The Threat the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. Posed to Society

MLK was no more a communist than Bobby Kennedy.

History. Facts. Stuff wingnuts ignore

Dr. King was praised by communists and promoted by fellow travelers. Communist official Benjamin J. Davis, in the Worker (Nov. 10, 1963) describes Dr. King as "a brilliant and practical leader who articulates the philosophy of the Negro people, for direct non-violent mass action." The Worker article goes on to describe Dr. King as "The foremost advocate of the solution of social problems through nonviolent methods of mass action."

In his own words, Martin Luther King expresses a communist outlook in his book "Stride Toward Freedom" He states that "in spite of the shortcomings of his analysis, Marx had raised some basic questions. I was deeply concerned from my early teen days about the gulf between superfluous wealth and abject poverty, and my reading of Marx made me even more conscious of this gulf. Although modern American capitalism has greatly reduced the gap through social reforms, there was still need for a better distribution of wealth. Moreover, Marx had revealed the danger of the profit motive as the sole basis of an economic system…"

It's strikes me as sad that Dr. King, the most influential leader of the civil rights movement wasn't an advocate of the capitalism that was already

Was Martin Luther King a Communist?
A Whig Manifesto ^ | Jan. 12, 2012 | Chuck Morse

Segregationist democrats like Al Gore's father, senator Gore considered him to be a threat to society.

Yup, denuded of facts ya are, aren't ya cracker?

Gore was one of only three Democratic senators from the 11 former Confederate states who did not sign the 1956 Southern Manifesto opposing integration, the other two being Senate Majority Leader Lyndon B. Johnson (who was not asked to sign) and Gore's fellow Tennessean Estes Kefauver, who refused to sign. South Carolina Senator J. Strom Thurmond tried to get Gore to sign the Southern Manifesto, Gore refused.

Gore could not, however, be regarded as an out-and-out integrationist, having voted against some major civil rights legislation including the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He did support the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

He easily won renomination in 1958 over former governor Jim Nance McCord. In those days, Democratic nomination was still tantamount to election in Tennessee since the Republican Party was more or less nonexistent in the South. In 1964 he faced an energetic Republican challenge from Dan Kuykendall, chairman of the Shelby County (Memphis) GOP, who ran a surprisingly strong race against him. While Gore won, Kuykendall held him to only 53 percent of the vote--a margin that would have almost certainly been closer if not for Johnson's massive landslide victory in that year's presidential election.

Albert Gore, Sr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Gore fended off this primary challenge, but he was ultimately unseated in the 1970 general election by Republican Congressman Bill Brock. Gore was one of the key targets in the Nixon/Agnew "Southern strategy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Last edited:
MLK was no more a communist than Bobby Kennedy.

History. Facts. Stuff wingnuts ignore

Dr. King was praised by communists and promoted by fellow travelers. Communist official Benjamin J. Davis, in the Worker (Nov. 10, 1963) describes Dr. King as "a brilliant and practical leader who articulates the philosophy of the Negro people, for direct non-violent mass action." The Worker article goes on to describe Dr. King as "The foremost advocate of the solution of social problems through nonviolent methods of mass action."

In his own words...

Was Martin Luther King a Communist?
A Whig Manifesto ^ | Jan. 12, 2012 | Chuck Morse

:cuckoo:

The Threat Martin Luther King Jr. Posed to Society

I remember white adults being terrified of the man. His agenda went beyond race relations. His anti-war stances and his anti-poverty agenda threatened the America many felt comfortable with.

It's funny to see so many people speak of MLK with praise and affection. I remember it quite differently at the time he was alive and then assassinated.

I remember conservatives labeling him a race baiter, communist, womanizer and unAmerican.

Now they claim him as their own

I remember white adults being terrified of the man. His agenda went beyond race relations. His anti-war stances and his anti-poverty agenda threatened the America many felt comfortable with.

It's funny to see so many people speak of MLK with praise and affection. I remember it quite differently at the time he was alive and then assassinated.

I remember conservatives labeling him a race baiter, communist, womanizer and unAmerican.

why not remember the truth????In his own words, Martin Luther King expresses a communist outlook in his book "Stride Toward Freedom" He states that "in spite of the shortcomings of his analysis, Marx had raised some basic questions. I was deeply concerned from my early teen days about the gulf between superfluous wealth and abject poverty

why not remember the truth????In his own words, Martin Luther King expresses a communist outlook in his book "Stride Toward Freedom" He states that "in spite of the shortcomings of his analysis, Marx had raised some basic questions. I was deeply concerned from my early teen days about the gulf between superfluous wealth and abject poverty

You go girlfriend

Show us all how the right still hates MLK

You go girlfriend

just like with Reagan....the right wing just loves revising history:D

:eusa_clap:

It will not be until after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the tearing down of the Berlin Wall (see November 9, 1989 and After) that conservatives will revise their opinion of Reagan, in the process revising much of history in the process. [Scoblic, 2008, pp. 143-145]
George Will

You go girlfriend

using your logic and standard so did Jesus and his Apostles, :lol:

You go girlfriend

using your logic and standard so did Jesus and his Apostles, :lol:

dear, concern about poverty is one thing, proposing the elimination of it with a philosophy that slowly starved 100 million to death is another. IS that really over your head???

Last edited:

You go girlfriend

We have the same divide today between immense wealth and abject poverty

I guess anyone who questions it must be a commie

You go girlfriend

if you want to steal from the rich you are a commie, if you want to teach the poor how to get rich too you are not. Is that over your head?

if you want to steal from the rich you are a commie, if you want to teach the poor how to get rich too you are not. Is that over your head?

Where did MLK ever advocate stealing from the rich?

It was the rich who were stealing from black Americans

Last edited:

Martin Luther King expresses a communist outlook in his book "Stride Toward Freedom" He states that "in spite of the shortcomings of his analysis, Marx had raised some basic questions. I was deeply concerned from my early teen days about the gulf between superfluous wealth and abject poverty

Martin Luther King expresses a communist outlook in his book "Stride Toward Freedom" He states that "in spite of the shortcomings of his analysis, Marx had raised some basic questions. I was deeply concerned from my early teen days about the gulf between superfluous wealth and abject poverty

And?

And?

and his liberal communist plan for superflous wealth was to steal it, not encourage blacks to accumulate their own superflous wealth.

And?

and his liberal communist plan for superflous wealth was to steal it, not encourage blacks to accumulate their own superflous wealth.
Where in your link does it say that?

Not too many can get away with academic plagerism without having their degree revoked. But a threat?

Not too many can get away with academic plagerism without having their degree revoked. But a threat?

This one is a keeper. Pube, Publius ...it is by what one chooses to focus on and what one chooses to ignore that 'tells' much about them and their motives.

Forum List

Back