The Tonight Show....Gone?

-=d=- said:
You have the edge, though, in terms of 'who has a better haircut'?
That is soooo true. Who does Conan's hair? He ranks right up there with Trump.

Just kidding...however I stopped watching "The Tonight show" when Johnny left...he was actually a WWII Army Air Corp Vet...he got my attention...not the comedians of late! :laugh: not really!

-=d=- said:
... They try to use hyperbole and ranting and raving and complaining about things in an effort to get people on 'their' side of an issue.

Nice twist D...What I said in the first post was...
I think he's a childish buffoon and will totally kill "The Tonight Show" as we've known it for so long.
I also said he's an idiot, I'll stick by all that.

-=d=- said:
That, at least, is respectable. Conan is hired to do a job. That job is to help increase a company's revenue. He does that job better than 'you' or 'I' could do. Plus....he's very....VERY....funny.

:)

He's funny all right. As funny as a truck load of dead babies!!

Mr. P said:
Nice twist D...What I said in the first post was...
I also said he's an idiot, I'll stick by all that.

Twist? what the hell are you reading?

You claimed he's an idiot - I replied to that, You asked me what I was talking about (what's my point? Remember typing that?), so I showed both replies in context - I clearly typed 'my point' and now you say I twisted something?

wow.

As much as I hate quoting Dr Evil: "You just don't get it, do you? You don't."

:(

Conan attended Harvard: he's not an idiot.

I love his show. Him personally, I can take or leave, his interviewing skills need work, but you also gotta realize that he's not taking over the Tonight Show for, what, four, five years? He has time to make that better. As far as his monologue, I think the jokes are purposely bad, to make fun of opening monologues. The little "desk bits" he does after that, though, are brilliant. If you doubt the genius of Conan's writers, try to find the Triumph vs. Star Wars Geeks video clip, it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on network TV.

The writing on his show is brilliant. I'm not sure if Robert Smigel (TV Funhouse) still works on it or not, but he and Conan are two of the brightest comedy writers working today. Bob Odenkirk and Dino Stamatopoulos (Mr. Show) also have contributed stuff.

Honestly, I think Conan's show is the best, most intelligent, most edgy late-night talk show out there. He has at least two or three jokes in his skits that make me laugh out loud, which is more than Leno has in the 13 years he's been on the air.

-=d=- said:
Twist? what the hell are you reading?

You claimed he's an idiot - I replied to that, You asked me what I was talking about (what's my point? Remember typing that?), so I showed both replies in context - I clearly typed 'my point' and now you say I twisted something?

wow.

As much as I hate quoting Dr Evil: "You just don't get it, do you? You don't."

:(
Whatever D...have ya noticed you are the only one that seems to like this moron?

Oh missed Dans post...two of you..Great for ratings..yep..

Mr. P said:
Whatever D...have ya noticed you are the only one that seems to like this moron?

Translation:

"Oh...you are right. I haven't a clue. My Bad. I'll try to follow along better in the future."

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan

And rtwngAvngr too. Of course, obviously Conan's getting terrible ratings, that's why he's taking over the Tonight Show. :wtf:

I just thank all the little gods every day that Joan Rivers didn't get it after Johnny, it could have happened she "guested" more often than any other.

I just thank all the little gods every day that Joan Rivers didn't get it after Johnny, it could have happened she "guested" more often than any other.

I agree with that.

I also forgot to mention that Conan wrote episodes of the Simpsons during its peak period (season 5-8, roughly).

no1tovote4 said:
Ain't that the truth...But after the big falling-out her and Carson had that wasn't going to happen anyway.

conan obrien ......hmmmmmmmmmmm i will watch that as often as i watch leno........do morons think idiots are smart?

I think Conan is great, although I agree his hosting skills are lacking. He wrote for the Simpsons too, makes him A.O.K in my book. :D

Did anyone see the one where he went to Northern Ireland? He was showing people of a picture of what was supposed to be his father as a child, but had Conan's head "photoshopped" onto a child's body. :D

Forum List

Back