The Thing Feared Most About Trump...

Say what you will about Donald Trump. The man is a successful business tycoon, everyone recognizes his name and he has made (and lost) fortunes through the years with his business acumen. He is a brash, plain-spoken, often bombastic speaker who doesn't care about what is politically correct. He is not beholden to either political party or any special interest aside from his own self interests. He certainly delivers enough caustic rhetoric for his enemies to feed on and they do... much to their chagrin, it generally tallies up to stronger poll numbers for him when they complain. But that's not the thing they fear most about Trump. None of it is.

The thing feared most about Trump from political strategists of every party, regardless of the candidate they may support, is that he is an anomaly. An unknown quantity. There is absolutely NO political history there. We simply do not know how many actual votes on ballots Trump can obtain. With any other candidate, there are some voting statistics and data to look at. You can analyze what went wrong or right in their campaign, find out how the voters felt about things or what influenced their vote... with Trump we have nothing.

Polls can be very unreliable and misleading. Most political analysts put more stock into where the money is at... who is best at fundraising? However, again with Trump, we simply have an unknown variable. He is funding his own campaign. So there is no voting data and no fundraising data. What Trump can ultimately do is unpredictable, even by the most astute political analyst.

His campaign appearances are off the charts in terms of numbers. No candidate in history has ever produced the kinds of numbers he is generating on a regular basis. Does this mean anything? We don't know. Could Trump bring something to the table that we simply cannot factor? This is the question on every political strategist's mind. We won't know until the votes start coming in and we can look at real numbers of real votes on real ballots. Until then, Trump is a giant question mark. This is what his adversaries fear the most... the great unknown.

Yep, I heard yesterday on liberal talking head radio that the phone polls are actually under representing his support.

Apparently this is true because a certain demographic, those with a college education, will not admit they will support him when asked by a human, however when the question is posed via a click through menu his support goes up by ~10%.

The assertion being that those people are embarrassed by their support and won't vocalize it, and yet do support him and therefore answer differently to the machine based poll.

I'll find the study if I can later....

ETA: pretty sure this was Tom Hartman. Heard it while rolling around on my lunch break...

Here it is:

Polls may actually underestimate Trump’s support, study finds

Democrats don't fear Trump...Reasonably minded Republicans do (granted, they are minority in the party it seems)
Why don't Dems love Trump? He is a progressive...wants abortion continued, taxes increased on the wealthy, government healthcare for all, etc..........he hold numerous progressive views, yet progs hate him.

Might prove once again that the big left media can easily influence progs and Ds.

Right...so explain to me again how he has dominated the GOP field since the get go?
That's easy. He is not owned by the billionaire class like most other candidates. He wants to close the border, fix trade policies, and stop terrorism. He speaks his mind unlike the liar Cankles and most of the others.

These things mean something to some Americans.

And yet it's not Democrats supporting him, it's the GOP base.

Democrats aren't afraid of Trump...they're rooting for him. Goldwater deserves to have his record loss put to rest.
Okay. However the lib media is not rooting for him. They dump on him daily. Watch Morning Joke on MSLSD and you will get a good dose of it.

If Ds are rooting for him, why is their media so vocally against him?

And again, Trump is a progressive...but progressives don't like him. Why?

Democrats don't fear Trump...Reasonably minded Republicans do (granted, they are minority in the party it seems)
Why don't Dems love Trump? He is a progressive...wants abortion continued, taxes increased on the wealthy, government healthcare for all, etc..........he hold numerous progressive views, yet progs hate him.

Might prove once again that the big left media can easily influence progs and Ds.

Right...so explain to me again how he has dominated the GOP field since the get go?
That's easy. He is not owned by the billionaire class like most other candidates. He wants to close the border, fix trade policies, and stop terrorism. He speaks his mind unlike the liar Cankles and most of the others.

Democrats aren't afraid of Trump...they're rooting for him. Goldwater deserves to have his record loss put to rest.
Okay. However the lib media is not rooting for him. They dump on him daily. Watch Morning Joke on MSLSD and you will get a good dose of it.

Uh...Newsflash...the guy with the three hour show in the morning on MSNBC is a Conservative not a "D".

