The tiniest frog I've ever found in the yard

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
He did not want to hold still for me to take his picture so I had to retrieve a bowl from the kitchen and a piece of paper to get a good snapshot of him.

Attachments

• $tiny  frog 1220x1461.jpg
    $tiny frog 1220x1461.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 118
  • $tiny frog on dime 1220x1461.jpg
    $tiny frog on dime 1220x1461.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Thanks! It is the first time I've seen one that small.

That is so cool! What are you going to do with the little guy? Were there others like him around?

Wow! Kiss him and see what he, or she, turns into! Something that small has to have a big reward!

I wonder how it can be that small, it's literally lowing my mind right now as I twiddle a dime in my hand. To think a frog could sit easily on it, is crazy.

Got to watch out and not hurt the little fellah.

I was looking at some of the small trees we have growing up in the yard and I saw it jump. I thought it was a light bug. Rod was getting ready to mow so I was going to get it and set it over in the flower beds so it would not get ran over by the mower.

That is so cool! What are you going to do with the little guy? Were there others like him around?
I set him over in the flower bed so he won't get ran over. I've never seen the little brown ones that small before with the suction cup feet. When we moved here there were millions of green ones every where, I mean every where, climbing up the walls, in the house and outside. I used to catch them and put them outside. They were about as big as an egg yolk half. Never saw them real little though.

I just showed this pic to my daughter, she told me to tell you

"DON'T STEP ON THE FROG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_pray:

I'll check the pond in the front tomorrow and see if there are any tadpoles in there. I saw a one the other day with the back legs out (I think it was a leopard frog and it was a bigger than this one even as a tadpole). We normally have leopard frogs and green bull frogs tadpoles in the pond. The leopard frogs hatch a few days before the bull frogs. I'll try to catch some pics of what ever is still growing in the little pond.

In the pond found one tadpole like the little frog, one very ugly water bug, one dragonfly?

Here are the pics of the tadpole.. The Bullfrogs and Leopard frog tads are all gone from the pond from what I found out there. There were some eggs of something not sure what comes next.

Attachments

• $tadpole closeup.jpg
    $tadpole closeup.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 135
  • $tadpole looking for a way out.jpg
    $tadpole looking for a way out.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 122
  • $Tadpole escaping.jpg
    $Tadpole escaping.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 149

Forum List

Back