The Third Amendment

REVxERIK

CLASSIC LIBERAL
Sep 2, 2009
i'm debating my sister that bush was a criminal and a ball of slime in general. i've got the CAT argument and a bunch of others. I need links and references on bush's violation of the third amendment. please only post here if you have those things, don't be a troll.

I dunno about the third amendment is its really just considered a relic of the past and politically impossible to quarter soliders in peoples houses so I doubt Bush ever violated it... But cases can easily be made for Bush violating the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th amendments.

I dunno about the third amendment is its really just considered a relic of the past and politically impossible to quarter soliders in peoples houses so I doubt Bush ever violated it... But cases can easily be made for Bush violating the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th amendments.

i have one through eight, not three though. the closest is when soldiers took guns from peoples homes during katrina

i have one through eight, not three though. the closest is when soldiers took guns from peoples homes during katrina
That was the National Guard, under state or local direction...and that doesn't equate with quartering soldiers in people's homes.

Come to think of it, I don't think the NG did it, it was the NO PD.

how is a decision made by the mayor and crew then executed by the nopd a "bush violation"???

how is a decision made by the mayor and crew then executed by the nopd a "bush violation"???

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/october2005/121005military.jpg

looks like armed forces to me

That was the National Guard, under state or local direction...and that doesn't equate with quartering soldiers in people's homes.

It was a federalized NG.

She probably came to the same conclusion that most of us have made about you guys and that you make up shit to try to get a conviction against those that you don't agree with. If you would just stop frothing at the mouth for five minutes we might listen to you and your rants about Bush supposed war crimes.

That was not federal.

It helps to know the subject matter ahead of time, when you get into debate. Arguing a position from projected bias is foolish.

What you are saying here is, "I have talking points and I need something that I can say substantiates them. Please help"

I was no fan of President Bush. However, I think you are sorely misguided on your position, in regards to the amendments.

I would like to see your supposition supported with fact.

It was a federalized NG.

No it wasn't. It was the New Orleans PD under direction of the Mayor and approved by the Governor.
I don't think the Gov approved it, but it was the NOPD that did it. Bush sucks but there's no reason to pin things on him that he wasn't responsible for.

Forum List

Back