The tipping point

p kirkes

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2006
NW Louisiana
We all have, I suppose, heard of this new lexicon, the Tipping Point, in reference to global warming.

Meaning, when the environment reaches the Tipping Point any further actions on man's part will be inconsequential.

In reference to our country are we near or at the tipping point where no matter what government does now, it's too late to save the country from disintergration?

I am very worried that our kids and grandkids will be left a smoking hole in the ground (figuretively speaking, in some areas maybe literally).

Our infrastruction is rapidly crumbling, medicare and social security are insolvent, the Armed Forces are costing more with less capability, the trade deficent and the national debt are a major drag on the economy, the absurdness of political selection process, the unbridled immigration of a people who owe no alligence to this country, the abysmal health of our citizens and whew, I could go on all day.

Tell me my fears are overblown, that everything will be alright if we just elect a Hillary, Obama, McCain, Mitt, Ron, Huckaby, Fred, or a Rudy.

I feel like a helpless prawn being swept away by foreboding forces over which we the people have no control.

We all have, I suppose, heard of this new lexicon, the Tipping Point, in reference to global warming.

Meaning, when the environment reaches the Tipping Point any further actions on man's part will be inconsequential.

In reference to our country are we near or at the tipping point where no matter what government does now, it's too late to save the country from disintergration?

I am very worried that our kids and grandkids will be left a smoking hole in the ground (figuretively speaking, in some areas maybe literally).

Our infrastruction is rapidly crumbling, medicare and social security are insolvent, the Armed Forces are costing more with less capability, the trade deficent and the national debt are a major drag on the economy, the absurdness of political selection process, the unbridled immigration of a people who owe no alligence to this country, the abysmal health of our citizens and whew, I could go on all day.

Tell me my fears are overblown, that everything will be alright if we just elect a Hillary, Obama, McCain, Mitt, Ron, Huckaby, Fred, or a Rudy.

I feel like a helpless prawn being swept away by foreboding forces over which we the people have no control.

I see our political, economic, cultural systems (and other systems) acting as a pendulum. It is ever adjusting. When America becomes too liberal, it elects conservatives. When it becomes too conservative, it elects liberals. The 2000 election was close. The same will happen with environmental causes. If we think that the environmental regulations are too strict and costly, they will be loosened. If we think that the environment is getting too polluted, laws will be created and strengthened to restrict pollution. We are becoming more socially liberal. Several decades ago we would have never imagined civil unions for homosexuals. Now a few states are legislating it. Yet, we still have taboos. Some things just seem so heinous to so many people that it will be a very long time before it is ever allowed. We experimented with alcohol. It was legal for a while. Then we thought that it should be illegal. Then we went back to legalizing it. (See Prohibition.) We adjust the drinking age from time to time and from state to state. As far as I’m concerned, it all adjusts in the long run. If we grow increasingly opposed to this type of administration, wait a few years and it will change.

Its all over dude! While we all do the slow fry and everything gets worse, and the sand box is in process of self destructing, all the big kids in the sand box want to be the last one standing and be king.

p kirkes wrote:

Hey, I'll help you out.

Your fears are overblown, everything will be alright if we just elect a Hillary, Obama, McCain, Mitt, Ron, Huckaby, Fred, or a Rudy.

There ya go. Hope it helped!!! :)

p kirkes wrote:

Hey, I'll help you out.

Your fears are overblown, everything will be alright if we just elect a Hillary, Obama, McCain, Mitt, Ron, Huckaby, Fred, or a Rudy.

There ya go. Hope it helped!!! :)

If one of them gets elected and the general public thinks that he or she is doing a bad job, then he or she will get voted out of office soon enough. As foolish and ignorant as Carter was, he didn’t destroy America during his term. As corrupt as Bill Clinton was, he did not leave America irreparable. In the worst case scenario (for die-hard Republican conservatives), Hillary wins, raises taxes, and gives us universal health care, and cuts our military. The results will be seen soon enough as (supposedly) our economy goes down hill, we wait for months for critical care, and we become less of a superpower. Well, if she is bad enough, America will shift to the right and vote in an administration that will reverse the course that Hillary set.

America is flexible and can absorb some big punches. It can bounce back. It bounced back from Carter’s high tax brackets and oil embargos. It recovered from Reagan’s administration and “Iran-Contra”. It recovered from Bush Sr’s “no new taxes” lie. It recovered from Clinton’s shenanigans. It will recover from Bush Jr’s Iraq war and it will recover from any radical leftist policy brought by today’s Democrats. Trust me. America will remain and life will go on.

Forum List

Back