The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected​

www.Flopping Aces ^
2-08-12
By: DrJohn

Over at Huffington Post Robert Greenwald discovers that Obama has been killing children with drones
During my recent trip to Pakistan as part of our upcoming documentary film, Drones Exposed, I was struck most by the stories told to me by children who had experienced a U.S. drone strike firsthand. The impact of America’s drone war in the likes of Pakistan and Yemen will linger on, especially for the loved ones of the 178 children killed in those countries by U.S. drone strikes.
War Costs’ latest video (with accompanying report) brings attention to the children who have died as a result of drone strikes. The video names some of the children who perished in these strikes, and points out the obfuscation tactics of American officials who will not own up to the significant amount of civilian casualties that have occurred due to this legally- and morally-dubious policy.
In addition to the video, War Costs offers this report detailing the effects of drone strikes on children. The findings come mainly from the diligent investigative reporting of TBIJ and the groundbreaking reports on the impact of drone strikes by Stanford and New York University researchers (Living Under Drones: Death, Injury and Trauma to Civilians from US Drone Practices in Pakistan) and researchers at Columbia University (The Civilian Impact of Drones: Unexamined Costs, Unanswered Questions).
In an effort to compel answers about why these innocent civilians have died without acknowledgement or explanation from the U.S. government, War Costs is calling on the U.S. House of Representatives to debate and pass Rep. Dennis Kucinich's bill that calls for more transparency regarding U.S. drone strike policy.
The hat was too tight
Dana Milbank discovers that Obama lied about being transparent:
“My administration,” President Obama wrote on his first day in office, “is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”
Those were strong and hopeful words. Four years later, it is becoming more and more clear that they were just words.

~~~~~​

But these don’t amount to the “unprecedented level of openness” Obama promised. The few advances that have been made are mostly administrative changes that will end with the Obama administration. “We haven’t seen that many, if any, legislative initiatives from the White House,” Weismann lamented at Monday’s gathering of the open-government advocates.
Consider the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act, a bill with bipartisan support that would make it easier to track government spending by requiring agencies to report expenditures in a uniform way online. The legislation is so uncontroversial that it passed the House on a voice vote. But the Obama administration raised objections — and the transparency law has yet to see the light of day.
All those new jobs over the last five months? We discover that three quarters of them were created by the government:

(excerpt)

Read more:
The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces

Those aren't children. They're "Suspect Militants" (and their neighbors. Oops! Collateral Damage)

Drone Strikes. Coming to an American City near you.

What you are pointing out was not unknown before the election, at least by those who try and stay informed. But I will bet if the majority of Democrats were asked they would say "no way." They, by design, stay uninformed of such things or merely blow it off as being a right wing conspiracy theory. That clears their conscience of any guilt, they didn't know. So you will see this thread mostly ignored. Here is some more news on Obama. Remember, Bush may or may have not done the same but he didn't promise to do otherwise as did Obama.

Obama’s unprecedented war on whistleblowers

Obama’s unprecedented war on whistleblowers - Salon.com

I was watching THC program about the Navy SEALS and how they and the British SAS went into Bosnia to kidnap suspected genocide criminals. Why? Because they were going to bring them to trial. Trial that the American citizen and his 16 year old son never had along with a host of others on Obama's death panel list.

Just like with everything liberal, the result is always the direct opposite of their stated intent. What in the Hell was America thinking?

Kill-list 2.0: Obama’s ‘disposition matrix’ maps out extrajudicial murders for years to come

Kill-list 2.0: Obama

The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected​

www.Flopping Aces ^
2-08-12
By: DrJohn

Over at Huffington Post Robert Greenwald discovers that Obama has been killing children with drones
During my recent trip to Pakistan as part of our upcoming documentary film, Drones Exposed, I was struck most by the stories told to me by children who had experienced a U.S. drone strike firsthand. The impact of America’s drone war in the likes of Pakistan and Yemen will linger on, especially for the loved ones of the 178 children killed in those countries by U.S. drone strikes.
War Costs’ latest video (with accompanying report) brings attention to the children who have died as a result of drone strikes. The video names some of the children who perished in these strikes, and points out the obfuscation tactics of American officials who will not own up to the significant amount of civilian casualties that have occurred due to this legally- and morally-dubious policy.
In addition to the video, War Costs offers this report detailing the effects of drone strikes on children. The findings come mainly from the diligent investigative reporting of TBIJ and the groundbreaking reports on the impact of drone strikes by Stanford and New York University researchers (Living Under Drones: Death, Injury and Trauma to Civilians from US Drone Practices in Pakistan) and researchers at Columbia University (The Civilian Impact of Drones: Unexamined Costs, Unanswered Questions).
In an effort to compel answers about why these innocent civilians have died without acknowledgement or explanation from the U.S. government, War Costs is calling on the U.S. House of Representatives to debate and pass Rep. Dennis Kucinich's bill that calls for more transparency regarding U.S. drone strike policy.
The hat was too tight
Dana Milbank discovers that Obama lied about being transparent:
“My administration,” President Obama wrote on his first day in office, “is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”
Those were strong and hopeful words. Four years later, it is becoming more and more clear that they were just words.

