The Timing of the Cain Made Up Sexual Harassment Controversy

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Couldn't be any better!

First, it's two months from Iowa. The shock and awe effect will be over. The justifiable talks of how poorly he handle it (which he did), will be a distant memory when he is still leading in the polls. Much like the shock and awe effect of the Rev Wright controversy was over when the general elections came around so will this made up controversy be when Cain is hammering Obama on the economy!

Last edited:
why would cain admit to a made up controversy?

and you can be sure that perry and romney will spend millions in advertising to make sure it is not fogotten during the primary voting........

and you can be sure that perry and romney will spend millions in advertising to make sure it is not fogotten during the primary voting........

Yea right you think they are going to do attack ads like that? No way it would backfire on them. It might hurt Cain, but it would backfire on them. I doubt Romney would do it. I think the mental midget from Texas would thought as he leaked the story, but Perry is so done. I think this poor performance running for President might lose him the governor seat in Texas!

I suspect Cain is cooked too (as in stick a fork in him). Whether he acted inappropriately with two or three women years ago is an issue he might survive, his blunders of late maybe fatal. The comment on China and nuclear power should make any Cain supporter pause, and Cain's reaction to any form of criticism is reflective of Richard Nixon. He does not appear to have the temperament for the big job.

Sexual harassment, violating campaign finance laws......

It's funny how all the attention is on the sexual harassment.

Cain's violation of campaign finance laws is a felony.

Yea right you think they are going to do attack ads like that? No way it would backfire on them. It might hurt Cain, but it would backfire on them. I doubt Romney would do it. I think the mental midget from Texas would thought as he leaked the story, but Perry is so done. I think this poor performance running for President might lose him the governor seat in Texas!

if perry .. or his super pac.... doesnt do the attack ads, romney.. or his super pac..... definately will......

right now, romeny is sitting back and letting the competition destroy each other, but as it gets closer to the voting, romney will start attacking whoever is the threat......

i doubt perry will lose his governorship... the people of texas know that the governor has no power (they stripped the position of all power during reconstruction and gave it to the lt governor) and will have no problem letting him be the mascot........

The whole thing stinks as far as I'm concerned.

Guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

Folks will believe as they wish.

I suspect Cain is cooked too (as in stick a fork in him). Whether he acted inappropriately with two or three women years ago is an issue he might survive, his blunders of late maybe fatal. The comment on China and nuclear power should make any Cain supporter pause, and Cain's reaction to any form of criticism is reflective of Richard Nixon. He does not appear to have the temperament for the big job.

First, the guy is posting record donations, which indicates to me people aren't buying the frivolous claims. We will see next week what happens.
Second, the China nuke attack on Cain is more bullshit. Just like people don't think Obama meant there were 57 states when he misspoke, Cain used poor choice of words. China is actively upgrading their outdated nukes. That is a fact and that is what Cain was presenting. If you ready think Cain didn't know China had nukes then I feel sorry for you.

You lefts can only hope you knock Cain out of the race by a frivolous non-issue, because Obama's scandel plagued path will be a field day for Cain, if Obama opens that door!

if perry .. or his super pac.... doesnt do the attack ads, romney.. or his super pac..... definately will......

right now, romeny is sitting back and letting the competition destroy each other, but as it gets closer to the voting, romney will start attacking whoever is the threat......

i doubt perry will lose his governorship... the people of texas know that the governor has no power (they stripped the position of all power during reconstruction and gave it to the lt governor) and will have no problem letting him be the mascot........

First, if you haven't noticed, Romney has learned a thing or two this time around. His debating skills are top-notch. His relentless attacks on Huck and McCain backfired. He is maintaining a more positive strategy and it appears to be working. Remember if it wasn't for Obamacare (being tied to Romneycare), Romney would be running away with the nomination by now. I guarantee Romney isn't going to attack Cain like he did Huck and McCain.

Second, Perry leaked the story. If he attacks Cain on it, it will be seen a petty move and will backfire. I guarantee his handlers know this and won't go down that road.

Third, the only candidates arrogant, classless and desperate enough to attack Cain on this is Bachmann and Santorum. Santorum hasn't raised a penny and is in serious debt. Bachmann's campaign is reported in serious debt! No ads coming from these two anytime soon.

Michele Bachmann Campaign Troubles Deepen

Fourth, the only other candidate besides Romney, Perry and Cain that are raising serious money is Paul. It doesn't seem to be Paul's style to go after Cain on something like this. He would attack his policies, but he won't go to gutter politics.

Fifth, Gingrich has too much respect for Cain to drag Cain's name through the mud!

Couldn't be any better!

First, it's two months from Iowa. The shock and awe effect will be over. The justifiable talks of how poorly he handle it (which he did), will be a distant memory when he is still leading in the polls. Much like the shock and awe effect of the Rev Wright controversy was over when the general elections came around so will this made up controversy be when Cain is hammering Obama on the economy!

If it was 'made up,' as you put it, there would be no reason for Cain to lie. But Cain's been lying repeatedly every day since this story broke.

Forum List

Back