The Thread in Which We Appreciate...RAIN!!!

"Kentucky Rain "- Elvis, "I Love a Rainy Night"-Eddie Rabbit, "Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky" - Luke Bryan

Last edited:
It rained for two days here last week.

I'll bet it had its benefits.
Yeah it helped to wash out the new driveway I had just fixed..

But maybe you'll build an even better driveway in its place, like a phoenix rising from its own ashes! In which case it's a blessing in disguise, wouldn't you say?
I am just going to pour frickin' concrete this April, but not all 650 feet..

fun thread .... for all those of us who appreciate the rain.. rain in weather or in music.... everywhere ....love rain

(((Christmas 2018, everybody :huddle:)))

Many of the Grateful Dead's lyrics revolved around rain falling from the sky. Don't worry, the sound quality gets far better and louder after a few moments.

OP ..... this is a nice thread...because there is nothing better than a rainy day....or days.......or weeks :04:......ok I know it's more work ... because the garage will have to be clean ....after the rain because it's full of water..... etc...etc....lol.... but oh my....I love love the cleansing properties of the rain!:04:

who cares about cleaning the water lol!

this is all that matters!!!!! fav song of them all!:2up: :mm:

Supertramp - It's Raining Again

I like to meditate to the sounds of rain and thunder..

Helps Me sleep too.

a little off topic here but am I the only one who likes Super Tramp here? hmm?

But maybe you'll build an even better driveway in its place, like a phoenix rising from its own ashes! In which case it's a blessing in disguise, wouldn't you say?

Do you mean 650 feet in elevation, in length? I'm not quite understanding the dimensions here.

Do you mean 650 feet in elevation, in length? I'm not quite understanding the dimensions here.
Length..The elevation is 890 feet.

Length..The elevation is 890 feet.

That seems like a good length. It only takes moments to walk and your house it set far enough back from the street I assume it's fairly quiet.

Porch swing. Cup of coffee. Cool breeze. Rain with thunder in the distance. Heaven.

The thing I miss most about living in Las Vegas is the scarcity of a good rainstorm with thunder and lightning.

The golf course where I played south of Vienna has a big covered porch where we would sit in the afternoon during the regular one hour thunderstorm. A stein of beer and tart lemonade and a delicious pastry. Nothing better.

Whenever I watch/listen to a rainstorm and the silver-looking washing-machine water chaos outside my cabin's windows and sit in front of my hot little space heater, I almost achieve a certain ASMR quality (which refers to physical tingles from hearing soft, repeated, rhythmic sounds as a form of quiet hypnosis).

Forum List

Back