As for actual "liberals"...going after Trump will rally the RWNJ support behind him. Duh!

he may not be 'owned' by the billionaires because he IS THE BILLIONAIRE... and his business interests lie in bed with them.

Uh...Newsflash...the guy with the three hour show in the morning on MSNBC is a Conservative not a "D".

As for actual "liberals"...going after Trump will rally the RWNJ support behind him. Duh!
Geeze....Morning Joke is hard left media....you might not know that, because you are too close to it.

And...so you are implying that the left government run media is dumping on Trump so that Rs will like Trump more. Maybe, but I suspect they are not that smart or deceptive.

Isn't it about time we stop believing that the democrats are dirt poor ? Slinging mud at rich people is a bit absurd when you look at the price of a Hillary fundraiser.

, Trump is a giant question mark. .

why a question mark? He has a plan to solve immigration problem, ISIS problem, and job loss problem. Hilary has no plan except for the status quo and perhaps more welfare in the form of free college.

Trump wants to restrict individual choice and liberty by imposing a massive tax increase on imported goods.

Why do you hate liberty and America, RINO liberal?
As opposed to Hillary who wants to ensure an American who doesn't own a business can't get a job.

Geeze....Morning Joke is hard left media....you might not know that, because you are too close to it.

And...so you are implying that the left government run media is dumping on Trump so that Rs will like Trump more. Maybe, but I suspect they are not that smart or deceptive.

Joe Scarborough is a Conservative. He was a Republican politician. Stop being silly.

And maybe you could provide examples of all this "government run" media "dumping" on Trump...

Are they "dumping" or simply reporting on things he says?

Joe Scarborough is a Conservative. He was a Republican politician. Stop being silly.

And maybe you could provide examples of all this "government run" media "dumping" on Trump...

Are they "dumping" or simply reporting on things he says?
See? There is the problem with you guys on the left. Joe was an R, but is not a conservative and never was. Most R pols are progressives like you, yet you can't see that. Trump is a progressive.

Examples...oh brother the left media thought they had Trump out of the race months ago. They dump on him every day. Just watch Morning Joke and you will get a good dose of it...but then maybe you won't recognize it.

Say what you will about Donald Trump. The man is a successful business tycoon, everyone recognizes his name and he has made (and lost) fortunes through the years with his business acumen. He is a brash, plain-spoken, often bombastic speaker who doesn't care about what is politically correct. He is not beholden to either political party or any special interest aside from his own self interests. He certainly delivers enough caustic rhetoric for his enemies to feed on and they do... much to their chagrin, it generally tallies up to stronger poll numbers for him when they complain. But that's not the thing they fear most about Trump. None of it is.

The thing feared most about Trump from political strategists of every party, regardless of the candidate they may support, is that he is an anomaly. An unknown quantity. There is absolutely NO political history there. We simply do not know how many actual votes on ballots Trump can obtain. With any other candidate, there are some voting statistics and data to look at. You can analyze what went wrong or right in their campaign, find out how the voters felt about things or what influenced their vote... with Trump we have nothing.

Polls can be very unreliable and misleading. Most political analysts put more stock into where the money is at... who is best at fundraising? However, again with Trump, we simply have an unknown variable. He is funding his own campaign. So there is no voting data and no fundraising data. What Trump can ultimately do is unpredictable, even by the most astute political analyst.

His campaign appearances are off the charts in terms of numbers. No candidate in history has ever produced the kinds of numbers he is generating on a regular basis. Does this mean anything? We don't know. Could Trump bring something to the table that we simply cannot factor? This is the question on every political strategist's mind. We won't know until the votes start coming in and we can look at real numbers of real votes on real ballots. Until then, Trump is a giant question mark. This is what his adversaries fear the most... the great unknown.

I saw a show about the early Trump years.

I can't vouch for how accurate it is (or isn't). But it seemed to conclude that Trump has a strong desire to ACQUIRE properties and businesses, yet lacked the discipline needed to learn how to run those businesses.

For my part, I am not a strong fan of Trump. I don't care that he made and lost veritable fortunes. I do care that he seems to lack a depth to him concerning many of the important international issues confronting America in the present day world.

On the other hand, I respect the fact that he seems to realize that he has much to learn and is ready to pay attention to experts in the various fields. I am perturbed about HOW he might make use of the views of the alleged (or actual) experts. I mean, given his seemingly profound ignorance, how will he ever get a sufficient handle on any of these topics to MAKE a decision even with the help of experts?

