The "things you'll never hear Obama say" thread...

driveby

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
Here are a few to start of:

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.

You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

I got one:

"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

-GWB talking about Bin Laden and keeping us *snicker* safe

I got one:

"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

Top notch..... :clap2:

Here are a few to start of:

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.

You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.

It is not the IRS's job to redistribute wealth.
It is counter-productive to take the fruits of labor from the productive - and give it to the unproductive.

I got one:

Regardless of the topic, the left just can't stop the "But Bush did this" mantra as somehow that makes all of Obama's failed policies OK.

A few things conservatives, republicans, and libertarians never think about:

You cannot create equality where abject poverty and no opportunity for productive work exist.

You cannot gain self esteem in a corporate world guided only by profit and no concern for working people of America.

You cannot bring about prosperity when only the top few percent of Americans own and control the wealth of a nation that morally belongs to all.

You cannot live well or even rise much about poverty on minimum wage or Walmart wages.

You cannot further a spirit of democracy by closed, locked, security gated communities and educational opportunities beyond the reach of working Americans.

You cannot build character and courage by outsourcing the livelihood of American workers.

You can help America by providing educational opportunity and while still recognizing a global world, working to make sure your own nation, on which you have gained your wealth and sustenance, provides for all its people fairly.

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton
Spending Cuts Vs. Tax Increases at the State Level, 10/30/01
The rich get rich because of their merit.
The Conservative Nanny State
Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

"What improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconveniency to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable." The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned." UBI and the Flat Tax

A few things conservatives, republicans, and libertarians never think about:

You cannot create equality where abject poverty and no opportunity for productive work exist.

You cannot gain self esteem in a corporate world guided only by profit and no concern for working people of America.

You cannot bring about prosperity when only the top few percent of Americans own and control the wealth of a nation that morally belongs to all.

You cannot live well or even rise much about poverty on minimum wage or Walmart wages.

You cannot further a spirit of democracy by closed, locked, security gated communities and educational opportunities beyond the reach of working Americans.

You cannot build character and courage by outsourcing the livelihood of American workers.

You can help America by providing educational opportunity and while still recognizing a global world, working to make sure your own nation, on which you have gained your wealth and sustenance, provides for all its people fairly.

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton
Spending Cuts Vs. Tax Increases at the State Level, 10/30/01
The rich get rich because of their merit.
The Conservative Nanny State
Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

"What improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconveniency to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable." The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned." UBI and the Flat Tax

Move to Cuba

New Topics

Forum List

Back