The Terrorists North of Our Border

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Terrorists Thrive North of Our Border
By Deroy Murdock, Scripps Howard News Service
17-MAR-05

NEW YORK -- Without neglecting the U.S.-Mexican border, American officials better eye the northern frontier, too. While most Canadians are as friendly as Labrador retrievers, that attitude is not universal.

"I'm not afraid of dying, and killing doesn't frighten me," Algerian-born Canadian Fateh Kamel said on an Italian counterterrorism intercept. "If I have to press the remote control, vive the jihad!"

Kamel was convicted in France of distributing bogus passports and conspiring to blow up Paris Metro stations. He was sentenced April 6, 2001, to eight years in prison.

But after fewer than four years, France sprang Kamel for "good behavior." Kamel flew home to Canada Jan. 29.

"When Kamel arrived in Montreal, the (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) was not even at the airport to greet him," Stewart Bell reported March 4 in Canada's National Post. "As far as they're concerned, he is an ex-convict who has done his time and has committed no crimes in Canada."

Kamel now freely strolls Canada's streets. That's fine, if he limits his violence to moose hunting. But what if he has humans--Americans, even--in his crosshairs?

"We should be looking at him and possibly sending him back to Algeria," Conservative Party deputy leader Peter MacKay said in the Feb. 27 Toronto Star. MacKay believes Kamel symbolizes Ottawa's peaceful, easy feeling toward terrorist killers. "The French authorities wanted him out of the country, and we were all too willing to take him in."

Kamel is not alone. Canada crawls with terrorists, suspected violent extremists, and folks worthy of 24-hour surveillance.

for full story
http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2cfm?action=detail&pk=MURDOCK-03-17-05

Said1 said:
Your link doesn't work.

http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=MURDOCK-03-17-05
Terrorists thrive north of our border

By DEROY MURDOCK
Scripps Howard News Service
17-MAR-05

NEW YORK -- Without neglecting the U.S.-Mexican border, American officials better eye the northern frontier, too. While most Canadians are as friendly as Labrador retrievers, that attitude is not universal.

"I'm not afraid of dying, and killing doesn't frighten me," Algerian-born Canadian Fateh Kamel said on an Italian counterterrorism intercept. "If I have to press the remote control, vive the jihad!"

Kamel was convicted in France of distributing bogus passports and conspiring to blow up Paris Metro stations. He was sentenced April 6, 2001, to eight years in prison.

But after fewer than four years, France sprang Kamel for "good behavior." Kamel flew home to Canada Jan. 29.

"When Kamel arrived in Montreal, the (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) was not even at the airport to greet him," Stewart Bell reported March 4 in Canada's National Post. "As far as they're concerned, he is an ex-convict who has done his time and has committed no crimes in Canada."

Kamel now freely strolls Canada's streets. That's fine, if he limits his violence to moose hunting. But what if he has humans _ Americans, even _ in his crosshairs?

"We should be looking at him and possibly sending him back to Algeria," Conservative Party deputy leader Peter MacKay said in the Feb. 27 Toronto Star. MacKay believes Kamel symbolizes Ottawa's peaceful, easy feeling toward terrorist killers. "The French authorities wanted him out of the country, and we were all too willing to take him in."

Kamel is not alone. Canada crawls with terrorists, suspected violent extremists, and folks worthy of 24-hour surveillance:...

Do a search for Scripps Howard News Service. When that comes up, do a "SHNS Quick Search" for Deroy Murdock. Should be the second article listed.

The url given in the post is correct. I don't know why it will not produce the article. Here it is again. You might try typing it into your computer and see if it brings the article up. It will probably need the http:// before the www.

www.shns.com/shns/g_index2cfm?action=detail&pk=MURDOCK-03-17-05.

Sorry, that didn't work because it didn't bring up the full url. Just do the Scripps Howard News Service, Deroy Murdock search. I am sure the article will come up that way.

Adam's Apple said:
Sorry, that didn't work because it didn't bring up the full url. Just do the Scripps Howard News Service, Deroy Murdock search. I am sure the article will come up that way.

Kathianne's link worked thanks. I was reading something similar about terrorists coming up through Mexico the other day - Chechens I think. Maybe they were heading here for the moose hunt. :D

Said1 said:
Kathianne's link worked thanks. I was reading something similar about terrorists coming up through Mexico the other day - Chechens I think. Maybe they were heading here for the moose hunt. :D

They better make damn sure they leave our armadillos alone !!!!!!!! :mad:

Forum List

Back