent in order to be saved and Pat Robertson is guilty of this as well which is part of the issue. When putting in the manner of "you must repent first", it is as if there is something that you have to do in order to be saved. The way you put it is the way I see it. We cannot repent unless God brings us to repentance.

As for me being an Unitarian, no, I am a Lutheran. Although it would be my desire to see all man come to repentance and to find God, the Bible clearly points out that this will not be the case. I don't fully understand God's plan since he says that it would be his desire to see all men repent, but clearly he shows that not all will and I trust that what God has in store for mankind will work out for good.

Immie

Last edited:
JenT mentioned the prophets of the Old Testament and I must admit to having thought about the prophets as I was typing my post. As I was typing that I couldn't stand Pat Robertson because he pushed people away from Christ, I was thinking about Isaiah and Jeremiah. But IMHO, Pat Robertson doesn't push people away from Christ because he is preaching God's Word, but rather because of his unforgiving nature. He doesn't display the attitude of a prophet. In fact, he would be much closer to the Pharisees of Jesus' times than a prophet from the Old Testament.

Immie

I've only seen him a handful of times while flipping channels, he's never seemed like a fire and brimstone kinda guy but then I don't know him all that well.

I know we're supposed to judge fruit, and whenever I see other Christians acting very unChristlike, I remind myself that God is still working on all of us, that the fruit of today is probably better than it was yesterday and not as good as tomorrows. So you can't just superficially look at somebody's fruit, heck looking at my own life testifies to that.

But I never saw a Pat Robertson that seemed unforgiving. I've always assumed Christians criticize him because the world does so it's easier.

But then, it was easier for Peter to deny Christ on the night He was betrayed.

I always wondered why that was such a big deal. I mean, Peter had picked up a sword and was trying to take on a thousand soldiers to defend Christ, and Christ told him to put his sword away. The emotions that led Peter to the point of taking on so many had to be HUGE, then to have the object of his defense tell him to put his sword away, those emotions had to be intense and confused. That contradiction must have torn Peter in two which is exactly when satan tempted him to deny Christ...it was bad but I have empathy for Peter, and I always wondered why it was SO lambasted by pastors.

And then I had "friends" that I thought I was close to, turn on me when I was being kicked around.

Serious ouch.

I kinda think that's how Christians treat Pat Robertson, but I could be wrong.

Everything that Pat Robertson gets he's paid for in spades. Not to mention hearts diamonds and clubs. This clown essentially started the whole properity theology craze. And sorry Immie, I keep thinking emmanuel for some reason;)

Immie

I've only seen him a handful of times while flipping channels, he's never seemed like a fire and brimstone kinda guy but then I don't know him all that well.

I know we're supposed to judge fruit, and whenever I see other Christians acting very unChristlike, I remind myself that God is still working on all of us, that the fruit of today is probably better than it was yesterday and not as good as tomorrows. So you can't just superficially look at somebody's fruit, heck looking at my own life testifies to that.

But I never saw a Pat Robertson that seemed unforgiving. I've always assumed Christians criticize him because the world does so it's easier.

I always wondered why that was such a big deal. I mean, Peter had picked up a sword and was trying to take on a thousand soldiers to defend Christ, and Christ told him to put his sword away. The emotions that led Peter to the point of taking on so many had to be HUGE, then to have the object of his defense tell him to put his sword away, those emotions had to be intense and confused. That contradiction must have torn Peter in two which is exactly when satan tempted him to deny Christ...it was bad but I have empathy for Peter, and I always wondered why it was SO lambasted by pastors.

And then I had "friends" that I thought I was close to, turn on me when I was being kicked around.

Serious ouch.

In my humble opinion, Pat Robertson has put politics ahead of his faith. He has put the Republican Party first and foremost in his life. I believe that he is a Christian. However, no Christian is perfect. I do not mean to sound as if I am judging his faith, but I can only tell you that when I look at him, I see a man who claims to be a pastor, yet cares more for the Republican Party than he does for the Word of God.

I must say that I do not believe that politics and faith mix all that well together. It is like when Christ said that you cannot serve to masters. One you will love the other you will hate. I do not believe that Pat Robertson hates Christ, but I will tell you that I feel that fame and fortune have interfered with his life. As another example of someone who has put politics ahead of faith I would use James Dodson. Now there was a man that I really admired. I listened to his broadcasts every day and couldn't wait to hear him. But gradually, he became more popular and politics and fame began to interfere with the faithful message he spoke. Now, I won't even listen to him anymore. :(

Have you ever watched faith healers in action? Do you believe their acts? Slap someone on the forehead, they pass out and when they come to, they are magically... whoops strike that... faithfully healed. The faith healer tell the audience, "you just need to have a little faith". Do you know what that does to the person sitting in the back struggling with a disease and questioning their faith? Let's put it this way, they don't get healed and their faith ends up in serious jeopardy.

Well, I have watched Pat Robertson pray for people claiming that he knew there was a person out there that had such and such a problem and that now because Pat was praying for that person the person was healed. He was acting as if he were a faith healer and it turned me off. Prayer doesn't work that way. Pat is a charletan sp?, a pretender in that manner. And what does that do to the person watching the 700 Club and then praying faithfully for a family member when the family member dies of cancer? Prayer doesn't work that way and Pat Robertson makes you think it does so when you pray for a loved one... just like Reverend Robertson does, and your loved one dies... well you just didn't have enough faith. That is bull shit! God called your loved one home because it was in God's will that it would be done. It had nothing to do with how much faith you had.

