The Ten Worst Media Distortions of Campaign 2004

freeandfun1 said:
Notice the number of CBS stories......

One other thing, why are they pointing out stories where reporters "rose above their bias"? Reporters are supposed to always hide their bias, so why "reward" them for doing their job?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing as I was reading this :huh: Shows how entrenched Yellow Journalism is!!

I found this article. It states that people voted for Bush because they're stupid and were told to vote him in by their preachers. Us republicans are to dumb to think for ourselves apparently. Also the replies to her article are good.
This is a section of what she wrote. Check out the sight.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2109218

Here is how ignorance works: First, they put the fear of God into you—if you don't believe in the literal word of the Bible, you will burn in hell. Of course, the literal word of the Bible is tremendously contradictory, and so you must abdicate all critical thinking, and accept a simple but logical system of belief that is dangerous to question. A corollary to this point is that they make sure you understand that Satan resides in the toils and snares of complex thought and so it is best not try it

Trigg said:
I found this article. It states that people voted for Bush because they're stupid and were told to vote him in by their preachers. Us republicans are to dumb to think for ourselves apparently. Also the replies to her article are good.
This is a section of what she wrote. Check out the sight.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2109218

Here is how ignorance works: First, they put the fear of God into you—if you don't believe in the literal word of the Bible, you will burn in hell. Of course, the literal word of the Bible is tremendously contradictory, and so you must abdicate all critical thinking, and accept a simple but logical system of belief that is dangerous to question. A corollary to this point is that they make sure you understand that Satan resides in the toils and snares of complex thought and so it is best not try it

Pitifully it's the only way libs have of consoling themselves, easier to do that then look at their flawed and out of thouch with reality thinking. Expect it to get worse!! But see they are playing their hand, this is what the elites really always thought of the rest of us, and the more they shreek the more they are going to disenfranchise themselves form the rest of the country. I say let them have at it!!

Bonnie said:
Pitifully it's the only way libs have of consoling themselves, easier to do that then look at their flawed and out of thouch with reality thinking. Expect it to get worse!! But see they are playing their hand, this is what the elites really always thought of the rest of us, and the more they shreek the more they are going to disenfranchise themselves form the rest of the country. I say let them have at it!!

I agree. Calling everyone who doesn't agree with them stupid is pretty childish. I posted a link to the article on another sight. I hope everyone reads it and realizes that this is what the dems. think of there opponets.

Trigg said:
I agree. Calling everyone who doesn't agree with them stupid is pretty childish. I posted a link to the article on another sight. I hope everyone reads it and realizes that this is what the dems. think of there opponets.

we know what they think. that is why we turned out in such large numbers for this election.

Trigg said:

That loud "smack" is the sound of you, hitting the nail right on the head. This is, fundamentally, how Democrats really feel about us. Jane Smiley is just the only one, so far, who's been bold (or stupid) enough to say so out loud.

musicman said:
That loud "smack" is the sound of you, hitting the nail right on the head. This is, fundamentally, how Democrats really feel about us. Jane Smiley is just the only one, so far, who's been bold (or stupid) enough to say so out loud.

The loud "smack" we are going to be hearing soon is the democrats being smacked up side the head if they don't stop it with this non-sense, childish act of theirs. I am personally tired of these democrats who have themselves on a pedestal. They think they are superior, and anyone who disagrees with them is "stupid". God forbid anyone have a different view than them. Of course, if you are a democrat, remove the word God from my previous sentence.

I thought after Bush defeated Kerry in this election by a majority, with all the votes in now, 52%-47%, and the huge number of voters who turned out that were supposed to be on the democrats side according to them, which actually ended up being on Bush's side would have said something to them. These Hollywood idiots, liberal news stations, etc., all got a smack in the face on Tuesday, but none of them can seem to realize why. They are in denial and can only resort to calling everyone else "stupid", as the reason they voted for Bush. LOL, to me, that is "stupid".

When I think of the democrats, I think of a party of hate, after the 2004 campaign. With all of the Michael Moore's who came out with their "hate Bush" rallies, that is what I began to think of the democrats; a party of haters. You don't see Michael Moore's on the republican's side. Trust me when I say MUCH of America has noticed, and many more will begin to notice, who haven't, if the democrats continue this, and the democrats will find themselves in a hole they cannot climb out of!!

freeandfun1 said:
Notice the number of CBS stories......

One other thing, why are they pointing out stories where reporters "rose above their bias"? Reporters are supposed to always hide their bias, so why "reward" them for doing their job?
Perhaps to point out and provide an example of who is actually doing their job correctly I would think.

ChrisH said:
The loud "smack" we are going to be hearing soon is the democrats being smacked up side the head if they don't stop it with this non-sense, childish act of theirs. I am personally tired of these democrats who have themselves on a pedestal. They think they are superior, and anyone who disagrees with them is "stupid". God forbid anyone have a different view than them. Of course, if you are a democrat, remove the word God from my previous sentence.

I thought after Bush defeated Kerry in this election by a majority, with all the votes in now, 52%-47%, and the huge number of voters who turned out that were supposed to be on the democrats side according to them, which actually ended up being on Bush's side would have said something to them. These Hollywood idiots, liberal news stations, etc., all got a smack in the face on Tuesday, but none of them can seem to realize why. They are in denial and can only resort to calling everyone else "stupid", as the reason they voted for Bush. LOL, to me, that is "stupid".

When I think of the democrats, I think of a party of hate, after the 2004 campaign. With all of the Michael Moore's who came out with their "hate Bush" rallies, that is what I began to think of the democrats; a party of haters. You don't see Michael Moore's on the republican's side. Trust me when I say MUCH of America has noticed, and many more will begin to notice, who haven't, if the democrats continue this, and the democrats will find themselves in a hole they cannot climb out of!!

Heres hoping!!! :cof:

Forum List

Back