The Tension Mounts

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
With the election getting closer and the polls showing Obama in the lead, you can see the gloves starting to come off. I watched a bit of Fox and MSNBC last night and things are getting uglier, primarily on the conservative side.

It was Kipling who's poem says:

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;​

I detest the left....but I have been pretty unwavering in that.

It has been ugly....for a long time.

I hope it just does not get more so....now.

The Tension Mounts

"If you can wait and not be tired by waiting"

the problem with neo-cons is they never bothered to take responsibility for the Calamitous, Great Recession that occurred during the final year of the Bush Administration and find no fault for the Policies and Principles of the Republican Administration that caused the downturn.

and with only 3 years of the present Administration they are quoting poems from Kipling as though they are the victims and not the cause of the Nations distress and feel time alone without change should be enough to solve their anxiety.

The Tension Mounts

the problem with neo-cons is they never bothered to take responsibility for the Calamitous, Great Recession that occurred during the final year of the Bush Administration and find no fault for the Policies and Principles of the Republican Administration that caused the downturn.

and with only 3 years of the present Administration they are quoting poems from Kipling as though they are the victims and not the cause of the Nations distress and feel time alone without change should be enough to solve their anxiety.

As I said, I have always detested the left.

The OP is a commentary on keeping it normal (not necessarily civil....just normally uncivil if that has been a consistent thing).

The left just can't take it's eyes off it's goodies long enough to understand.....anything.

You are the proverbial Pavlov's dog.

As usual, the left tries to justify its tactics with a moral equivalency argument, even though they can't cite any examples.

P.S. Please explain the FACTS and LOGIC supporting your "Wall Street Greed" explanation for the financial meltdown, which was actually caused by the government's pressure on banks (e.g., Community Reinvestment Act) to make subprime real estate loans. Fannie and Freddie created a market for these loans by buying selling them as bundled securities, which were then marketed worldwide as AAA investments. When this Ponzi scheme collapsed, financial institutions were left with insufficient asset reserves to support new lending, which then froze commercial borrowing and investment.

With the election getting closer and the polls showing Obama in the lead, you can see the gloves starting to come off. I watched a bit of Fox and MSNBC last night and things are getting uglier, primarily on the conservative side.

It seems to me that whichever side is losing in the polls in a particular week, the supporters become more willing to fight dirty. You can see the shifts back and forth here in the forum, as well. The 2008 election was a particularly nasty one. i'm not a Palin fan, but the attacks on Palin were pretty loathsome.

It seems to me that whichever side is losing in the polls in a particular week, the supporters become more willing to fight dirty. You can see the shifts back and forth here in the forum, as well. The 2008 election was a particularly nasty one. i'm not a Palin fan, but the attacks on Palin were pretty loathsome.

And I guess that is the point.

Why do people suddenly wake up and realize.....it's all turning to s**t...and then get angry.

Obama solves nothing. Romney solves nothing. We solve it ourselves. What we need are the tools and the freedom.

But, since people are convince they will live in hell if they lose, they lose their dignity.

I have always badmouthed and spit at the left...I will keep doing it....just like I have always done. No more, no less.

I have always badmouthed and spit at the left...I will keep doing it....just like I have always done. No more, no less.

Your "Conditioned Reflex" is somewhat underwhelming, particularly in light of the calamitous Finally of the Previous Republican Administration and the Rights refusal to acknowledge their responsibility for the Economic and Budgetary Catastrophe it caused.

Your "Conditioned Reflex" is somewhat underwhelming, particularly in light of the calamitous Finally of the Previous Republican Administration and the Rights refusal to acknowledge their responsibility for the Economic and Budgetary Catastrophe it caused.

Are you drinking again or suffering from dementia.

There as a crisis in 2008. Get over it. Four years later, we are still in crisis.....a crisis of leadership.

"The LEFT", "47% depend on government for........". Nice way to dehumanize large sections of the American people. And the endless articles about Romney's TAN, and 30 words he said 27 YEARS ago are not relevant to the ELECTION in FIVE WEEKS either.

This is style over substance, with lousy STYLE, from BOTH campaigns.

"The LEFT", "47% depend on government for........". Nice way to dehumanize large sections of the American people. And the endless articles about Romney's TAN, and 30 words he said 27 YEARS ago are not relevant to the ELECTION in FIVE WEEKS either.

Wrong....

Romney has run big programs before.

What will be interesting is if the dems keep the senate. With the GOP in the house and the GOP in the senate becoming more Hard right....nobody in the WH is going to get anything done.

Wrong....

What will be interesting is if the dems keep the senate. With the GOP in the house and the GOP in the senate becoming more Hard right....nobody in the WH is going to get anything done.

This isn't a "program", it is the greatest NATION on earth. Turn off your widescreen TV and learn the difference. OF COURSE ROMNEY is qualified, as is Obama; I want more policy, less about who "detests" what group, Romey's tan and Obama's aging. THERE ARE ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED!

What I'm reading is how each campaign is prepping to embarass the other Wednesday night; thus, I expect more useless soundbites, no SUBSTANCE.

At this point I'd like to see Liddy Dole & Hillary Clinton team up, and run on a third party ticket.

the Republicans did lose their majority in the WI State Senate ... indeed a positive preview for 2012

Wrong....

This isn't a "program", it is the greatest NATION on earth. Turn off your widescreen TV and learn the difference. OF COURSE ROMNEY is qualified, as is Obama; I want more policy, less about who "detests" what group, Romey's tan and Obama's aging. THERE ARE ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED!

What I'm reading is how each campaign is prepping to embarass the other Wednesday night; thus, I expect more useless soundbites, no SUBSTANCE.

At this point I'd like to see Liddy Dole & Hillary Clinton team up, and run on a third party ticket.

I could go for that ticket !!!! Dole as president.

But.....my point was...

Romney knows how to fit things together and get stuff done.

If the congress is divided.....Dole/Romney/Obama....won't matter...they will be lame duck from day one.

The Tension Mounts

The problem with the idiot liberal dumbocrat is that they never bothered to take responsibility for collapsing the economy when Clinton interfered with the private market and forced banks to make loans to people who didn't previously qualify until the fucking government unconstitutionally got their fucking noses involved.

We have a 100% catastrophic fail rate when the dumbocrats get government unconstitutionally involved where it has no fucking business being involved.

The Tension Mounts

The problem is not the recession of 2008. The problem is the recovery of 2009 et seq. The weakest recovery on record, the worst economic performance of any president. No one to thank but Team Obama themselves.

Nothing like BRINGING US TOGETHER, and the hadcore Romney suppporters are doing NOTHING like THAT!

Nothing like BRINGING US TOGETHER, and the hadcore Romney suppporters are doing NOTHING like THAT!

And the hardcore Obama supporters are?
Get real. This is an election year. And a very important election. And feelings run high when the future of the US is at stake.

What do you mean bring us together.

Obamacare is a non-starter.

Kissing the asses of other countries is a non-start.

What would you like to come together about.

Or are you talking about something else ? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back