the text of S&Ps statement, they blame republicans

Right there in the statement they put the blame on republicans refusual to use all the tools we have on hand to solve this mess and what does the right do?

Insult me for posting the information and deny (yet again) the cold hard facts.

They are a drag on America, they refuse to see anything that gets in the way of their historically failed ideas.

Its the reason S&P did this.

The last thing anyone wanted to see was more spending and a higher debt ceiling...

Republicans compromised to progressive mental retardation...

We lost our AAA rating because we approved a higher debt ceiling..

Who the fuck does this country think they are??

if you are going to call other people stupid, it would be wise not to post such moronic crap like this.

We downgraded for a few reasons stupid.
1) spending was not cut enough
2) no taxes (revenue) were raised.
3) the stonewalling by both parties waiting to the last minute to pass a deal period.
4) had they not passed a deal S&P would have lowered us to a D.
See in the ratings world a D is worse than an AA.
5) S&P plainly stated that the short term raise in the debt ceiling and spending was not the issue. Its the long term spending that will end up being the issue, and they needed to start at least looking to solve it.

These are facts, From S&P spokespeople.

Then on top of that you have Boner saying he got 98% of what he wanted. Thats not compromising with liberals you dumbshit.

This is what separates you from the smart people. Smart people actually understand the facts i listed. You just want to blame progressives.

:rofl:

when did what boehner says become fact?

you people on both teams are fucking morons.

true story

The new leftist phrase for raising taxes is "raising revenues". Of course, the leftists are incapable of understanding that raising taxes leaves those "evil rich people who make over $250K a year" with LESS disposable income, resulting in LESS money they can spend and invest in the marketplace.

The leftists also can't understand the fact that if ALL people making over $250K a year were taxed at 100% (in other words, ALL of their money was taken from them), it would only reduce the budget deficit by 50%.

We've had 10+ years of lower tax rates. Where's the economic boom?

Our economy always does better with higher tax rates, not only to raise immediate revenues, but because it forces investors into higher risk growth investments:

"for all the years for which official data exists, higher tax rates have been accompanied by faster economic growth and lower tax rates were accompanied by slower economic growth"

A Few Graphs on Real GDP Growth Rates versus Taxes and the Size of Government

There are hundreds of graphs and articles by qualified people showing the same:

supply-side economics is a bunch of bunk!

Sorry to challenge your religion, but reality says otherwise.

The new leftist phrase for raising taxes is "raising revenues". Of course, the leftists are incapable of understanding that raising taxes leaves those "evil rich people who make over $250K a year" with LESS disposable income, resulting in LESS money they can spend and invest in the marketplace.

The leftists also can't understand the fact that if ALL people making over $250K a year were taxed at 100% (in other words, ALL of their money was taken from them), it would only reduce the budget deficit by 50%.

Our economy always does better with higher tax rates, not only to raise immediate revenues, but because it forces investors into higher risk growth investments:

"for all the years for which official data exists, higher tax rates have been accompanied by faster economic growth and lower tax rates were accompanied by slower economic growth"

how true.

I just wish historical facts meant something to the right.

if you are going to call other people stupid, it would be wise not to post such moronic crap like this.

We downgraded for a few reasons stupid.
1) spending was not cut enough
2) no taxes (revenue) were raised.
3) the stonewalling by both parties waiting to the last minute to pass a deal period.
4) had they not passed a deal S&P would have lowered us to a D.
See in the ratings world a D is worse than an AA.
5) S&P plainly stated that the short term raise in the debt ceiling and spending was not the issue. Its the long term spending that will end up being the issue, and they needed to start at least looking to solve it.

These are facts, From S&P spokespeople.

Then on top of that you have Boner saying he got 98% of what he wanted. Thats not compromising with liberals you dumbshit.

This is what separates you from the smart people. Smart people actually understand the facts i listed. You just want to blame progressives.

true story

Well dummy i was saying that boner SAID that was a fact. So If one uses their brains they can easily come to the fact that he thinks he got what he wants.

The only team i am on is my own. this is all just entertainment.

It's confusing when moderators are trolls. Oh, well. :eusa_whistle:

Right there in the statement they put the blame on republicans refusual to use all the tools we have on hand to solve this mess and what does the right do?

They are a drag on America, they refuse to see anything that gets in the way of their historically failed ideas.

The last thing anyone wanted to see was more spending and a higher debt ceiling...

No, we did not lose our AAA rating because we raised the debt ceiling. Had we not raised the debt ceiling, our rating would likely have fallen further than it did. And what most people want to see is a reduction in spending along with an increase in revenue, not just a reduction in spending. The reason for this is very simple; most people don't want to completely gut the Federal Government the way the far right wing kooks do. Downsizing the government is not a bad thing; completely dismantling it would be a bad thing. But we know that most in this forum would love to see the whole thing dismantled regardless of how bad it would be for this country.

I have to spread some rep around before I can rep you again.

The only question I have in regards to this post is who in this forum would love to see the whole thing dismantled?

