The Templars in America.

By the time the Templars (if any survived) would be fleeing the Pope, the Vikings had been coming here for a couple hundred years to fish and to explore. So the continent would not have been a secret, at least not to the Greenlanders and Icelanders. According to the Sagas, a Bishop of the Church visited Greenland in the early 1100's and set off in search of "Vinland" himself--so if the Bishop made it back, even the Church knew. The Templars, as the richest organization in Europe, had excellent connections with shipping magnates and sailors. They had a large fleet of their own. There is no reason to think the Templars (if any survived and if they actually had escaped with any treasure at all) couldn't have known of the New World.

However, if they knew of the New World from the Northmen, they also knew of the Skraelings, who had been quite an issue at times, and that there was no established support system anywhere near. I question why the Templars would go quite so far as a completely uncolonized, dangerous and relatively unknown land to leave the priceless treasure of the West buried in a hole. Not so sure about that. I realize their lives were threatened (if they weren't already dead) and that Europe at that time probably seemed like a "crowded" place, but the Templars knew the way to the East, as well, which had much more chance of success as a place to survive until the Pope got his panties out of a twist.

The Newport Tower is interesting. It was probably built by Vikings--it is built aligned perfectly with the solstices and was probably an astronomical tower for tracking those important dates. It would certainly indicate a settlement of some size would have been around it, but that is now covered by the City of Newport. So we'll never know, I guess.

If you go to the Newport Tower site on Google, it says the tower is a windmill built in the 1600's. There is an interesting report on the Tower here that disagrees:
WHO BUILT THE NEWPORT TOWER? | ACMRS

It isn't built like any windmill, colonial researchers say -- it is an observatory or a church with astronomical orientation to serve a double purpose. There is also a map by a European explorer who draws in the tower in 1500-something, well before any colonists had come to New England. Or maybe that was a hoax. It
The Templars in America is a topic that fascinates many. Did the knights flee to the New World with their treasure? Are objects like the Westford Knight and the Newport Towerproof of their presence? And what to make of Oak Island – is there treasure buried under the ground there?

Our starting point is the decision in October 1307 by the king of France, Philip the Fair, to round up every Knight Templar in his realm and put them on trial for heresy, idolatry, sodomy and corruption. Philip knew the Templars were astoundingly wealthy and he had big debts to pay. But when his men turned up at the Paris Temple, the order’s heavily fortified HQ, the cupboard was bare. Knights had fled with whatever treasure was behind those immense walls.

Templars in America – or not?

The Templars in America - The Templar Knight

IMHO, probably not.

De Molay passed away in 1307, and the story you linked indicated they came over at the end of the 14th Century 70 or 80 years after?

Not likely they would all be dead. And since the Templars were an all-male outfit, they had to recruit new generations.

Would they, or anyone else for that matter, have been capable of sailing over to the American continent, with whatever boating technology they might have possessed at that time in history?

Absolutely, they sailed to America. That's why there are carving of corn and cacti at Rosslyn Temple

Incontrovertible evidence they sailed to America and back before Columbus
Or bundled wheat. It doesn't matter. That chapel is a treasure grove for conspiracy theorists. Like Masonic carvings carved before the order was established.
A legendary chapel, for sure!
Personally, I believe Europeans made it here. And probably a few other cultures.

Is that place worth a visit? I must go there. I'm living not far from Rosslyn.
I would! The mysteries that envelop that property is mind boggling!
One day I am going to travel all over Europe and that will be one of my stops.

By the time the Templars (if any survived) would be fleeing the Pope, the Vikings had been coming here for a couple hundred years to fish and to explore. So the continent would not have been a secret, at least not to the Greenlanders and Icelanders. According to the Sagas, a Bishop of the Church visited Greenland in the early 1100's and set off in search of "Vinland" himself--so if the Bishop made it back, even the Church knew. The Templars, as the richest organization in Europe, had excellent connections with shipping magnates and sailors. They had a large fleet of their own. There is no reason to think the Templars (if any survived and if they actually had escaped with any treasure at all) couldn't have known of the New World.

However, if they knew of the New World from the Northmen, they also knew of the Skraelings, who had been quite an issue at times, and that there was no established support system anywhere near. I question why the Templars would go quite so far as a completely uncolonized, dangerous and relatively unknown land to leave the priceless treasure of the West buried in a hole. Not so sure about that. I realize their lives were threatened (if they weren't already dead) and that Europe at that time probably seemed like a "crowded" place, but the Templars knew the way to the East, as well, which had much more chance of success as a place to survive until the Pope got his panties out of a twist.

The Newport Tower is interesting. It was probably built by Vikings--it is built aligned perfectly with the solstices and was probably an astronomical tower for tracking those important dates. It would certainly indicate a settlement of some size would have been around it, but that is now covered by the City of Newport. So we'll never know, I guess.

If you go to the Newport Tower site on Google, it says the tower is a windmill built in the 1600's. There is an interesting report on the Tower here that disagrees:
WHO BUILT THE NEWPORT TOWER? | ACMRS

It isn't built like any windmill, colonial researchers say -- it is an observatory or a church with astronomical orientation to serve a double purpose. There is also a map by a European explorer who draws in the tower in 1500-something, well before any colonists had come to New England. Or maybe that was a hoax. It
IMHO, probably not.

De Molay passed away in 1307, and the story you linked indicated they came over at the end of the 14th Century 70 or 80 years after?

Not likely they would all be dead. And since the Templars were an all-male outfit, they had to recruit new generations.

Would they, or anyone else for that matter, have been capable of sailing over to the American continent, with whatever boating technology they might have possessed at that time in history?

Absolutely, they sailed to America. That's why there are carving of corn and cacti at Rosslyn Temple

Incontrovertible evidence they sailed to America and back before Columbus
Or bundled wheat. It doesn't matter. That chapel is a treasure grove for conspiracy theorists. Like Masonic carvings carved before the order was established.
A legendary chapel, for sure!
Personally, I believe Europeans made it here. And probably a few other cultures.

Is that place worth a visit? I must go there. I'm living not far from Rosslyn.
I would! The mysteries that envelop that property is mind boggling!
One day I am going to travel all over Europe and that will be one of my stops.

I diid that road trip, starting in the South of France. I think I wrote about it somewhere. Even found traces of them in Cambridge. England.

I think the Templars took it all to America, where the treasures were not values, therefore scattered, and the nights themselves assimilated into the Indian tribes through local women.

So where had they gone?
They fled to America and, at least, back to Scotland.

My friend is a 33rd degree Mason and was knighted at Rosslyn Temple, built prior to Columbus, where they have columns adorned with maize and cacti

Forum List

Back