The top 1% get 93% of income growth: Bloomberg

Rshermr

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
LaConner, WA
So, listening to the cons on this board, you would think that the whining employees of this country, the lazy middle class, are completely at fault for their economic reality. This article looks at the issue from a non partial point of view.

Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened - Bloomberg

So, maybe a good look at what is being said in this study can generate some discussion. Over the years, my reading of the subject of income distribution heavily weighted to the top is a really really good indication of the end of the reign of leading economies.

But always, always, the wealthy fight any changes, clear to the bitter end.

The other question that comes to mind is obvious. Is this the country that you expected to see, and is it the economy that you want to live with.

Outcome is not guaranteed, for ANYONE.. and with freedom, comes positives and negatives.. I will still take the freedom over government or the greedy progressives trying to regulate or limit what a person can earn

Me too.

Glad we agree.

I think I should freely be able to beat the shit out of my boss without interference from the coppers if I think he's to greedy.

And we also have more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism than ever before.

I've had an epiphany!....We need more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism to solve the issue!

Me too!

We need less rules..and less interference from the government when we haul a robber baron out of his house, pour pitch and feathers on him..and hang him from the nearest street lamp.

Outcome is not guaranteed, for ANYONE.. and with freedom, comes positives and negatives.. I will still take the freedom over government or the greedy progressives trying to regulate or limit what a person can earn

Me too.

Glad we agree.

I think I should freely be able to beat the shit out of my boss without interference from the coppers if I think he's to greedy.

Yeah... :rolleyes:

So I guess you then support workers in this country beating the shit out of the greedy entitlement junkies who believe they are owed the fruits of someone else's labor

This is a bit I posted on another thread:

There's a good CBO report on this issued May 16, 2012 called "Trends In The Distribution Of Household Income, 1979-2007" CBO | Trends in the Distribution of Household Income Between 1979 and 2007
I don't seem to be able to copy the cool looking graph, but you can get that from the link to the report.

Quote: Originally Posted by _CBO"
CBO finds that, between 1979 and 2007, income grew by:

275 percent for the top 1 percent of households,
65 percent for the next 19 percent,
Just under 40 percent for the next 60 percent, and
18 percent for the bottom 20 percent.

The upshot is that over the last 28 years real income has grown faster for the top 1% than everyone else, which is why I conclude that income inequality is increasing.

And we also have more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism than ever before.

I've had an epiphany!....We need more rules, regulations, restrictions, bureaucracy and crony capitalism to solve the issue!

Me too!

We need less rules..and less interference from the government when we haul a robber baron out of his house, pour pitch and feathers on him..and hang him from the nearest street lamp.
Had a clearance on straw today at the farm and fleet, did they? :rofl:

Me too!

Had a clearance on straw today at the farm and fleet, did they? :rofl:
Cornered the market.

Just tryin' to make a buck.

:cool:

How much can I put you in for..since it seems you are running out.

Last edited:

Me too!

Like you would ever actually have the balls to do that, internet tough guy.

Work on intimidating girl scouts first, thats probably more to your level.

Me too.

Glad we agree.

beating up people is illegal. Since when is making money legally illegal?

This is a bit I posted on another thread:

There's a good CBO report on this issued May 16, 2012 called "Trends In The Distribution Of Household Income, 1979-2007" CBO | Trends in the Distribution of Household Income Between 1979 and 2007
I don't seem to be able to copy the cool looking graph, but you can get that from the link to the report.

Quote: Originally Posted by _CBO"
CBO finds that, between 1979 and 2007, income grew by:

275 percent for the top 1 percent of households,
65 percent for the next 19 percent,
Just under 40 percent for the next 60 percent, and
18 percent for the bottom 20 percent.

The upshot is that over the last 28 years real income has grown faster for the top 1% than everyone else, which is why I conclude that income inequality is increasing.
That is what I have been seeing for a number of years. Scary stuff, if you actually try to understand it. But the information that I got from books about the subject, really boreing books, by the way, was that this growth in income distribution is:
1. One of the best indications that an economy is likely to flush itself.
2. A great indication that revolution will result as people really start to pay attention to how the pie is divided.
3. And a phenomenon that is hard to reverse as the very very rich gain more and more control of the economy.

The fact that the conservatives believe that it is a good thing indicates that the education process has been successful, at least to the believers.

So, cons see no issue. Correct?

Considering even our poor people have TV's, cars, and are often overweight due to TOO MUCH food, not really.
Let me see if I understand you, Marty. You are actually saying that since the poor mostly buy tv's and stuff, from china in this case, and eat too much, in your opinion, shows that there is no problem here. Correct, Marty.

Wow. Profound, really profound.

So, cons see no issue. Correct?

Considering even our poor people have TV's, cars, and are often overweight due to TOO MUCH food, not really.
Let me see if I understand you, Marty. You are actually saying that since the poor mostly buy tv's and stuff, from china in this case, and eat too much, in your opinion, shows that there is no problem here. Correct, Marty.

Wow. Profound, really profound.

The issue is that money makes money, so people with more money to start making more money than people with less of it makes sense.

Unless you start a program where you take the money from the rich and give it directly to the poor, the only "transfer" going on is to mid to high level federal burecrats and thier salaries. Then those new members of the "elite" distribute just enough to the poor snd others to buy thier votes, and keep thier power.

Its a simple game to figure out once you see it.

Forum List

Back