Everything else you say here, I agree with.

Immie

Well dummy i was saying that boner SAID that was a fact. So If one uses their brains they can easily come to the fact that he thinks he got what he wants.

dels not a troll...Just not all there :)

Oh, hell. I wish I'd known he had mental issues before now.

Thank you.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about..

The problem is that taxes these days are more strict than ever.

Do you seriously believe people paid 91% in taxes back in the day???

What a gullible fool.

true story

tissue?

road map?

What a gullible fool.

Let me ask you how you think today's taxes are more strict than they were when we had 91% on the top earners?

Granted they weren't paying 91% back then, but still I suspect they were paying more than what they do today. Can you explain why you think it was less strict under Eisenhower than it is under Bush/Obama? Do you really think the Effective Tax Rate under Eisenhower is lower than it is today?

Immie

No, we did not lose our AAA rating because we raised the debt ceiling. Had we not raised the debt ceiling, our rating would likely have fallen further than it did. And what most people want to see is a reduction in spending along with an increase in revenue, not just a reduction in spending. The reason for this is very simple; most people don't want to completely gut the Federal Government the way the far right wing kooks do. Downsizing the government is not a bad thing; completely dismantling it would be a bad thing. But we know that most in this forum would love to see the whole thing dismantled regardless of how bad it would be for this country.

In what universe does raising our debt ceiling fix our credit rating??

You may as well claim that an asshat in 100k worth of debt should take out a new credit card and pay the old one off..

How do you believe the bullshit you do?

The problem is you don't know jack shit and you believe if you do what the government says everything will get better..

Guess what? the assholes in DC only care about keeping their power base and thats YOU the ignorant fools who nod their heads and keep electing authoritarian clowns.

I'm dumbfounded as to how a person could rationalize raising the debt ceiling as something that will help this economy...

Did you happen to notice that our credit rating dropped the second we raised the debt ceiling??

Yeah because in your little mind the more debt your in the better...

Of course you believe what you believe because bankruptcy is not an issue here in the US. No you just get an asshat lawyer who figures out a way for you to pay 15k on $100,000 worth of useless charged shit.

So yes, I can see why your dumbass doesn't comprehend that debt is bad.

What a gullible fool.

Let me ask you how you think today's taxes are more strict than they were when we had 91% on the top earners?

Granted they weren't paying 91% back then, but still I suspect they were paying more than what they do today. Can you explain why you think it was less strict under Eisenhower than it is under Bush/Obama? Do you really think the Effective Tax Rate under Eisenhower is lower than it is today?

Immie

Yeah keep on assuming or "suspecting."

There are less loopholes today, not to mention the democrats want their fucking money so they can redistribute the wealth to their voting base.

The tax rate doesn't matter when there are loopholes and exemptions.

A person would have had to meet some bizarre criteria to be taxed 91%.

Today there is no "bizarre criteria" other than being middle class.

How can a direct quote be a lie?

This is how:

Brian and Cindy are divorced.
Brian hit Cindy across the face. He did this after he saw her bitch slap their 3 year old daughter.
It was found Cindy had been abusing their daughter since birth.

In comes "Truth"matters...
Clearly Brian is at fault.
"Brian hit Cindy across the face."

Direct quote is a lie.

Put down the Kool-Aid TM and you may actually make a difference rather than be another sounding brass in a sea of symbols.

In what universe does raising our debt ceiling fix our credit rating??

You may as well claim that an asshat in 100k worth of debt should take out a new credit card and pay the old one off..

How do you believe the bullshit you do?

The problem is you don't know jack shit and you believe if you do what the government says everything will get better..

Guess what? the assholes in DC only care about keeping their power base and thats YOU the ignorant fools who nod their heads and keep electing authoritarian clowns.

I'm dumbfounded as to how a person could rationalize raising the debt ceiling as something that will help this economy...

Did you happen to notice that our credit rating dropped the second we raised the debt ceiling??

Yeah because in your little mind the more debt your in the better...

Of course you believe what you believe because bankruptcy is not an issue here in the US. No you just get an asshat lawyer who figures out a way for you to pay 15k on $100,000 worth of useless charged shit.

So yes, I can see why your dumbass doesn't comprehend that debt is bad.

For the most part, excluding the tone, I agree with your points.

One thing I would comment on is your first question. Raising the limit does not "fix" our credit rating and for God's sake it sure as hell doesn't do anything good for our economy in general. The one thing it does do is keep us from defaulting on our obligations and quite frankly, I think default would be a much bigger catastrophe than a drop in our credit rating.

Unfortunately, I believe as S&P seems to believe that unless Congress (both parties) wake up and smell the coffee and increase revenues (meaning higher taxes) while at the same time cutting spending (meaning across the board, get rid of the fat) spending. All around raising the debt limit is only prolonging the inevitable.

Even worse is that I have no confidence in Congress actually coming out of the REM sleep in the next thirty years or so.

God help us.

Immie

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back