Shrillary, by contrast, already has a base of knowledge and a world view. She has her own array of advisers and experts.
But, she is more of a known entity. I don't like the choices she makes OR the philosophy that "guides" her. Given a choice between Shrillary and Trump, I'd still prefer Trump.

The thing feared most about Trump from political strategists of every party, regardless of the candidate they may support, is that he is an anomaly. An unknown quantity. There is absolutely NO political history there. We simply do not know how many actual votes on Trump can obtain. With any other candidate, there are some voting statistics and data to look at. You can analyze what went wrong or right in their campaign, find out how the voters felt about things or what influenced their vote... with Trump we have nothing.

I can't vouch for how accurate it is (or isn't). But it seemed to conclude that Trump has a strong desire to ACQUIRE properties and businesses, yet lacked the discipline needed to learn how to run those businesses.

For my part, I am not a strong fan of Trump. I don't care that he made and lost veritable fortunes. I do care that he seems to lack a depth to him concerning many of the important international issues confronting America in the present day world.

On the other hand, I respect the fact that he seems to realize that he has much to learn and is ready to pay attention to experts in the various fields. I am perturbed about HOW he might make use of the views of the alleged (or actual) experts. I mean, given his seemingly profound ignorance, how will he ever get a sufficient handle on any of these topics to MAKE a decision even with the help of experts?

Shrillary, by contrast, already has a base of knowledge and a world view. She has her own array of advisers and experts.
But, she is more of a known entity. I don't like the choices she makes OR the philosophy that "guides" her. Given a choice between Shrillary and Trump, I'd still prefer Trump.
Chrissy Mathews is doing a show on Trump on mslsd tonight. Probably a hit piece, but maybe not.

Democrats aren't afraid of Trump...

Yeah, you all keep saying this... like A LOT!

All anyone on the right has to do is mention they think you are scared and 20 of you show up to deny it profusely. Then you'll attempt to "sell" your denial and repeat it several more times to make sure. In my experience, this is a classic mark of someone who really is afraid of something and they tend to overcompensate in denying it. No one likes to admit they are afraid... of anything. Fear is a sign of weakness, so we always tend to not show our fear even when we are scared to death.

You say that Democrats are "rooting for Trump" but all we need to do is take a quick look at the forums and see this isn't true. Thread after thread, started by Democrats, bashing and trashing Trump in every way possible.... pages and pages of these threads for days and weeks. In fact, I can't find one single thread on the entire forum BY a Democrat that could in any way be considered "rooting" for him. I see that being SAID a lot, right after your profuse denial that you're scared of Trump.

I have seen the same thing and it came across as a hit piece. Generally speaking, any time you watch a "documentary" about someone, and it's all negative (or positive) it's pure propaganda. It's NOT an objective analysis by someone legitimately trying to inform you, it's partisan and one-sided. If you bought it... you're exactly the kind of putz it was produced for.

I'm not as big of a Trump fan as people here want to believe. I think he is actually more of a Liberal Conservative than anything else. Similar to Bill Clinton in a lot of ways. I think he would be a better president than Hillary by a long shot. I don't think he would be a true Conservative president like Ted Cruz. Like Bill Clinton, Trump is a populist. He appeals by saying things that are popular among those who could potentially support him. His unorthodox style and anti-PC twist is an appeal to the frustration felt among many Conservatives.

the great unknown.

We know that if cuckservative like Bush 3.0 or dumb bimbo like Clinton 2.0 became potus will be only sh.., nothing except big sh..!
But if Donald win, we have an opportunity to get a better life in a little bit better state.
Professional politicians know nothing and can make nothing, they failed everywhere.
But Donald can do it, he is a nice guy who can lead the nation.
Let him win!

president-donald-trump-2zzva3db6av8xbodbmu3nu.jpg

Sarah Palin got huge crowds too, and she was only the VP candidate.

How did that work out?
It didn't work out. The top of the ticket even turned against her in the end but she was tapped for the wrong reasons. She wasn't vetted and turned out to be quite an embarrassment. Too bad Rs don't learn from their mistakes.

Forum List

Back