The Terrorists Have Won.

We have suffered pretty awful Blow-Back here at home as a result of the 'War on Terror.' We are less free today than we were before 911. And that's probably a huge understatement.

The irony is that it will take the POS in chief to veto this debacle and save us. I suspect he has political motivation at heart and no real interest in liberty but I'll take what I can get.
Obama has 'said' he will veto the bill. But based on the vote split (only seven opposing) the veto will be overridden.

This is correct that he can and probably will veto it all while knowing it will be overrridden as you state. This is just politics Obama is playing to make him look like the good guy. The only choice a state and it's citizens would have to avoid this bill is by succeeding from the union.

Last edited:
God help us. America is going to become a close society very soon. The Rightwing is coming back to Washington and they are going to use the War on Terrorism to increase domestic surveillance and shut down the free press. The Left is complicit because they are too weak to oppose the Bushies and Neocons.

Electing Ron Paul is probably THE ONLY thing that could reverse this process
I agree with most of your post except the last part. The left is not complicit and that is one of the major problems. The left is pushing this just as hard as the right. Open warfare may not be the objective for Obama but that does not mean he wants to slow the train. We are executing citizens, passing laws that allow citizens IN THE US to be detained by MILITARY and the patriot act is as alive as ever. If anything, this is one area that the neocons, republicans, democrats hell EVERYONE is pushing. And here we sit not challenging anything in the slightest way.

The shear fact that a provision allowing any sort of military action on a citizen within the US borders is allowed to be OPENLY debated in the senate and put to the president is a reflection on how far we truly have slid. Let's hope that Obama is true to his word of veto.

Forum List

Back