And if you were speaking about me as a Christian acting unChristlike (I did not take offense to it) please forgive me. I'm just saying what is on my heart here. I don't hate Pat Robertson. I simply see TV Evangelism as a detriment to faith.

God is working on all of us. Me included. To be honest with you, I am not even sure why I am typing this to you. I don't know you and I can't for the life of me, explain why I am saying these things to you. Who knows maybe there is someone out there that will read this that it will help.

God Bless,

Immie

Everything that Pat Robertson gets he's paid for in spades. Not to mention hearts diamonds and clubs. This clown essentially started the whole properity theology craze. And sorry Immie, I keep thinking emmanuel for some reason;)

Not a problem.

And I am glad to know that I am not the only one that sees Pat Robertson in that light.

Immie

# 1 - Ronald Reagan

Why?
He was an idiot, and he evaded serving in WWII.

# 2 - G. Bush, Junior

Why?
He was a coward in that he evaded service in Vietnam, he was the greatest mass murderer in the history of the US in that he sent 155 men to their death in Texas state run death factories.

# 3 - John McCain

Why?
He tried to be Preisdent even though he collabortaed with the enemy while a POW in Vietnam. The man is a disgrace.

Yukon I was wondering when you would dazzle us with your intellect. Sadly, to date it has not happened. Just more lies of Brobdinagian proportions.

Immie

Serious ouch.

In my humble opinion, Pat Robertson has put politics ahead of his faith. He has put the Republican Party first and foremost in his life. I believe that he is a Christian. However, no Christian is perfect. I do not mean to sound as if I am judging his faith, but I can only tell you that when I look at him, I see a man who claims to be a pastor, yet cares more for the Republican Party than he does for the Word of God.

I must say that I do not believe that politics and faith mix all that well together. It is like when Christ said that you cannot serve to masters. One you will love the other you will hate. I do not believe that Pat Robertson hates Christ, but I will tell you that I feel that fame and fortune have interfered with his life. As another example of someone who has put politics ahead of faith I would use James Dodson. Now there was a man that I really admired. I listened to his broadcasts every day and couldn't wait to hear him. But gradually, he became more popular and politics and fame began to interfere with the faithful message he spoke. Now, I won't even listen to him anymore. :(

Have you ever watched faith healers in action? Do you believe their acts? Slap someone on the forehead, they pass out and when they come to, they are magically... whoops strike that... faithfully healed. The faith healer tell the audience, "you just need to have a little faith". Do you know what that does to the person sitting in the back struggling with a disease and questioning their faith? Let's put it this way, they don't get healed and their faith ends up in serious jeopardy.

Well, I have watched Pat Robertson pray for people claiming that he knew there was a person out there that had such and such a problem and that now because Pat was praying for that person the person was healed. He was acting as if he were a faith healer and it turned me off. Prayer doesn't work that way. Pat is a charletan sp?, a pretender in that manner. And what does that do to the person watching the 700 Club and then praying faithfully for a family member when the family member dies of cancer? Prayer doesn't work that way and Pat Robertson makes you think it does so when you pray for a loved one... just like Reverend Robertson does, and your loved one dies... well you just didn't have enough faith. That is bull shit! God called your loved one home because it was in God's will that it would be done. It had nothing to do with how much faith you had.

And if you were speaking about me as a Christian acting unChristlike (I did not take offense to it) please forgive me. I'm just saying what is on my heart here. I don't hate Pat Robertson. I simply see TV Evangelism as a detriment to faith.

God is working on all of us. Me included. To be honest with you, I am not even sure why I am typing this to you. I don't know you and I can't for the life of me, explain why I am saying these things to you. Who knows maybe there is someone out there that will read this that it will help.

God Bless,

Immie

I know what you mean, but I just trust that God knows who is sincere and who isn't. I always hesitate to call someone a charlatan, I don't know if God is using them or not. Can you imagine what would happen to John the Baptist if he showed up today yelling at everyone to repent? Do you know how many Christians would feel it was their job to approach him and tell him his approach is all wrong, that he's turning people off to God? So I try to never go there because I don't think we know how God is using others. Even (deleting well known names that seem SO in it for the money. God knows).

and oh no, Immie, I wasn't talking about you at all! I was just rambling myself, sorry :) Good to meet you!~

I remember flipping channels one night when my son was about ten or twelve and encountering Binny Hin for the first time. He was doing his faith healing act and my son looked at me and asked Dad, How come when Jesus healed 'em they got up and ran around prasing god and when this guy heals em they fall down like there dead?

I know what you mean, but I just trust that God knows who is sincere and who isn't. I always hesitate to call someone a charlatan, I don't know if God is using them or not. Can you imagine what would happen to John the Baptist if he showed up today yelling at everyone to repent? Do you know how many Christians would feel it was their job to approach him and tell him his approach is all wrong, that he's turning people off to God? So I try to never go there because I don't think we know how God is using others. Even (deleting well known names that seem SO in it for the money. God knows).

and oh no, Immie, I wasn't talking about you at all! I was just rambling myself, sorry :) Good to meet you!~

Romans 16:17-18
17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

2 Corinthians 11:3-5
3But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles."

When someone is preaching a gospel other than Christ i.e. Prosperity Theology then I feel that it is up to those who believe in Christ to correct them. I do not believe that Pat Robertson even realizes that he may have strayed from the Gospel, but when listening to him, I find it impossible to find the true Gospel being preached.

Immie

Forum List

Back