The third evil: Not voting at all

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
cain052416.jpg

Absolutely! Throwing away your voice because you're in a snit over the choices only gives the one you dislike most the chance to win. Only about 25% of eligible American voters actually decide who the president will be. So, every single vote counts.

Essay @ The third evil: Not voting at all

I feel so bad for an elderly friend who has been voting faithfully Republican for well over 60 years. She's writing in a name on the ballot this year. Of course she wouldn't CONSIDER voting for a Democrat.

I continue to give the rah rah speech to my students, most of whom are old enough to vote. One of my students yesterday asked me if President Obama was a Democrat. lol I've got my work cut out for me....

But your vote doesn't count . Say your in a winner take all state and you know trump wins in a landslide . He takes them all.

cain052416.jpg

Absolutely! Throwing away your voice because you're in a snit over the choices only gives the one you dislike most the chance to win. Only about 25% of eligible American voters actually decide who the president will be. So, every single vote counts.

A valid point and a worthwhile reminder but for many of us there isn't a "less onerous" choice this year ... no "lesser of 2 evils" (even when one holds his nose).

cain052416.jpg

I'm not going to vote for evil. When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil.

Here's something you clueless rubes don't get: My vote has to be EARNED.

If you offer up Trump as the alternative to Clinton, then you deserve Clinton as your President.

If you offer up nothing but whining and fearmongering and bigotry and pessimism to conceal you have no solutions to anything, then you deserve Clinton as your President.

You fucked up. Don't blame me.

Wait

I would vote for Trump if I seriously thought he would try his best for this country.

But he does not take what he says seriously! How is he going to treat the office like a sacred privilege!

I don't mind when people choose not to vote. It just irritates me to no end when those same people try to open their mouths to bit@h, whine, and complain. Oh, NO - sorry, you forfeited that right when you sat your ass down on the sidelines and chose to do nothing.

Unfortunately we have seen not only NOT voting being a boost to sometimes the worst candidate, but also anyone running as a 3rd party yet having had no chance to win resulting in votes being split and the worst choice winning. I can at least respect someone who votes for the candidate they truly believe in no matter what.

When you vote for someone, you are telling them, "You are doing something right." I steadfastly REFUSE to send that message to Trump or Clinton.

I don't mind when people choose not to vote. It just irritates me to no end when those same people try to open their mouths to bit@h, whine, and complain. Oh, NO - sorry, you forfeited that right when you sat your ass down on the sidelines and chose to do nothing.

Why ? So what if someone didn't cast a meaningless vote for some 3rd or 4th party on a cold fall Tuesday that they worked all day and have to fight traffic home .

Are they exempt from paying taxes if they don't vote too?

Why ? So what if someone didn't cast a meaningless vote for some 3rd or 4th party on a cold fall Tuesday that they worked all day and have to fight traffic home .

If you don't try to make a difference and you choose to sit back and let someone else decide then you have no right to complain. Being allowed to vote, no matter if you are working, is a legal right. And you are seriously going to bitch about working all day, it being cold, ect? Once freed, Iraqis stood in huge lines, literally put their lives on the line standing in those lines to vote. yet did it happily and proudly. Wow, some Americans are so spoiled...

Hopefully, one day, a POTUS will be elected with less than 50% of the vote, then all Americans will realize that the new POTUS has no electoral legitimacy because the ruling elites, the MSM, and the establishment offered them no viable alternatives.

The key, is to refuse to support this corrupt system.

Hopefully, one day, a POTUS will be elected with less than 50% of the vote, then all Americans will realize that the new POTUS has no electoral legitimacy because the ruling elites, the MSM, and the establishment offered them no viable alternatives.

The key, is to refuse to support this corrupt system.
Sorta like all these states are stepping up and tellin' Barry what he can do with his transgender bathroom mandates. :p

If you don't try to make a difference and you choose to sit back and let someone else decide then you have no right to complain. Being allowed to vote, no matter if you are working, is a legal right. And you are seriously going to bitch about working all day, it being cold, ect? Once freed, Iraqis stood in huge lines, literally put their lives on the line standing in those lines to vote. yet did it happily and proudly. Wow, some Americans are so spoiled...

You can't make a difference when the elites own both parties, the media, the corportacracy, when they own it all. You are fooling yourself if you think your vote makes a difference.

The only thing your vote does is it signals to these monsters that you endorse their corrupt system. It signals to them that you agree to be a slave in it for another term of years, and all their corruption, spying, false flags, and war mongering they do is done in YOUR NAME.

Forum List

Back