~~~~~​

But these don’t amount to the “unprecedented level of openness” Obama promised. The few advances that have been made are mostly administrative changes that will end with the Obama administration. “We haven’t seen that many, if any, legislative initiatives from the White House,” Weismann lamented at Monday’s gathering of the open-government advocates.
Consider the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act, a bill with bipartisan support that would make it easier to track government spending by requiring agencies to report expenditures in a uniform way online. The legislation is so uncontroversial that it passed the House on a voice vote. But the Obama administration raised objections — and the transparency law has yet to see the light of day.
All those new jobs over the last five months? We discover that three quarters of them were created by the government:

(excerpt)

Read more:
The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces

Are you surprised that the media has remained silent about this?

Does the right wing favor or oppose hunting terrorists with drones?

And dead women and children too! Seeing how the operations are actually creating more "terrorists" than it's managing to take out. I think the real terrorists are the US military and it's command in the White House.

And dead women and children too! Seeing how the operations are actually creating more "terrorists" than it's managing to take out. I think the real terrorists are the US military and it's command in the White House.

How do you feel about bombing Japanese cities during World War II? I think it was the right thing to do in spite of the civilian casualties. Including Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

How do I feel about mass cold blooded murder? Well, it's cold blooded murder. So the answer should be obvious to any non-sociopath.

Does the right wing favor or oppose hunting terrorists with drones?

Does the left support the deaths of innocent women and children? Is that what you're trying to say? Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, right?

Sadly, yes

War is like that. Cowardly terrorists who hide among women and children will lead to that. I blame Pakistan. We have sent them billions in military aid so that they can clean up their own problem. Not, only did they fail but they have become a haven for terrorist cells

When it comes to a point of putting US soldiers in peril or killing terrorists with an unseen drone, I will take the drone every time

More innocent civillians will be killed by armed forces than by a drone attack. So YES....I support the drones

How do I feel about mass cold blooded murder? Well, it's cold blooded murder. So the answer should be obvious to any non-sociopath.

It's war.

A war on who? A sovereign nation over the criminal actions of now (alleged) dead leaders? We're fighting our own shadow over there. Women and children are the cannon fodder and usual. We never learn a fucking thing. Insane sociopaths never learn because they like it.

How do you feel about bombing Japanese cities during World War II? I think it was the right thing to do in spite of the civilian casualties. Including Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Ever read the book "Slaughter House Seven?" I wonder why you don't bring up the carpet bombing of Dresden? Of no or little military value it was just burned to the ground in one huge act of terrorism, in my opinion. I am all American and love the country but what we did during the war wasn't always right.

Consider that up to that time wars were fought in fields away from civilian populations for the most part. Civilians were actually killed by accident and when they were killed intentionally we called them war crimes. I guess it depends on who is doing the killing and who is the victor.

Forum List

Back