The terrorists are winning!

I just had my first experience with the new TSA "procedures" today. I left my wallet in my pants since I always do when going through metal detectors, apparently that made me fail the x-ray machine. So I was told to move forward and stand on a mat with footprints. The guy said he was going to do a pat down I was like OK, as if I had a choice. When he started running his hands up my leg, all the way up....I was like WHOA, WTF. I wanted to say "Really, REALLY??"

Totally absurd. Janet Nazitano needs to be fired.

I think it's invasive and Americans need to suck it up and deal with the fact that unless we want this kind of invasive treatment, we have to accept that we cannot be protected from every threat at all times. It's just not feasible and while the government has a responsibility to try to prevent criminal plots, it will not always succeed. Not to mention, the major burden shouldn't be on some airport security screener but on the intelligence agencies who could and should have prevented every attempted attack long before a known target ever got to an airport.

The problem is, the next time an underwear bomber or shoe bomber or what have you makes it on to a plane, especially if anyone ever succeeds at pulling off an attack again, the people are going to collectively shout "How did they get past security" and demand ever stricter enforcement.

We will never have total safety and we don't like total surveillance. We have to decide which we value more, privacy or security? The more we push for one, the less we get of the other. We're trying to have our cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Hey man,quit yer bitchin. It's all about "The Audacity of Grope" now. Just take your humiliation and like it. I'm Big Brother and i approve this message.

I just had my first experience with the new TSA "procedures" today. I left my wallet in my pants since I always do when going through metal detectors, apparently that made me fail the x-ray machine. So I was told to move forward and stand on a mat with footprints. The guy said he was going to do a pat down I was like OK, as if I had a choice. When he started running his hands up my leg, all the way up....I was like WHOA, WTF. I wanted to say "Really, REALLY??"

Totally absurd. Janet Nazitano needs to be fired.

you shudda peed on him

Forum List

Back